News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 WHAT THE F#CK IS SINNOTT DOING!?

Author Topic: WHAT THE F#CK IS SINNOTT DOING!?  (Read 4557 times)

Longman

« on: November 02, 2013, 05:11:51 PM »

Never usually berate players or management but I'm absolutely livid at that substitution to take Clee off for a straight swop with Smikle, I cannot get my head around it whatsoever. Smikle should never play for us again, he is useless in every department and it beggars belief how bringing him on for our most creative player (who was also having a decent game) is going to give us a better chance of equalising. LIVID.

Stan Hibbert

Re: WHAT THE F#CK IS SINNOTT DOING!?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 05:24:48 PM »

Perry for Reeves was even worse.
Unless Clee or Reeves were injured Sinnott's made a major f**k up today.

joe

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:27:04 PM »

I wasn't there today due to lack of funds but regardless of todays result Lee Sinnott is not the man to take our club forward,FACT!!

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »

Totally agree, Perry and Smille are two of the most abject, incompetent footballers I've ever seen. They shouldn't bother getting in the car on a saturday. The fact we hqve to pay them after their performance(s) is a disgrace. I'd rather see Ryan Brooke (at least he tried) and any other winger in the team.

Today was one of those days, ref didn't help, I thought it was a red, but it wasn't even with Hednesford fouls going unpunished. We'll get the rub of the green in other games.

Their 8 was their standout player (and he knew it) no need to wind the home fans up, should have let his football speak for itself. Brackley are a better team than Hednesford and we'll finish above Hednesford..

We desperately need a competent centre half to play alongside Luca, when Leather is unavailable we look frail!

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:42:48 PM »

and we'll finish above Hednesford..

Really?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »

A couple of points if I might.

The two players taken off were unhappy - Good! I'd be incandescent if they weren't umpty at being subbed

Does anyone other than the management know the state of health of our players?  There was a bug going around the squad last week which affected most if not all of them to some degree. some worse than others. We were gonna have to play over eighty minutes with ten players on the back of that so changes were inevitable don't you think?

Does anybody REALLY think that ANY manager would make changes to deliberately weaken the team and reduce their chances of recovering a deficit? Let's just remember please that prior to today we were second in the League....yes SECOND.

Referees never score a goal for or against you but a performance as abject and inconsistent as Mr Salisbury today cannot but have a significant impact on the eventual outcome which is very very wrong.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 07:21:37 PM »

Stop being a know it all and jump off the fence. If you have inside club knowledge.. good for you. Today was shocking for the reasons stated above.

Even you must admit, that the referee was inconsistent. In my opinion, it was a red card. But, as mentioned in another thread, if you set your stall out early you have to be consistent.

Personally, I am sick of you defending the manager, the referee, the tea lady, everybody, except the supporters... We generally all agree, but don't rub our noses in it. Yes we were second before today and, today we were unlucky, but we (the supporters) think (know) where we need strengthening and, who are our weak links...

Let us moan, groan, shout, scream and post on here, we don't need to be shown the error of our ways!!

markecky

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 07:24:49 PM »

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »

The two players taken off were unhappy - Good! I'd be incandescent if they weren't umpty at being subbed

Does anyone other than the management know the state of health of our players?  There was a bug going around the squad last week which affected most if not all of them to some degree. some worse than others. We were gonna have to play over eighty minutes with ten players on the back of that so changes were inevitable don't you think?

Does anybody REALLY think that ANY manager would make changes to deliberately weaken the team and reduce their chances of recovering a deficit? Let's just remember please that prior to today we were second in the League....yes SECOND.

Referees never score a goal for or against you but a performance as abject and inconsistent as Mr Salisbury today cannot but have a significant impact on the eventual outcome which is very very wrong.
I spoke to one of the players who says he wasn't injured and the other player didn't look it either

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

Stop being a know it all and jump off the fence. If you have inside club knowledge.. good for you. Today was shocking for the reasons stated above.

Even you must admit, that the referee was inconsistent. In my opinion, it was a red card. But, as mentioned in another thread, if you set your stall out early you have to be consistent.

Personally, I am sick of you defending the manager, the referee, the tea lady, everybody, except the supporters... We generally all agree, but don't rub our noses in it. Yes we were second before today and, today we were unlucky, but we (the supporters) think (know) where we need strengthening and, who are our weak links...

Let us moan, groan, shout, scream and post on here, we don't need to be shown the error of our ways!!

If you take the time to actually read my post you will see that  describe the Referee as both inconsistent and abject, neither of which are particularly complimentary

Don't actually see the bit where I'm not defending the supporters either tbh Although i don't see any evidence of me being critical of you either.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »

I spoke to one of the players who says he wasn't injured and the other player didn't look it either

Fair enough. That is information rather than supposition

Longman

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »

Does anyone other than the management know the state of health of our players?  There was a bug going around the squad last week which affected most if not all of them to some degree. some worse than others. We were gonna have to play over eighty minutes with ten players on the back of that so changes were inevitable don't you think?

No I don't think any manager would make substitutions to purposely weaken the side, however I do think that serious questions have to be asked around the managers' judgement when he is bringing on Brian Smikle for a seemingly fit Nicky Clee (who once again looked our only creative threat). I'm sorry but I can't accept or compute that substitution today, not to mention smikle gave the ball away which directly lead to their third goal, he is not good enough for our bench, let alone coming on for one of our consistently best players for the last few years!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:24:36 PM by Longman »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team