PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Team for tonight  (Read 7455 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Team for tonight
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »

And Keystone Kops defending allows Graham to complete his hat trick from the penalty spot. Final score 0-4.

Bloody disgraceful by any standards.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »

Finished 4 nil
ParkINson's red and white army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »

Some truly appalling performances tonight . No midfield capability, defenders that didn't know how to defend, and forwards that never mind couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo,  couldn't even find the farm on a map. If we learn anything from tonight it's that Altrincham  have no strength in depth at all and some players are not worth their place in the squad.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »

To be honest I couldnt care less.

We are better out of the cup, we dont have a big squad and pointless games puts them under more pressure.

Glad we are out of it, as for the performance who gives a toss to be honest, apart from those who paid £10 and didnt stay indoors with a hot cup of coco.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »

I'm not talking about the Cheshire Senior Cup, I'm talking about the ability and performance of the players on show tonight.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 10:07:55 PM »

Hopefully LS will take note of the senior players who failed to shine and look to replace them. That would enable us to look upon tonight as a useful exercise!
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 10:13:41 PM »

I guess that makes sense, if he sees nothing in the senior players he can get rid and get some decent squad players.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 10:17:55 PM »

Not that bothered about going out but that was embarassing.

In a game that fringe players had a chance to shine and state a claim they didn't. Brooke and Mitchley in particular were shlocking.
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »

I guess that makes sense, if he sees nothing in the senior players he can get rid and get some decent squad players.
Since he wasn't there tonight, it won't happen.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »

Not disappointed about going out, we were dreadful. Lacey looked like he was going to explode at any point, possibly just frustrated, Duncan did well but in the end over played a little, Moult looked like the best player on the pitch when he came on. He's never a centre back though..

Sadly Brooke and Mitchley only confirmed what i already knew.. not good enough.

We have a good starting 11, but strength in depth is non existant..

Where was Mr Sinnott tonight? Was the trip too far? Or did he travel to Plymouth?

Fair play to Congleton, best of luck in the next round..

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »

He was there. Got there late but was under a hat wondering what the fook he has signed
Full time and proud of it

markecky

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »

I wonder if Neil Tolson said to the lads.

"Listen boys, there is a few out there who think you aren't good enough to step up to the plate, if you could just prove it beyond all doubt that would be brilliant"

I'm not bothered that we are out at all.   It was a mix and match of a team and it showed so I wasn't expecting free flowing football. However that was like a bad joke.

Full credit to Congleton though.  They were keen and seemed to have some decent players amongst their ranks, played some nice stuff and a couple had pace to burn.  There goals were all tidy finsihes as well, the third was superb!

In fact I'd have probable swopped at least four of theirs for four of ours at the end of the game.

Duncan did OK and tried his best, the rest were utter sh*t.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »

All the teams that Jimmy Vince Jnr have managed have, to my recollection, played decent football and tonight was no exception

Jim coaches at Crewe and to have been asked to do that he must want the game played the right way (ironic really considering that he was what might be called a "robust" defender during his playing days.

Anyway. I think, for what it's worth that Sam Grimshaw showed some potential and ability, Duncan did what Duncan does but sadly wasn't really playing with the quality of team mate that he normally does and therefore it sometimes looked a bit rum.

Derryn Ofori, IMHO just tried too hard and it didn't really go for him tonight.

I was however very impressed with Shaun Densmore tonight. He waas all over the place trying to cover for colleagues and gave 100% all game but, more importantly, he was trying, all night, to encourage the youngsters and fringe players. It would have been easy, given his upcoming suspension, for him to have coasted through tonight yet he did nothing of the sort and nor did he get on any of the youngster's cases when what they tried didn't come off for them

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 12:10:24 AM »

I wonder if Neil Tolson said to the lads.

"Listen boys, there is a few out there who think you aren't good enough to step up to the plate, if you could just prove it beyond all doubt that would be brilliant"

I'm not bothered that we are out at all.   It was a mix and match of a team and it showed so I wasn't expecting free flowing football. However that was like a bad joke.

Full credit to Congleton though.  They were keen and seemed to have some decent players amongst their ranks, played some nice stuff and a couple had pace to burn.  There goals were all tidy finsihes as well, the third was superb!

In fact I'd have probable swopped at least four of theirs for four of ours at the end of the game.

Duncan did OK and tried his best, the rest were utter sh*t.

Couldn't agree more.

The only redeeming features of tonight's pitiful exercise were that Hall served his suspension and nobody in an Alty shirt appeared to incur an injury.

All that the game really reinforced were our underlying fears that our 'squad' simply contains no depth or quality in reserve whatsoever, a defect that Mister Sinnott must surely have to address anon.

Mitchley and Lacey were unremittingly woeful.

Ryan Brooke probably gave one of the worst displays in an Altrincham FC shirt that it has been my misfortune to witness in numerous years.

Fair play to Congleton Town, who fully warranted their victory.... but that was truly embarrassing stuff to endure at times from an Alty perspective.

And the ridiculous booking for substitute Jake Moult at the start of the second half did not reflect well on the Alty management and could proceed to be rather costly.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:13:15 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 12:33:17 AM »

I was however very impressed with Shaun Densmore tonight. He waas all over the place trying to cover for colleagues and gave 100% all game but, more importantly, he was trying, all night, to encourage the youngsters and fringe players. It would have been easy, given his upcoming suspension, for him to have coasted through tonight yet he did nothing of the sort and nor did he get on any of the youngster's cases when what they tried didn't come off for them

Sorry, Phil, but I simply cannot agree with you there.

Whilst his levels of encouragement might have been up to scratch his own peformance wasn't, as some Alty stalwarts remarked in the bar after the game.

Congleton Town seemed to enjoy plenty of success down our right flank all evening.

His standards have fallen, in my view.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tonight