News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done, boys

Author Topic: Well done, boys  (Read 2453 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Well done, boys
« on: October 20, 2022, 02:05:02 PM »

Nice touch by the club, and the two players involved, in particular...

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/thanks-alty-matty-and-isaac-made-our-day-say-sunrise

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done, boys
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 03:35:44 PM »

Are we pretending Gateshead didn't happen, John?

Nothing on the website (That I can see) regarding a) result b) report and c) any insights from management on another cup upset.
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 04:11:55 PM »

Nothing on the website (That I can see) regarding a) result b) report and c) any insights from management on another cup upset.

https://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sport/23060417.parkinson-apologises-fans-gateshead-replay-exit/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 04:14:05 PM »

Bored of moaning about the new site. The match centre still thinks sandbach was our last game!

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 04:58:51 PM »

Apparently the manager feels we did enough to win. That result says differently though, simply we scored 1 and Gateshead scored 2 this means that Gateshead did do enough to win and they are in the next round

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 06:02:51 PM »

I don't like the idea of him saying their will be repercussions in public. The last thing we need is a scapegoat. The first goal was a calamity granted. The second was Duncanesque and a perfectly timed run.

I'm not convinced we would have got anything against Stevenage apart from damaged confidence, So much to be gained from the Torquay game

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 09:49:55 PM »

Bored of moaning about the new site. The match centre still thinks sandbach was our last game!
full time and proud of it
Come on you red and white........

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 09:58:36 PM »

I agree the official site is pretty poor and slow with news, match reports, features etc etc. I still rely upon John Laidlaw..............However this story is about the work the club are doing in the community and in particular two injured players who have gone to visit some of the towns elderly residents..........one of whom was Stan Riley. Now I do not know Stan to talk to, but do know that he and his late wife attended most games home and away for many years and often attended functions and sponsor events. So well done in that respect to the club.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 10:25:25 PM »

I agree the official site is pretty poor and slow with news, match reports, features etc etc. I still rely upon John Laidlaw..............However this story is about the work the club are doing in the community and in particular two injured players who have gone to visit some of the towns elderly residents..........one of whom was Stan Riley. Now I do not know Stan to talk to, but do know that he and his late wife attended most games home and away for many years and often attended functions and sponsor events. So well done in that respect to the club.
the club does incredible things in the community time and time again it's fantastic. However we are a football club first and foremost you would expect with our full time ambitious approach now to be able to provide match updates on the site
Come on you red and white........

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2022, 10:45:19 PM »

Well done Isaac and Matty. You are both a credit to the club

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2022, 11:46:40 PM »

the club does incredible things in the community time and time again it's fantastic. However we are a football club first and foremost you would expect with our full time ambitious approach now to be able to provide match updates on the site
Agree......my opening statement makes the same point, but the initial post created by John Edwards IS about a club community activity. A complaint about the lack of a Gateshead match report is best done on its own thread
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 11:52:45 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2022, 07:17:35 AM »

It's very sad that we are getting distracted by non footballing matters

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »

This forum depresses me sometimes.

If people want to have a moan, go and have a moan on any of the other threads available to do so.

Well done to Isaac and Matty, it doesn't go unnoticed from those of us that know this stuff matters.

A real credit to the club.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done, boys