PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message from the club re:£5 offer on saturday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Message from the club re:£5 offer on saturday  (Read 4661 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:25 AM »

Can as many of us supporters as possible please spread the word on as many united/city and football league club forums as possible that they can get in for a fiver on saturday on production of their season ticket,the 515 kick off,big game,and lack of local action may appeal to a lot of people so please do your bit and post on as many forums as your can spreading the word, many thanks

andrewflynn

Re: Message from the club re:£5 offer on saturday
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:57 AM »

If this game was made U-16s go free I seriously think I could get about 150-200 added on to the attendance.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »

All good suggestions, but I think we should also be looking at the basics like replacing the Newport match posters outside the ground.
The casual fan passing by won't realise that there is a game on Saturday.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:29:35 PM »

Great idea but let kids in for free.

Surely we've got to look to the future and not just Saturday. Some of these kids could actually come back. The Utd & City season ticket holders wont.

We're missing out on potentially a massive opportunity.

Imagine if you were a kid at this game. You could witness the best atmosphere at Moss Lane for a long time, in the sun, and see Alty play good football (they wont realise that Eastbourne are not the normal standard of opposition we play against).

If we win and stay up then 20 of em might come back and become long term fans.

Its a no brainer in my opinion

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »

Give me the word and I'll do my best to advertise it in my school and over the Internet..

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:34:30 PM »

Give me the word and I'll do my best to advertise it in my school and over the Internet..

Here's hoping someone at the club sees it as a good idea.

Short term loss for long term gain I think.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »

Agreed.

The season ticket offer is now on ManUtdTalk.com

Longman

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

Ive put it as my facebook status

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »

Whilst a great offer, why would United and Coty Season ticket holders want to make an effort to come and see a match at tea time? Very few will take this offer on.

Free to U16 is surely a good way to bring in masses of people albeit the club wont get the income, but if those U16 sing and shout and it gives us the win then the income will come hopefully from another season in the BSP rather than BSN other results dependent.

I would offer the £5 to any other clubs season ticket holders as well not just United and City, Stockport, Bury, Wigan, etc etc, plus those in lower leagues.

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »

Whilst a great offer, why would United and Coty Season ticket holders want to make an effort to come and see a match at tea time? Very few will take this offer on.

Free to U16 is surely a good way to bring in masses of people albeit the club wont get the income, but if those U16 sing and shout and it gives us the win then the income will come hopefully from another season in the BSP rather than BSN other results dependent.

I would offer the £5 to any other clubs season ticket holders as well not just United and City, Stockport, Bury, Wigan, etc etc, plus those in lower leagues.

I thought that was exactly what we were doing?

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 02:56:44 PM »

Are these other clubs maybe playing on Saturday?

We don't don't want to be trying to poach fans (not that we would) and it would be poor form to include them if they are.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 03:04:47 PM »

Are these other clubs maybe playing on Saturday?

We don't don't want to be trying to poach fans (not that we would) and it would be poor form to include them if they are.

Yeah, they're playing at 3pm.

Why would we not want to poach other club's fans?

We are a business afterall.

Do you not try and nick competitor's business during your 9-5 job?

I certainly do as if I didnt I wouldn't have a job.

Either Alty FC is a business or it isn't.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »

I've no idea if that is or isnt the reason why its City and United or if its all the clubs or not.

I wouldn't be happy if yesterday Trafford were trying to stop people going to Grimsby by directly targetting them with cheap tickets to watch them instead.

The whole point of the offer is "your club's not playing..come and see ours and you might enjoy it and come to see us again the next time your club isn't playing"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:13:17 PM by markecky »

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »

Don't have to do any active poaching, merely let them know the offer is there and if they want to attend then they are obviously more than welcome.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »

I've no idea if that is or isnt the reason why its City and United or if its all the clubs or not.

I wouldn't be happy if yesterday Trafford were trying to stop people going to Grimsby by directly targetting them with cheap tickets to watch them instead.

The whole point of the offer is "your club;s not playing..come and see ours and you might enjoy and come to see us again the next time your club isnt playing"

Precisely, do you think United would want to give us the lucrative contract of holding their reserve fixtures at ML each season if we actively pursued their fans (successfully or not) when the team is at home?!

These types of offers are perfect for fans of MU and MC on a Bank Hol weekend after spending a fortune entertaining the kids over Easter with day trips etc.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team