PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Televised games
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Televised games  (Read 7382 times)

crossie

Re: Televised games
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »

Normally the bbc show 3 games over the FA Cup weekend. They normally have a game on Saturday at lunch, then on Sunday a Lunch Kick off and then one at 3pm. So i dont no why they have changed that this year.  They had Tamworth V's Norwich and Vics on the beeb last year, whats going on this season?
Its a joke Torquay getting the game surrly they will have made over half a milllion so far this season in tv coverage. I though Oxford got shown too many times last year but oviously wrong.
If we got a replay then they would put our game on the Box, but we dont want a replay we want to win fair and square at Moss Lane. 

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »

Firstly Yeovil (when non-league) did knock out one more league club out of the FA Cup than we have so far - but we are (therefore) the current leading non league club with victories over league sides (as a non league club)

Secondly Torquay - Yeovil is no more a local derby than Kendal v Altrincham was - its just theres not much going on down south west!

Jacko

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »

it really does'nt surprise me,in most of the fa cup articals written about the draw we were always 3rd or 4th mentioned which is strange ???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 10:02:25 AM »

Normally the bbc show 3 games over the FA Cup weekend. They normally have a game on Saturday at lunch, then on Sunday a Lunch Kick off and then one at 3pm. So i dont no why they have changed that this year.  They had Tamworth V's Norwich and Vics on the beeb last year, whats going on this season?
Its a joke Torquay getting the game surrly they will have made over half a milllion so far this season in tv coverage. I though Oxford got shown too many times last year but oviously wrong.
If we got a replay then they would put our game on the Box, but we dont want a replay we want to win fair and square at Moss Lane. 

To be honest I don't think they show 3 games for FA Cup 1st/2nd round weekends. They do for the 3rd like with Tamworth but irc last years first round the only game bbc showed was Chasetown v Oldham, think Sky may have shown more than one. Some games do take place at odd times, i.e. Sat midday, Sunday but aren't necessarilly on tv.

DarrenH

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 10:06:46 AM »

Maybe 10 years ago we would have been the tie of the round. In terms of getting people to watch, which is what it is all about a tie between the 4th bottom of the BSP and a struggling Nationwide team is hardly a crowd puller.
The Torquay game will be billed as a big west country derby between a rising former leage club and a "local" rival who are now in the football league.
Like I have said before I am sure the schedulers know what they are doing.
We should just get on with it and not miss what we never had i.e. television revenue.

malcolm

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »

Last year the BBC did 2 live games on the first two rounds, so there a reduction this year, maybe its because the BBC/Sky have lost the contract
to Setanta>itv. 

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 01:57:57 PM »

I have written to the BBc telling them they made a mistake by not picking Altrincham v Millwall and also to tell them i will not be watching Torquay.
Living in the South west torquay yeovil IS classes as a derby game yeovil suddenly became a team covered by both tv comanaies in devon and cornwall.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 02:01:18 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Televised games