General Category > Altrincham FC First Team

Crowds

(1/8) > >>

b23:
What is this big obsession from Parky about wanting/needing crowds of over 2500? I understand the financial benefits but surely the increase in crowd numbers over recent years has been excellent. There must be a limit on what we can expect to get in on a match by match basis. I really hope we get more regular attendees and not just for big games etc. Every club has a core support and ours has not been this high for ages. The football deserves big crowds so lets hope and they stay around for years to come

swindellsworth:
Current average is 2,201, with further increase and Oldham still to come we may be closing in on 2.5 very soon .

GolfRoader:

--- Quote from: b23 on February 16, 2024, 04:12:32 PM ---What is this big obsession from Parky about wanting/needing crowds of over 2500? I understand the financial benefits but surely the increase in crowd numbers over recent years has been excellent. There must be a limit on what we can expect to get in on a match by match basis. I really hope we get more regular attendees and not just for big games etc. Every club has a core support and ours has not been this high for ages. The football deserves big crowds so lets hope and they stay around for years to come

--- End quote ---

What do you mean? Crowds are everything, especially at our level. He acknowledges the amazing rise in crowds but wants to push for more. We've got to keep pushing forward and I think that's what he's trying to get across, especially if we want to be a competitive football league club. This is already a special season, let's get as many people from around the town and area to see it. We might even retain some who become regular supporters.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan:
I think continuous improvement is in Phil Parkinson's DNA, so it doesn't surprise me that he sees opportunities to improve every aspect of the club. The next two months could potentially be the biggest in our history, so it's quite understandable that he's looking to galvanise everybody.

Amsterdam Alty:
If the town isn't capable of drawing 3.5k crowds with it's catchment area I'd be surprised honestly.

We're only just now really managing to raise town center awareness and better facilities would certainly draw in those expecting a more premier league feel to ameneties etc.

2.5k I think is realistic while the product is as good as it is and the ground is what it is. The advantages of bigger crowds are obviously more money in the bank for Alex Newby types when we already have Olly Crankshaw on the books out of action.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version