PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sinnott  (Read 8329 times)

daleyjock

Re: Sinnott
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 11:20:40 AM »

I have previously posted about Sinnott but for me he is not the sort of manager we need. I don't like his tactics and he annoys me in the way he plays players out of position. Last home game when we won 4-1 we had clee on the wing hugging the line, as stated previously this is his position and it showed that day when he ripped the full back apart and created chances, however he goes back to playing Clee more central and carries on playing fat boy lazy Twiss, does not derseve his place and thats my opinion, we need centre mid sorting. Any update on Conners??? because thats the player we need !!!!  I know its early but we should be right up there as its a very very poor league in standard !!! If this continues then I would look at a new manager !!!

"Fatboy lazy twiss" scored and played well last week! Why would you drop him for the next away fixture?
totally agree cant make twiss scapegoat this time,hes been one of are best performers this season.
it is not twiss alone thats the problem but what game are you both watching? one of the main reasons why we are sliding down the pyramid is his lack of goals both last season and this. his stats are appaling.
you cannot argue with that

Eatmygoal

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »

I wanted the play offs at the start of the season now ill be happy with safety onwards and upwards

I agree! Play offs would be great, but staying away from the relegation zone would be even better.

fuertes

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 11:26:52 AM »

I agree! Play offs would be great, but staying away from the relegation zone would be even better.

???  :D :D :D

dopamine

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »

I have previously posted about Sinnott but for me he is not the sort of manager we need. I don't like his tactics and he annoys me in the way he plays players out of position. Last home game when we won 4-1 we had clee on the wing hugging the line, as stated previously this is his position and it showed that day when he ripped the full back apart and created chances, however he goes back to playing Clee more central and carries on playing fat boy lazy Twiss, does not derseve his place and thats my opinion, we need centre mid sorting. Any update on Conners??? because thats the player we need !!!!  I know its early but we should be right up there as its a very very poor league in standard !!! If this continues then I would look at a new manager !!!

"Fatboy lazy twiss" scored and played well last week! Why would you drop him for the next away fixture?
totally agree cant make twiss scapegoat this time,hes been one of are best performers this season.
it is not twiss alone thats the problem but what game are you both watching? one of the main reasons why we are sliding down the pyramid is his lack of goals both last season and this. his stats are appaling.
you cannot argue with that

This year:  9 apps, 3 goals.  Now there's no way i can defend his record last season, but that definitely isn't an appalling record this year (it's by no means spectacularly good either mind you...), especially considering the improvement in his all-round contribution to play which has accompanied it...

Jenga

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »

Simply we are not good enough.

That is not to say that we dont have good players though.

A combination of factors make us not good enough, what they are we will never truely know:-

Manager? Budget? Players? Subs Bench? Training Regieme? Injuries? Discipline?

None of us know what needs to be done apart from the officials at the club, whether what needs to be done can be done is another thing.

We all speculate too much on here, we dont know what the management is thinking.  Clee might have been played down the middle as the central defenders were seen as week and running at them might have caused problems, we just dont know whether it was right or wrong. Althought it would appear it didnt work.

As for Twiss why dont you all get off his back, he cant much more to turn fans around than he is.As for GH I was a big fan of his, but after so long he got worn down, like almost anyone would. Whilst I dont think he should come back we need to give the guy a break and put yourself in his shoes. What he had to/voluntarily did for the club was beyond the call of duty, it would wear anyone down.

Still it is all a good read on here, makes my lunch time pass quickly though.

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »

Twiss's 3 goals in 9 games equates to 14 over a full seson, and isn't too bad for effectively our second striker.

markecky

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »

This has been a weekend of detailed analysis from people who didn't go and didn't even have commentary.

Everyone around me (and me) on Saturday was disappointed that Twiss was taken off, he was the only one holding the ball up front  and trying to make things happen.  Wasn't world beating but was far from lazy.

Some other players must be delighted he soaks up most of the vitriol on here to deflect from their shortcomings.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:00:09 PM by markecky »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott