PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Chesterfield Match Thread..  (Read 8636 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 21, 2022, 09:11:51 AM »

Good opportunity to bounce back, it won't be easy. I know Brian in the match report stated there would be changes to the line-up, so will be interesting to see what Parky does.. Personally I think they need to redeem themselves, and see little change coming. Interested to see how we perform.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield Match Thread..
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 10:00:01 AM »

Is Jordan Hulme OK to play after coming off on Saturday? I hope so.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 10:05:11 AM »

I think it's our best eleven and we should stick with it unless there are injuries. Coming through a bit of adversity together and getting a positive response would be good for team togetherness too.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 10:32:12 AM »

We went very flat after the two quick goals. We're as fit a squad as we have ever been, I want to see us come back with a positive mentality from the start.

The only change may be in goal if Tony isn't fully ready.I

Come on you beauties.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 11:27:00 AM »

There's definitely a strong argument for keeping the side together and not over-reacting to the first adverse result for a while.

Having said that, some current fringe players like Josh Hancock could also do with some minutes.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 12:34:24 PM »

There's definitely a strong argument for keeping the side together and not over-reacting to the first adverse result for a while.

Having said that, some current fringe players like Josh Hancock could also do with some minutes.

Just listened to Parky's interview, he wasn't happy. Said there will be changes and sounds like Eddie Jones will be away on international duty, so White will be in. Other than that will be interested to see the team we put out.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 02:33:24 PM »

Just listened to Parky's interview, he wasn't happy. Said there will be changes and sounds like Eddie Jones will be away on international duty, so White will be in. Other than that will be interested to see the team we put out.

That in itself is a little bit concerning for me - I thought over-tinkering probably ended up prolonging our poor form over the winter.

Kozzy's shot sails in and we could be talking about a very different outcome - the team is still new with each other and there will be bad days at the office.

Let's hope to dear God he doesn't end up over-respecting them tomorrow night, just like the Stockport debacle - thankfully Digie can't be involved.

We've got to play to our strengths.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 02:53:22 PM »

That in itself is a little bit concerning for me - I thought over-tinkering probably ended up prolonging our poor form over the winter.

Kozzy's shot sails in and we could be talking about a very different outcome - the team is still new with each other and there will be bad days at the office.

Let's hope to dear God he doesn't end up over-respecting them tomorrow night, just like the Stockport debacle - thankfully Digie can't be involved.

We've got to play to our strengths.

Yes. After our recent strong displays to banish any lingering relegation fears we were probably due an off day & we got that at Southend. I don’t see the need for wholesale changes but with 3 games in a week & the 450 mile round trip on the weekend it’s inevitable 1 or 2 might come in. Fond memories of Hancocks superb late BCD winner vs them at Moss Lane last season so he could be a candidate. Will be interesting to see our level vs a top team as well, County & Wrexham basically strolled past us here at Xmas without breaking sweat, hopefully we will make Chessy work a lot more. Whilst we got a fine point too at their place, our starting XI tomorrow will bear very little resemblance to that team so can’t look into that too much & I recall they were in the midst of an injury crisis at the time too.

Very hopeful too we might break the 2k gate barrier tomorrow, reckon they’ll bring about 800 so just depends if we can get a solid midweek turnout. Lots of focus on Aldershot being NL day & the lottery tickets offer so hopefully are more casual fans don’t forget we’ve got a game tomorrow first!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 08:55:44 PM »

No idea what changes there will be, but it will be a tough game. Hoping for a 2K plus crowd and a decent showing.

Alty 1-1 Chesterfield (Mooney)
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 10:22:51 PM »

I'd rip your arm off for a draw vs Chesterfield then a win on Saturday! 🙏🤞
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2022, 12:07:49 AM »

Maybe Moult in if fit?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2022, 12:22:36 AM »

Chesterfield will bring quite a few I reckon.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 08:20:59 AM »

Nice evening, big opposition - there will be well over 2,000 I reckon.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2022, 08:33:53 AM »

Nice evening, big opposition - there will be well over 2,000 I reckon.

According to their forum they've sold 6-700 tickets and expect 1-200 to pay on the day.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 09:12:38 AM »

According to there forum they have lots of first choice players injured. At least, that's their excuse for falling behind Stockport. I am looking forward to tonight. We were a match for them at their place and we've made some significant signings since then
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team