PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sinnott  (Read 8330 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Sinnott
« on: September 17, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »

I have previously posted about Sinnott but for me he is not the sort of manager we need. I don't like his tactics and he annoys me in the way he plays players out of position. Last home game when we won 4-1 we had clee on the wing hugging the line, as stated previously this is his position and it showed that day when he ripped the full back apart and created chances, however he goes back to playing Clee more central and carries on playing fat boy lazy Twiss, does not derseve his place and thats my opinion, we need centre mid sorting. Any update on Conners??? because thats the player we need !!!!  I know its early but we should be right up there as its a very very poor league in standard !!! If this continues then I would look at a new manager !!!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sinnott
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »

JUST READ THE CONNERS POST !!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »

Imo too early and not for a gh return

Nonleaguer

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 05:18:57 PM »

Centre mid will be sorted when Danylyk returns from suspension, as many have stated after last week's game he played well as stand in captain and the team as a whole performed to their potential and were unfortunate not to keep a clean sheet. The side's balance last Saturday at home was perfect and though Lawton was missing in defence due to injury, the defence were more robust and dealt well with the opposition, unfortuanately Sinnott was unable to play an unchanged side and keep the momentum up.

The fact that we have suffered financially due to the drop shows how we are exposed when down to bare bones but once again I say stick with the manager who has proven success at this level. Rome after all wasn't built in a day! As for Twiss, his hold up play last week and his well taken goal were real positives that should not be scorned at.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 06:41:49 PM »

Common sense spoken at long last, lets not panic , and keep a perspective on things. Blowing hot and cold at present, but lets not forget what happened last week, and how many midfield players are out.

Why are you calling for Sinnott's head already, the squad is thin and down to bare bones at present, we have to review after every game but Lee has shown he is not afraid to make changes if the need arises.

He was a hero last week!!

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 06:55:19 PM »

Common sense spoken at long last, lets not panic , and keep a perspective on things. Blowing hot and cold at present, but lets not forget what happened last week, and how many midfield players are out.

Why are you calling for Sinnott's head already, the squad is thin and down to bare bones at present, we have to review after every game but Lee has shown he is not afraid to make changes if the need arises.

He was a hero last week!!

Yes

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »

The least said about todays match the better..    Dennis Birch did his level best again to carry out his PR Work with the fans  players and officials - I hope you folks on the fans coach had a quiet trip back to Alty  :D

That said,  I have an amount of sympathy for Lee Sinnott - We have a squad of 16 Players of which 4/5 are youth team lads - add to that the suspensions and injuries and basically the team picks itself. There is no plan B simply because we havent the squad to adopt a plan B.

We heard at the beginning of the season that we had one of the healthiest playing budgets in the league (top 10 I believe) -
To have success you need as a bare minimum 16 players on the books  who have experience  of playing at this level (no disrespect to the young lads) they do there best and fair do's to them for that.

We either need to ship some players out pretty sharpish and replace them with better ones or release funds to lee to strengthen the squad (numbers wise).. I am not a greal lover of keep getting short term loans in as they dont fix the problem it is more of a make do and mend

Personally I dont think that things are going to improve much if we have to carry on as things are at present it will be good one week not so good the next.

I feel we play far too narrow both in defence and up front hence everything goes down the middle especially when Nicky Clee plays central as he did today. The bloke is superb when playing wide but he is far less effective when central. Teams suss us out pretty quickly both home and away and there wingers have acres of space in which to start there attacks.

Finally I never have been a fan of everyone being back at set pieces/corners, we never have An Out ball to play and the ball just comes straight back..

Apart from that - Things are going swimmingly  ;)

See you at Colwyn Bay on Tues.......

joe

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »

Playing Clee central is just stupid!

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »

As I said a month ago, we will pick up a lot more points at home than we will do on the road. We break down teams a lot easier at home and don't suffer from a lack of concentration, which is causing so many problems when playing away from Moss Lane.

14 wins, 6 draw, 1 loss at home is not an unrealistic target.

that said i do expect us to struggle away from homes at time due to the nature of the games.

48 points at home, and 25 points away from home would probably give us enough to finish in the playoffs.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »

I know injuries and a suspension have kicked in today so the team picked its self, but to play Clee in the middle and Reeves on the wing is a bit bemusing to say the least.

Summerfate did okay and was the only non-negative on a complete shambolic display.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:24:13 PM by robininstockport »
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »

Imo too early and not for a gh return
did you think graham was not given enough time out of interst? I only ask as sinott has had more time already vs last season (and has no proven track  record unlike gh did)
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 08:46:26 PM »

And not forgetting we were part time in a full time leauge last year

joe

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 09:04:32 PM »

Whether Sinnot is the man for the job or not remains to be seen but whatever happens Heathcote has gone and is in the past so i wish people would stop harping on about him and look forward!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »

Whether Sinnot is the man for the job or not remains to be seen but whatever happens Heathcote has gone and is in the past so i wish people would stop harping on about him and look forward!
i hear you completley i am just trying to draw some parrallels here

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »

Also just so i am clear i am still behind Sinott it just sticks in my throat a little how short memoroes some people have in terms of how others were treated in a harder leauge
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott