PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 weymouth is now must win
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: weymouth is now must win  (Read 4530 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
weymouth is now must win
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »

nothing less will do

Jenga

Re: weymouth is now must win
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:25 PM »

Play like we did tongiht and we stand every chance of win.

joe

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

Played quite well again tonight but we're toothless up front!  I don't think Weymouth will be the walkover most people are thinking but it's a match we really need to win after 4 defeats on the bounce,especially with a couple of teams below us winning tonight.

Reading Robin

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »

Hmmn, not really a must win at all.  I hate the phrase, it is used far too often, but this is incredibly over dramatic.  If we lose we aren't relegated, it just makes us slightly more likely to get pulled into the relegation fight.   

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »

Hmmn, not really a must win at all.  I hate the phrase, it is used far too often, but this is incredibly over dramatic.  If we lose we aren't relegated, it just makes us slightly more likely to get pulled into the relegation fight.   

weymouth are the worst side in the league at present if we can beat them it doesnt bode well for tougher games.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »

We are not toothless upfront, but the lads need a bit of luck. i.E when they cleared off the line.

When we hit the bar it usually bounces to safety, but they scored.

Reading Robin

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:44:58 PM »

Sure, it will be a hit to confidence to lose.  However, 'must win' suggests we don't have a hope if we can't win it, which is clearly far from the truth. 

joe

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:14 PM »

We are not toothless upfront, but the lads need a bit of luck. i.E when they cleared off the line.

We ARE toothless upfront,simple as. We've struggled to score goals all season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »

Two things here:

1. 34 goals in 35 league games is very poor.

2. Hitting the bar and missing is no more bad luck than hitting the corner flag with a shot. A miss is a miss. "Luck" is completely irrelevant.
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 11:14:59 PM »

Saturday is a "must win" whether we are playing Weymouth or anyone else in the league - the opposition makes no difference. It is absolutely imperative that we win again at the earliest opportunity and halt this abysmal run of results.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »

We WILL win on Saturday. However, it's not a 'must win' game, there are plenty of games to go to get half a dozen points.

Cheer up everybody - if you'd have been given this position at the start of the season, you'd have ripped their hand off wouldn't you?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 02:38:38 PM »

We WILL win on Saturday. However, it's not a 'must win' game, there are plenty of games to go to get half a dozen points.

Cheer up everybody - if you'd have been given this position at the start of the season, you'd have ripped their hand off wouldn't you?

My thoughts exactly. If we win on Saturday then we'll need only a couple more wins to be sure of safety. Amongst the games in our run-in are Grays at home, Forest Green at home and Lewes away. We'll be okay.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »

While i agree its a must win game,i will say from the point of view if we dont win against Weymouth with their troubles,then i think we are in trouble.It would be nice to get our forwards to acually score.Is GH recalling Denham from loan seeing as Chris Senior is our for the rest of the season?
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »

While i agree its a must win game,i will say from the point of view if we dont win against Weymouth with their troubles,then i think we are in trouble.It would be nice to get our forwards to acually score.Is GH recalling Denham from loan seeing as Chris Senior is our for the rest of the season?

It's been said elsewhere that this is impossible until the 28 days is up. I don't know whether that's the case though
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »

It's been said elsewhere that this is impossible until the 28 days is up. I don't know whether that's the case though

That has been confirmed now maybe we need to get banim back if we can
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 weymouth is now must win