PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 weymouth is now must win
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: weymouth is now must win  (Read 4531 times)

gunners11

Re: weymouth is now must win
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 10:43:44 PM »

we should beat weymouth if we do not beat  juniors then we will be a laughing stock  i reckon on saturday this will be the score

altrincham 4- 0 danylyk 2  oneill 2 

good luck alty on saturday

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »

Saturday IS a must win game and I agree if we cant beat a team of Youth players at home we have a major problem.
Barrow, Ebbsfleet and FGR all still have to play Weymouth and will all win.
If we play like we did last Saturday at Grays we wont beat Grays, FGR or even Lewes. Last Saturday Grays must have thought it was Christmas come late.
I think we will beat Weymouth 2-0 like York did. Weymouth also have one of their better players suspended. However they have played better in the past 3 games and lost to Salisbury due to playing half the game with 10 mem.
We need a 4 point cushion between us and Weymouth although their plight does not look good at all. As crap as Woking and Grays are they will both pick up the odd wins before the season ends.
I am still keeping my fingers crossed that Vics dont go belly up before the season ends as a 6 point deduction will put us really in it.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 10:53:36 AM »

Well, I don't wish to sound negative (even with a nasty case of creeping Meldrew to contend with), but I think we take this game lightly at our peril. Sure, we should have enough to beat the Muff (Finbarr where are ya?), BUT it was only in their first game with the youth team that they got tanked. They have acquitted themselves reasonably well in the last few games and indeed it is not simply youth players anymore. Combine this with our lack of success in front of goal and you have the makings of a real arse cruncher.

It goes without saying that we need to go at them from the very off and I personally would be more than happy with a 1-0 victory.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:57:26 AM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »

Sure, we should have enough to beat the Muff (Finbarr where are ya?),

Fnakk, fnakk!

Good old Mr Gimlet! :)
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »

We are not toothless upfront, but the lads need a bit of luck. i.E when they cleared off the line.

When we hit the bar it usually bounces to safety, but they scored.

Two things here:

1. 34 goals in 35 league games is very poor.

2. Hitting the bar and missing is no more bad luck than hitting the corner flag with a shot. A miss is a miss. "Luck" is completely irrelevant.

Incidentally, going off on something of a complete tangent here, one of my pet hates is people who say that hitting the bar or post is a shot on target.

If the ball hits the post and goes in it is a shot on target.

If the ball hits the post and rebounds out it is a shot off target.

You would be surprised how difficult that is for some simpletons to understand.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 12:34:39 PM »

So if a shot hits the post and goes across the goal that is on target and a shot that goes in off the bar was off target but then on target. A shot that hits both posts and bar must be on target off target on target off target shot. OMG I am getting confused all over again !!!

I think i will stick to stoppers and PV, those are much easier for simpletons to understand  ;D

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »

a few weeks ago i was hoping this game would be a 4 or 5 nil home win and help the goal difference,but with us not being able to hit the back of the net that often,will settle for a nail biting 1-0
Harold
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 weymouth is now must win