General Category > Altrincham FC First Team

Val Owen

(1/4) > >>

rushden fan:
Something from our website www.rdfcnet-forum.co.uk about Val Owen, a statemant from one of our supporters that I and everyone else at the game happen to agree with.

"What a talentless thug this guy was. No skill whatsoever, he just seemed to go around clattering opponents and sticking his foot in."

"I thought he was trying to set a record for being the first player to be sent off twice at the same away ground in a season"

Why dont some of you register on the forum. There is always good banter.

conf2006:
bit harsh but hes nearly 36 and been a good player , think we need to try hussin or bushell instead of val

Diamond Fan:
Living in Ireland I wasn't at the game, but he does tend to sound a lot like our ex-player Drewe Broughton.
Drewe was a ''typical non league player''. Big, strong, tough...and a little stupid on some occasions (to the tune of 8 red cards....)

However, at one of my rare appearences at Nene Park, he was easily my favorite player. He was determined, and got stuck  in. During a bad run, he was a bright spark, at least for me. I dont no Val, but if he is anything like Drewe, then I'm sure he's a great player. Some people find the traditional robust style of playing intimidating.... but its what clubs at our level need!

However, if Val is just a dirty player then I'm sure rdfcnets opinion of him is right! ;)

moousee:
nothing 'dirty' about him, there was no intent. He can just be clumsy with the challenges.

Diamond Fan:
Well then I'm sure its just typical ''anti-other team'' mentality on our board.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version