PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics offer from THOR
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vics offer from THOR  (Read 9008 times)

bumble

Vics offer from THOR
« on: January 20, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »

Theyve realised a statement and these are the main points.......

Thor is willing to contribute towards the costs of ground share arrangements for the remainder of this season.

Thor is willing to contribute towards ground share costs for the 2012/2013 season.

Thor has no desire to demolish the legendary Danebank stand.

Thor recognises that the heartbeat of any football club is its supporters, therefore we would be delighted to donate both the Danebank and the floodlights to the club and its supporters in such a way that it protects the clubs longer term interests.

Thor is willing to discuss any other items associated with the stadium.

We hope that any talks that can be arranged can be conducted in a cordial and constructive manner for the benefit of Northwich Victoria Football Club and its supporters

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics offer from THOR
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »

Prolific Fatdog.  ;)

slow down kid

markecky

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »

I haven't read any Vics reaction to this but it isnt rather like a burglar robbing your house and setting fire to it and then lending you his mobile to ring the fire brigade?

Robin Reliant

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

I haven't read any Vics reaction to this but it isnt rather like a burglar robbing your house and setting fire to it and then lending you his mobile to ring the fire brigade?

Very good analogy  ;D ;D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »

Pmsl
@AltyDaz

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »

Isn't it more like not paying your mortgage and then the people who buy your house off the bank letting you keep the curtains and light-shades?

This seems like a very fair settlement (I know if you were a Vics fan you would be seething), this company don't have to do any of what they have suggested.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »

Isn't it more like not paying your mortgage and then the people who buy your house off the bank letting you keep the curtains and light-shades?

This seems like a very fair settlement (I know if you were a Vics fan you would be seething), this company don't have to do any of what they have suggested.

Agreed. Thor are doing little wrong here, they are buying something that was offered to them. In fairness, a lot of Vics fans are pointing the finger elsewhere.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 05:55:39 AM »

Why dont Thor just P*ss off to Germany and leave Northwich alone
Harold

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »

I know Vics have been our big rivals for ages and we have been to a degree entertained by watching the club being torn apart by a succession of idiots Connett/Rushe) but now, for me, that ends.

I feel massively sad for all Vics fans. They deserve our FULL support and anything Alty Fc and its fans can do to help the Vics should be done. I dont know yet what practically we can do, but I hope other Alty fans on here would agree and join me and others in helping Vics if we can.

Thor are just opportunists. There will be some way out for Vics but it seems the clockis now ticking for a solution tobe found to secure the clubs future.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 09:03:10 AM »

Why dont Thor just P*ss off to Germany and leave Northwich alone

It is in our interests to be playing Northwich, I genuinely hope they pull through and get something sorted.  Any genuine Alty fan will feel very sorry for the genuine Vics fans who turned up week in week out, particularly over the turbulent last few years.

Northwich sold the Drill Field to make way for a commercial venture.  Their plans for the new ground have had non-football, commercial schemes attached.  Thor are making the most of the opportunity.  The people to be annoyed at are the ones who allowed the opportunity to happen.

stalyvegas

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »

Would Altrincham fans be happy to let Vics borrow your ground to play matches on in the short term? while they get their ground sorted out where they will be playing long term. I don't think Witton Albion want them I think you're the next closest ground so that might be an option.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »

The relationship with United would probably be a stumbling block.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »

Would Altrincham fans be happy to let Vics borrow your ground to play matches on in the short term? while they get their ground sorted out where they will be playing long term. I don't think Witton Albion want them I think you're the next closest ground so that might be an option.

I'd be extremely wary of getting involved with any transaction concerning Jim Rushe, to be honest.

I wouldn't trust the man as far as Michael Twiss could kick him.

Any payment for using Moss Lane would have to be made in cash on the day of the actual fixture.

As AFC Telford United know, Mr Rushe's cheques don't always arrive on time.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »

A non returnable deposit and cash upfront would be benificial for us, as long as it didn't effect the united relationship.IF we could build up a decent amount of unbudgeted cash for next season (regardless of where we will be) then it can only be a good thing.As long as the volunteers at the club can/are willing to do it, or northwich can supply the correct personnel, the main stand, family stand and  morsoleum would be the only parts of the ground that would need to be open.Everything needed for an evostick league fixture is contained in That part of the ground, seats,standing,bar,snack bar,shop,toilets.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »

I feel very sorry for the genuine fans of the Vics.....however Thor have done nothing wrong and I think it is fair to say that most logical thinking Vics fans believe the same.

Connett's bankers are owed significant amounts of cash and repossessed 'his' ground (not the clubs). They have waited 3 years for mad Jim's money to buy it from them.....he was 95% there for ages.......they have now accepted another offer - probably lower - but someone who has the cash.

Jim has not give up; claiming that NVFC were never party to any tenancy agreement made by their landlord NV Developments..........funny that, both companies are solely controlled by himself
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:53:57 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics offer from THOR