PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is not an Alty team !!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: This is not an Alty team !!!  (Read 5412 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 01, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »

I am hating watching Alty this season, no passion or heart in the majority of our performances. Yeah we are not in the bottom half but the league is a very poor poor standard, I expected us to be right up there. We were terrible today, we should be battering teams like Witton, complete joke!!!We need players like we had last time we were in this league last time. The likes of Eddie, Val, Talbot, Mad dog in fact that entire team. They played through injuries, they gave 100%, they battled hard, I clearly remember most second halfs coming out and playing like f**king soldiers. They use to destroy most teams physically and mentality. We come out second half today like f**king a bunch of tarts. We had more possession but we never really threatened. The set pieces today were the worst I have seen at ANY standard, not one caused any concern, under hit, over hit, we had bloody loads too. Everyone was sh*te today apart from Reeves and I do not know how many more times I have to say this but Nicky Clee on the right or central will be ineffective, the odd game he may get away with it but he had a terrible game toda. Sinnott needs to play him on the left side, beating players on the outside. As previously stated wing play in the middle of the park does not work at any level, sh*t tactics yet again by a manager who is beginning to bore me. Need a more physical player in centre mid, a player like Connors, we need a strong forward, I will accept Twiss can hold the ball up but it’s in very drib and drabs, not good enough for someone picking up a good wage, does he really go home happy after each game? Maybe this post is in the heat of the moment but I would offer more than him up front even in my beer belly state. For me he does not give enough and you will see Reeves covering more ground to compensate Twiss. On that note he had a better second half but he doesn’t threaten enough and its goals we need. Just try Reeves and Astley  for a game, no harm in mixing it up because this team isn’t good enough !!!! Fuming !!! 

Jezza

Re: This is not an Alty team !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »

Excellent post...sadly I cannot take it seriously because I believe it is your first post since your 'Sinnot' post since which you have been very quiet through our good performances so it all feels a tiny bit unblanaced.

all everyone has to say really is it's yet another cup disappointment against a team who wanted it more and we could go on forever about former soldiers..the kings, the bomber harris's etc etc we have what we have and those 11 players should have been good enough.

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 05:42:43 PM »

we can.t just keep blaming twiss though. There are too many players who find ir difficult to perform 2 or 3 games running, which is why I still think we.ll beat stalybridge. Something is wrong if you lose at the bottom club, then win 6 1 and 2 0 v good teams only to lose to a club way below you in the pyramid. God knows what the answer is, but clearly there are players not up for the fight. I didn.t go today, but well done to witton, a club I really like, I hope they go on to get united.

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 05:54:05 PM »

What came across in the commentary today was a lack of any sort of counter plan. Don't forget that Witton came to play a certain way - hence the yellow cards - and succeeded. They seemed to have done their homework and put their plan into place to perfection, but Alty had Plan A, which they executed poorly, and had no plan B. Do you put that down to the manager or the players? Or were they just expecting to win by going onto the prk and were unable to find a 2nd gear

Robin Reliant

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 05:54:18 PM »

Excellent post...sadly I cannot take it seriously because I believe it is your first post since your 'Sinnot' post since which you have been very quiet through our good performances so it all feels a tiny bit unblanaced.

all everyone has to say really is it's yet another cup disappointment against a team who wanted it more and we could go on forever about former soldiers..the kings, the bomber harris's etc etc we have what we have and those 11 players should have been good enough.

Sadly Seconded

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »

Alty have form for this sort of thing. Anyone remember Mossley? Wasn't that under a manager that preferred the passing game?

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »

Alty have form for this sort of thing. Anyone remember Mossley? Wasn't that under a manager that preferred the passing game?

Remember that well, the only decent thing from that game was Danny Murphy!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »

Very disappointed today but their goal followed a typical Clee advance when instead of playing a simple ball he decided to take on that extra player, ball lost, punted upfield and our defender completely made a hash of an attempted headed clearance. We need to realise once in a while that you have to pass to a team mate to gain the advantage. Reeves was also out of sorts with his normal good first touch alluding him on many an occasion.

That said the whole team appeared "tired" and did not seem as if they would be capable of upping the ante when needed.
Coburn was a spectator for the whole game and yet we were "mugged" twice.

Simply a bad day at the office, loss of £4500 and need to regroup and get our heads up for next week. Whilst we have been good in the past few games were were found wanting today and to be beaten by a team so many levels below us adds to the embarrassement.

seasonticket

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »

Don't know what the gate was today, but I can imagine the players coming out and seeing a relatively small crowd with the Witton fans making as much noise as ours.
They probably though if our fans can't be bothered turning up why should we.
To say I am dissapointed is a huge understatement. I am totally pi**ed off.

joe

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 07:57:46 PM »

Don't know what the gate was today, but I can imagine the players coming out and seeing a relatively small crowd with the Witton fans making as much noise as ours.

But we don't get paid for turning up....

markecky

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »

This was nowt to do with it mate, we still had 500 there and they gave us nothing to sing about.

It became almost inevitable when we had a corner or free kick it would be wasted.

Densmore 10 yard free kick to the Witton players feet was the worst free kick since Warren peytons away at Stevenage when Mr Heathcote spend the whole game "bantering" with Stevenage fans behind him when we were getting panned.  

Today they didnt really care about anyone I'd say.

Don't worry lads, the money will be there in full in the envelopes on Thursday as usual.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 09:03:06 PM »

Supporters pay to be entertained aswell as support the club. People saying the reason we lost is due to the crowd is way off the Mark. I was speaking to one fan today, he'd had a disagreement with the wife as she said he should have taken the kids to the beach rather than spend £50 travelling to and paying to get in to moss lane.And you can't argue with that, so the supporters are nothing to do with it. The numbers that still turn up to watch this lot after continual disappointment are phenomenal especially away from home.So let's focus  on the problem.I was also astounded to see what I can only assume is a relative of a player have a go at two long time home and away supporters that chose to voice an opinion when the players were coming off, and to say "try supporting them for a change" considering the hours and miles these two have put in down the years was both misguided and well out if order.As keeps being repeated, they aren't playing as a favour, anyone who doesn't like a small bit of disquiet amongst the masses of encouragement  they recieve most weeks can go

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »

Supporters pay to be entertained aswell as support the club. People saying the reason we lost is due to the crowd is way off the Mark. I was speaking to one fan today, he'd had a disagreement with the wife as she said he should have taken the kids to the beach rather than spend £50 travelling to and paying to get in to moss lane.And you can't argue with that, so the supporters are nothing to do with it. The numbers that still turn up to watch this lot after continual disappointment are phenomenal especially away from home.So let's focus  on the problem.I was also astounded to see what I can only assume is a relative of a player have a go at two long time home and away supporters that chose to voice an opinion when the players were coming off, and to say "try supporting them for a change" considering the hours and miles these two have put in down the years was both misguided and well out if order.As keeps being repeated, they aren't playing as a favour, anyone who doesn't like a small bit of disquiet amongst the masses of encouragement  they recieve most weeks can go

Its really interesting you say this i was meant to go to a party with my daughter today but choose Alty at £12 quid instead- i should have pleased the family instead
ParkINson's red and white army

joe

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 09:12:18 PM »

Another post that's pretty much spot on!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »

Thirded,

£50 petrol
£65 hotel
£12 entry
5 1/2 hours on the motorway to get here

No medals required, just royally pissed off, again.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team