PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hednesford Match
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hednesford Match  (Read 9456 times)

markecky

Hednesford Match
« on: November 02, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »

Two part post.

Firstly well done to the majority of the lads who gave there all after the red card and had them on the backfoot for long periods.  They worked their socks off.

I don't think Reeves or Clee were injured, therefore that was two of the worst substitutions for many a year and meant that with 8 men we simply didn't have a chance.

We could have got something out of that and handicapped ourselves.

Perry and Smikle are stealing a living off us and should be released if not on any form of contract or made available for loan or signing tonight.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:29:48 PM by markecky »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hednesford Match
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »

I didn't want to be the first to post something because I don't really know what I just watched. Was it a bad ref making bad decisions or a good ref making good decisions that Altrincham didn't like? Horrible weather often results in horrible results. Let Hednesford have their day. They'll lose games before the season ends.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:35:10 PM »

i agree i think we need a small freshen up, two out, we all know who and a winger and defender in.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »

Spot on.

See my post a few months back when we signed Perry.

He must have photos of Sinnott's wife or else why else would he have signed him?

What the hell must be going though Damien's mind????

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 05:46:24 PM »

Totally agree Ecky, Perry is more interested in impersonating Tom Daly than actually playing football and Smikle (who played in a good kiddy team) has two ways of playing... Sidewards and backwards...

Get rid of both, they add nothing to the team.. I would question the managers tactics, but at this juncture will not call for his head (but might start soon!!)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »

just calmed down after the match , firstly i don't usually berate the ref but the spanner in charge to day has previous he and his linesman are the worst i have ever seen , completely clueless and if you want to stick up for them feel free it wont change my mind , there f**king woeful and should be sacked . Jake moult was are outstanding player today and didn't deserve to be on that result Wilkinson looks pretty tidy as well.Lastly please someone  explain to me why reeves and clee where taken of , if i was damien i would be handing my notice in for being subbed for that shower of sh*te  words cant describe how bad he is ,  he actually has better control with his thigh than his feet or head and unless he was injured it could  probably be the worst sub i have ever seen and watching alty for 20 years Ive seen a few and taking nicky of for smikle in words of a teenager WTF ..........rant over onwards and hopefully sliding not to far backwards
FFS

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 06:07:55 PM »

Absolutely agree with Eckys post. Smickle and Perry are a waste of wages (I'd have got rid of perry after his showing in the Trafford game). Reeves didn't look too happy in the tunnel at the start of the second half. Baffling substitutions by Sinnott. Wilkinson was excellent particularly in the first half. Always made himself avaliable to receive the ball, moved forward with it and has a decent shot.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 06:20:10 PM »

Totally agree Ecky, Perry is more interested in impersonating Tom Daly than actually playing football and Smikle (who played in a good kiddy team) has two ways of playing... Sidewards and backwards...

Get rid of both, they add nothing to the team.. I would question the managers tactics, but at this juncture will not call for his head (but might start soon!!)

I said about 3 years ago that Perry was just a diving bastard. Back in those days he did score a few goals though.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »

All I say, is if your a ref and you set your stall out like that after 10 minutes, you've got to carry it through, he didn't, all 3 officials weren't up to the job today

I cannot understand the substitutions of either reeves or clee.

Perry likeable bloke but he's put weight on since arriving which is disrespectful to both manager and club.

Youth team players on the bench before bonfire night, squad to small

Back pass Brian and Perry, sorry carriage clock and see you later for me

Reeves and Walshaw, both being paid well, your playing for an ace club, sort your sh*t out

Bigger squad needed, today illustrated that 

Five more players needed and we will win the title

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 06:38:09 PM »

Today was 12 against 8.

Kyle Perry spends most / all of his efforts in trying to con the ref by falling over. If Perry couldn't con that ref today he'll never con anyone, so his contributions become zero. His first 'touch' is appalling.

Positive is that Hednesford aren't that good (they beat us with the aid of an inept ref and us effectively having 8 men - not Hednesford's fault obviously but reflects the state of our squad) and they are top of the league - this isn't a good league.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »

A couple of points if I might.

The two players taken off were unhappy - Good! I'd be incandescent if they weren't umpty at being subbed

Does anyone other than the management know the state of health of our players?  There was a bug going around the squad last week which affected most if not all of them to some degree. some worse than others. We were gonna have to play over eighty minutes with ten players on the back of that so changes were inevitable don't you think?

Does anybody REALLY think that ANY manager would make changes to deliberately weaken the team and reduce their chances of recovering a deficit? Let's just remember please that prior to today we were second in the League....yes SECOND.

Referees never score a goal for or against you but a performance as abject and inconsistent as Mr Salisbury today cannot but have a significant impact on the eventual outcome which is very very wrong.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »

A couple of points if I might.

The two players taken off were unhappy - Good! I'd be incandescent if they weren't umpty at being subbed

Does anyone other than the management know the state of health of our players?  There was a bug going around the squad last week which affected most if not all of them to some degree. some worse than others. We were gonna have to play over eighty minutes with ten players on the back of that so changes were inevitable don't you think?

Does anybody REALLY think that ANY manager would make changes to deliberately weaken the team and reduce their chances of recovering a deficit? Let's just remember please that prior to today we were second in the League....yes SECOND.

Referees never score a goal for or against you but a performance as abject and inconsistent as Mr Salisbury today cannot but have a significant impact on the eventual outcome which is very very wrong.

Managers sometimes make wrong decisions Phil.  Today the manager made two wrong decisions.  He thought they were right at the time, they turned out to be wrong.

I'm not sure it can be argued to be honest even if it is about opinions.

Sometimes its a given that Clee will have to come off after 70 mins, today he was still flying.

VofD

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 07:57:12 PM »

If Sinnott thinks Perry and Smikle are good enough to play at this level, then HE should be shown the door. The two of them are an embarrassment. >:( >:(

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »

If Sinnott thinks Perry and Smikle are good enough to play at this level, then HE should be shown the door. The two of them are an embarrassment. >:( >:(

THIS !!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »

I've only just got in after being hauld out of the canal.

It wasn't Sinnott fault Leather and Lawrie were unavailable or the ref was sh*t, it was however his fault for the two most sh*t subs ever.

The man only has 14 players to pick from.

How he left Wilkinson on when completely bolloxed and not replacing him with Gilroy is  madness.

Rumours that Reeves spent the 2nd half in the bar and Cleee had a door slamming barny with Sinnott suggest something is not right.

Time for a managerial change before this season has gone tits up
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hednesford Match