PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is Outrageous!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: This is Outrageous!  (Read 5286 times)

markecky

This is Outrageous!
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:06:05 PM »

http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/cardboard.mpl?action=View+Thread&thread=39047

Fair play to the Woking fans who have  stuck up for us  but I cannot believe that.

Our team coach gets bricked, we have been taunted all half and not reacted and we get blamed for all games being segregated?

The club should demand an official apology.  This is an official post by their club...disgusting.

Alty365

Re: This is Outrageous!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »

I think the fact that this never got mentioned until now speaks volumes. The Woking fans never mentioned any trouble or had any problems with us on the day. It was all down to one tiny incident where some idiot walked out from amongst the home fans and hurled a load of abuse in our direction. It basically got ignored bar one or two people inviting him to voice his opinion face-to-face and within seconds we had scored and it was forgotten about.

I agree with Ecky, we should be pushing them for a full apology because the Alty fans and all except one or two of the Woking fans were as good as gold.

I should also point out that the Alty fans spent quite a considerable amount of money in their bar that afternoon and for them to insult us in this way is quite astonishing.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »

This is on the frontpage of their website, tarnishing our name.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/

I have never been to Woking and not got some abuse but it is to be expected if they don't segregate,  but there has never been a hint of actual trouble.

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »

Unsavoury behaviour?

Whatever next....swearing???

The comments from the Woking fans are great, good on em. Woking as a club seems to be going from one hiatus to the next.

One thing we don't want is every local gang of tw*ts turning up to alty away games thinking the 'Alty Unsavouries' will be there looking for aggro.

Totally ridiculous!

markecky

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »

We'd do well to win a fight between us....that was my point as well mate.

Its very damaging and something must be done.

The club are now aware.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »

Just spoken to a very nice lady at Woking who seems as shocked about this statement as us. 

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »

I have spoken to Peter Jordan himself and he is going to look into the matter further with the club safety officer at their home game tomorrow. He is under the impression that an Altrincham supporter was ejected from the ground, which I believe to be completely untrue.

He assured me he would contact me on Sunday to report his findings to me.

I am so bemused by the whole thing...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:53:37 PM by Alty365 »

thegazelle

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:30 PM »

No alty fans were ejected, unless it was afteer the game finished

just before half time two lads came out of the woking fans and walked in front of the alty fans doing wanker signs.

in the bar at half time in a light hearted way i asked the lads if they fancied calling me a wanker to my face (they declined)and pointed out we were winning it was all very jovial as far as i was concerned ( possible the forum boss witnessed said discussion)

nothing happened after that other than they gave me a nice rendition of who ate all the pies. great time had in the bar with their fans and players mind you geordie steve did try to get off with one of the players sisters perhaps that is the nasty incident to which they refer

Longman

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »

No alty fans were ejected, unless it was afteer the game finished

just before half time two lads came out of the woking fans and walked in front of the alty fans doing wanker signs.

in the bar at half time in a light hearted way i asked the lads if they fancied calling me a wanker to my face (they declined)and pointed out we were winning it was all very jovial as far as i was concerned ( possible the forum boss witnessed said discussion)

nothing happened after that other than they gave me a nice rendition of who ate all the pies. great time had in the bar with their fans and players mind you geordie steve did try to get off with one of the players sisters perhaps that is the nasty incident to which they refer

Do you think it was Fake tan man and Mr Football Factory who bricked the Alty coach?  None of the other Woking fans seemed as het up in order to perpetrate it!?

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »

I wouldn't want to speculate about the perpetrator of the damage to the team coach and unfortunately we will probably never know who did it. However, for Woking to put a statement on the front page of their official website, citing bad behaviour on the part of Altrincham fans as a reason for future segregation of matches is an absolute disgrace. It just wasn't like that at all.

Longman

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 03:37:26 PM »

I wouldn't want to speculate about the perpetrator of the damage to the team coach and unfortunately we will probably never know who did it. However, for Woking to put a statement on the front page of their official website, citing bad behaviour on the part of Altrincham fans as a reason for future segregation of matches is an absolute disgrace. It just wasn't like that at all.

Very true, we behaved very well, especially considering the two muppets who were trying to incite us!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »

Didn't go to Woking but from reading that thread it appears the club are trying to 'use' Altrincham as an excuse to segregate games...

As above most of them aren't having any of it and quite rightly point out nothing 'unsavoury' happened bar a little bit of banter and some of their own 'cocks' giving it large...

Dear o Dear...

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 04:13:14 PM »

Interesting. To be taunted and then 'bumped into' whilst walking round at half time and we are the ones causing "Trouble" ....

V annoyed at that when things could have been worse if Alty fans had reacted differently.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »

Does this mean that we wont be allowed to drink in their club bar in future as it is inside the ground and would be difficult to arrange segregation allowing access ?
That is in the unlikely event of Woking staying up this season

RocketDan

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is Outrageous!