PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth latest....
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Weymouth latest....  (Read 8012 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth latest....
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 07:24:29 PM »

Suppose Weymouth's gamble had paid off more and the unsustainable sums they were spending had been rewarded more on the pitch.  Those Weymouth fans would no doubt have been basking in the glory.  This is the downside when it all goes wrong and, cruel as this might be, as a fan you have to live with it.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 07:32:05 PM »

York Alty

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »

Kiddy fans let themselves donw badly on that day.  I too have yet to forgive or forget.  Was mighty pleased to see them relegated.  ha ha ha.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2009, 11:28:19 PM »

http://terras-talk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6238

Some show humility & integrity on here. It would be easy to slag off another team's manager saying derogatory (but true) things about your club, but some agree with GH's programme comments.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 11:07:30 AM »

http://terras-talk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6238

Some show humility & integrity on here. It would be easy to slag off another team's manager saying derogatory (but true) things about your club, but some agree with GH's programme comments.

And surely therein lies the rub. There are decent fans who are fully aware of the reality of the situation (as there are at any club) and there are those who are little more than idiots, but how is this any different to any other club? I freely admit I lost my rag with those kiddy fans on that fateful day, but I wouldn't dream of tarnishing them all with the same brush.

This is football that we follow and not crown green bloody bowling and sections of fans will ALWAYS chant at the misfortune of other clubs. It is the very nature of the beast. Sure, it would be great if we all respected each other and were mindful of the feelings of opposition fans in 'pain', but that is some form of mystical utopia that will NEVER happen. It is not only local rivals that scoff at the downfall of each other and why should it be? Dooes geographical closeness make it more acceptable?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth latest....