News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth ...

Author Topic: Weymouth ...  (Read 2157 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Weymouth ...
« on: January 18, 2007, 11:36:12 AM »

and they didn't see this coming ?

Two-and-a-half million pounds has been put into the football club to achieve a certain amount of success and ongoing it was costing around £100,000 a month. It is impossible to carry that on

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth ...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 04:45:16 PM »

yes they did, mainly because after just three months in charge they had racked up 300,000 extra debt on top of the previous debt.

i'm a big fan of ridley and how he likes a club to be run which is, essentially, how we run currently. basically within our means, looks like he could be going back to weymouth which is a shame, as i would have liked to see him here. would be the perfect replacement for geoff

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »

I am not asking the club for the money back, I am not asking for the redevelopment of the ground for my benefit, I am not asking for anything apart from support and to get through the situation we are in... The money I have put in is what I could afford to put in and I can't put it in anymore. It was a huge sum of money and I think we have gained something from it by winning the league last year. But I also know from the fans' point of view that it has not been very good because it has also destabilised the club. It is something I expected but I have not been clever enough to deal-with. The business is doing fine and what I have been doing is taking my profits out at the end of the year and utilising them on the football club. I have a business that employs 350 people and that needs to be nice and safe, and secure as well. I do not have a problem with the bank... At the end of the interview Harrison also revealed what the club's player budget was before the recent departures. He said: 'It was not £25,000 a week like some people have been saying. The player budget was £690,000 a year'".

unless my computer calculator is very much mistaken thats 13269.23 a week. which in anybodys money is still quite alot.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 10:29:28 PM »

Or to put it another way a squad of say 18 with a few non contract/youth players on top would each be on an average of 730 quid a week. Well done then to St Albans for running them so close last year. Economics of the madhouse at our level.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth ...