PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sinnott  (Read 8332 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Sinnott
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »

As I said a month ago, we will pick up a lot more points at home than we will do on the road. We break down teams a lot easier at home and don't suffer from a lack of concentration, which is causing so many problems when playing away from Moss Lane.

14 wins, 6 draw, 1 loss at home is not an unrealistic target.

that said i do expect us to struggle away from homes at time due to the nature of the games.

48 points at home, and 25 points away from home would probably give us enough to finish in the playoffs.
25 points away is a total dream on our present showing. Up to now we have just 2 points from 5 away fixtures (practically a quarter of a season!) and if we improve considerably, we'll be lucky to total 15.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »

How many times must we do the Heathcote thing?

Whether Sinnott turns out to be the right man or not, that fact was we were bottom with one point from eight games and with seven defeats out of eight having scored four goals.

I went to Gateshead for the final game of the eight and there was absolutely no way back from that.  And every Alty fan on that coach knew it.

However his fate was sealed with the "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" meeting where there was four chairs at the top table for the chairman. manager and others and he walked in removed them all and just left one for him.  When a manager can tell the chairman he is not sitting at the top table and it was "his meeting" then you have to worry about who holds the power.

A cringingly bad hour followed by my question of "can you give the younger fans any sort of reason to attend the KIdderminster game on Saturday" and the answer of "what do you want me to do, tell you a load of lies".

No talk of "we'll get it right", no optimism and he looked a beaten man.

We may be struggling but we are a world away from that situation.  

ALTYGAL

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 12:56:47 AM »

Hero to zero that's part of this fickle game we call football management! I know about the budget, the small squad, the injuries, the settling in period-but for me sadly I'm not a sinnott fan. :(

joe

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 01:30:16 AM »

I know Sinnott has only had ten games but what do people think? Did he get lucky at Farsley or unlucky at Port Vale and BPA? At the moment its looking like the former but can he turn it round?

mikealty

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 01:55:08 AM »

I know Sinnott has only had ten games but what do people think? Did he get lucky at Farsley or unlucky at Port Vale and BPA? At the moment its looking like the former but can he turn it round?
I know people are getting very impatient and all. But there are very few managers who are as experienced, proven and as successful as Lee at this level. Surely three promotiions in the same amount of seasons wasn't a fluke was it? I'm sure it'll all come good in the end, in April we'll be looking back at all this commotion from the  previous months and laughing while we sit in a comfortable 8th spot.

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 07:33:05 AM »

losing 2-0 to bottom of the table is disappointing and embarassing....from what i've seen the standard of this league is poor but everyone is much of a muchness and we are as likely to lose to bottom of the league as we are to win against top of the league.

hearing that clee being played down the middle is just baffling and worrying but we are not going to get consistency with injuries and suspensions to key players.....have we ever had a manager who didn't try and put a square peg in a round hole occasionally?...I am reminded of a time we played bottom of the table vauxhall motors away and the 'cote decided to play colin potts as lone striker and kept Marcus hallows on the bench...bringing gary talbot forward as striker to try and salvage a draw in the 2nd half....

I'm still behind Lee and can't understand why people can't see the difference between him having the bit between his teeth and the 'cote's sad decline of interest and ambition....as outlined expertly by Ecky

We are still waiting for our season to take off and hope Lee doesn't lose heart...one thing he must instill is discipline to avoid stupid suspensions..

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 07:37:12 AM »

I wanted the play offs at the start of the season now ill be happy with safety onwards and upwards
ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:21 AM »

When a manager is forced to put youth team players on the pitch in bloody september due to only having about 14 players,what do people expect?. Yesterday was the worst league result in the clubs history, but a couple of injuries and it was always going to happen.We need a proper sized squad before bemoaning the manager.

phantom_saint

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 09:53:39 AM »

I have previously posted about Sinnott but for me he is not the sort of manager we need. I don't like his tactics and he annoys me in the way he plays players out of position. Last home game when we won 4-1 we had clee on the wing hugging the line, as stated previously this is his position and it showed that day when he ripped the full back apart and created chances, however he goes back to playing Clee more central and carries on playing fat boy lazy Twiss, does not derseve his place and thats my opinion, we need centre mid sorting. Any update on Conners??? because thats the player we need !!!!  I know its early but we should be right up there as its a very very poor league in standard !!! If this continues then I would look at a new manager !!!

"Fatboy lazy twiss" scored and played well last week! Why would you drop him for the next away fixture?

altytony1

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »

I have previously posted about Sinnott but for me he is not the sort of manager we need. I don't like his tactics and he annoys me in the way he plays players out of position. Last home game when we won 4-1 we had clee on the wing hugging the line, as stated previously this is his position and it showed that day when he ripped the full back apart and created chances, however he goes back to playing Clee more central and carries on playing fat boy lazy Twiss, does not derseve his place and thats my opinion, we need centre mid sorting. Any update on Conners??? because thats the player we need !!!!  I know its early but we should be right up there as its a very very poor league in standard !!! If this continues then I would look at a new manager !!!

"Fatboy lazy twiss" scored and played well last week! Why would you drop him for the next away fixture?
totally agree cant make twiss scapegoat this time,hes been one of are best performers this season.

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »

100% for Lee. 100%.  we changed manager in mid season last yer and look what happened.

Lee is trying to do the right things, there is a confidence issue in the players & we need to learn to keep the ball when we have it.

Unshaken confidence in Lee.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 07:41:58 PM »

100% for Lee. 100%.  we changed manager in mid season last yer and look what happened.

Lee is trying to do the right things, there is a confidence issue in the players & we need to learn to keep the ball when we have it.

Unshaken confidence in Lee.
we didnt change the manager mid season last year however i am too behind Lee up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »

If we didn't change manager in mid-season last year, what the hell happened on the 14th September 2010?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »

Just put yourself in Sinnotts place.

Things going tits up on the pitch.

You turn round and look at the players available on the bench

You have 3 Youth team lads a goalie and a defender who isnt 100% fit after being out for a month with an injury, and a 37 year striker for use in a dire emergency.

You have to admit that "Options are limited" to say the least.

I doubt the Jock at Old Trafford would be able to change things around given the same circumstances.

I admit that playing people out of there normal position doesnt help, but what would you do.

Answers on a postcard to Mr L Sinnott c/o Altrincham Football club

I've said it once already this weekend - We need a min of 16 fit players with experience at this level week in week out

I am also a tad surprised that our budget cant run to that, yes I admit we dont get the visiting fans etc but as others have said already, we do charge the same prices as a BSP side, you have to have the bare minimum of a decent squad to compete in any league.

Rant Over

markecky

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »

I think that was the issue on Saturday to be honest.

It wasn't working up front so he did the only thing that he could do whioch was swop people around.

Nothing wrong with that but he should have swopped it back when it was clear that Clee had disappeared from the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott