PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 discipline
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: discipline  (Read 6188 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: discipline
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 07:45:47 PM »

I'm guessing Doughty said something to the referee to warrant his second yellow, or did he follow through i was distracted, either way on a yellow again...

To be honest the referee was at least consistent in booking the Mansfield player that kicked it into the net and then booking the player that kicked Densmore BY ACCIDENT, his head was low, the player went for ball, and an accident happems, such as, it wasn't a yellw card..

Consistent?????? sorry that is not a word i would use to sum up the complete ineptitude to the ref's performance.
Senior was a straight red. however, the tackle on clee was a free kick (the third bad foul on him in the first half which was UNPUNISHED). The ref didnt have a clue, i think the stats prove themselves). The ref should have penalised the tackles on clee earlier, and thus this incident wouldnt have occured.

In the second half there were numerous fouls on our left wing which should have at LEAST been YELLOWS, before the Doughty incident. I do not know why the ref had not even been talking to mansfield players concerning their bad fouls, but then decides to give Matty a 2nd yellow.
The ref was shocking. Why was young booked in the first half??

Not to mention the first mansfield goal being offside.......

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 07:53:02 PM »

I'm guessing Doughty said something to the referee to warrant his second yellow, or did he follow through i was distracted, either way on a yellow again...

To be honest the referee was at least consistent in booking the Mansfield player that kicked it into the net and then booking the player that kicked Densmore BY ACCIDENT, his head was low, the player went for ball, and an accident happems, such as, it wasn't a yellw card..

Consistent?????? sorry that is not a word i would use to sum up the complete ineptitude to the ref's performance.
Senior was a straight red. however, the tackle on clee was a free kick (the third bad foul on him in the first half which was UNPUNISHED). The ref didnt have a clue, i think the stats prove themselves). The ref should have penalised the tackles on clee earlier, and thus this incident wouldnt have occured.

In the second half there were numerous fouls on our left wing which should have at LEAST been YELLOWS, before the Doughty incident. I do not know why the ref had not even been talking to mansfield players concerning their bad fouls, but then decides to give Matty a 2nd yellow.
The ref was shocking. Why was young booked in the first half??

Not to mention the first mansfield goal being offside.......

Would that not be the assistants fault ? I agree there were plenty of fouls on Clee that went unpunished, but you don't take the law onto yourself, we need to keep a cool head....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

Senior was not unlucky! He ran over to the player and pushed him to the ground two handed.

Next Saturday will soon be here  :)

I did when we got the 2nd red!

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:29 PM »

Mansfields number 19 went down very quickly for s 6'3 meat head, especially considering the fact he was piushed by someone a foot shorter than him

either way, senior raised his hands and is stupid, it's a red.

sadly the ref didn't book their player for diving and being a mong.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 09:14:45 PM »

Mansfields number 19 went down very quickly for s 6'3 meat head, especially considering the fact he was piushed by someone a foot shorter than him

either way, senior raised his hands and is stupid, it's a red.

sadly the ref didn't book their player for diving and being a mong.

Beautifully poetic: have a "G"

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »

Purely for purposes of clarification and I suspect that it may get me on the receiving end of some adverse comments.

Matt Doughty retaliated to the foul on him for which the Mansfield player was cautioned.

Greg Young was cautioned for comments to the Assistant Referee after the caution awarded to Chris Denham.

Matt Doughty, apparently by his own admission at half time, played the Mansfield Player onside for their first goal.

Mansfield had five cautions whereas we had three (including Matt Doughty's first one)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »

ATS, would you kindly not be rational & factual when we are ranting!  ;)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »

With regards to discipline within the Club I have the following comments and I am prepared to be lambasted  by people on here who dont agree with me

The two sending offs today were warranted ...

Discipline on and off the pitch is one of the main things that will hinder the progress of Alty this season considering the wafer thin squad that we have compared with most other clubs in the BSP.

Players have got to learn to not retaliate to fouls (Chris Senior and Matty Doughty please note).

As I say discipline is prevelent both on and off the pitch and if GH is constantly berating referees decisions then that is going to rub off on the players who then take up the mantle and start arguing about decisions on the field of play..

If GH has gripes with officials then he should  keep it to himself and put it in your after match report. There  is not a ref on this planet who will change his mind once the decision is made...

People may say it is raw passion. My answer to that is passion is all well and good in its place, let the fans give the ref a hard time that is what they are there for, Those 9 lads who competed today ran there socks off for the cause today and were a credit  to the club but stupid bookings and getting sent off will not maintain our place in the top half of the league where we rightly sit today.

Let your feet do the talking on the pitch lads, your football is more than good enough to sustain your position in this league but having players suspended at a crucial time of the season and with the likes of Luton and Oxford games coming up does not help the cause whatsoever.. Chrissy Senior 3 games and Matty Doughty 1 game puts us back to having too few subs on the bench just when we are on a good run..

I am passionate about Alty and what to see the strongest team possible out there fighting our cause.

I am convinced that with 11 lads on the pitch for 90 mins today we could have beat a lacklustre Mansfield who considering are a full time outfit were there for the taking..

Jamie Smith you were immense today lad..

Cmon Alty..

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 07:11:56 AM »

The commentators on BBC Radio Nottingham expected a straight Red for what they described a dreadful foul on Denham by Mills. Had the Ref acted correctly to that incident, he would not have set a president for everything that followed.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 09:18:29 AM »

Just proves what commentators know then doesn't it?

It was a reckless challenge but only a yellow card - Chris Denham, as he was entitled to do btw, stepped across the ball, putting his body between it and Mills. Mills collideded 'heavily' with Chris and the free kick and yellow card resulted.

Given the length of time available to Mills to stop himself colliding with Chris it would have been harsh and unreasonable for Mr Halliday to have interpreted the challenge as intentionally violent or likely to endanger the safety of an opponent (Chris)

Had roles been reversed and Chris been the tackler and then been sent off for it what would the opinions expressed on here be have been then?

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 10:58:28 AM »

All this fairness toward a referee who was poor from the start is amazing?
I would also take Alex fergusons stance and say he was not fit -  he was struggling to keep up with play on many occasions his fitness was poor.

He spoilt what was a good game from incidents that were handbags at best.
the referee came out on top yet again for abject control of a football match.

How many more times should we pay money to watch a match where the officials are the so called stars?

By the way -  he missed what was the most cynical foul of the afternoon by Chris Denham when chris hurt himself when he kicked the defender that hard he had to come off.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 12:35:36 PM »

It's ridiiculous to blame the referee for Altrincham losing this game. Two sloppy goals and two sendings-off for which the players only have themselves to blame. It's not the first time we've played teams of neanderthals and it won't be the last. The players have to deal with it by outplaying them.

yellowswoop

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 12:41:47 PM »

Poor ref even on a mansfield fan point of view.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »

It was always going to be red for Senior after raising his hands to Perry's face, but he went down like a sack of sh1te, then when the phyisio came on he was treating him  for a leg injury!

It really all  came from their 16 (Silk) who constantly fouled Clee who eventually flew into a challenge (which he got the ball).

Full time and proud of it

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »

It was always going to be red for Senior after raising his hands to Perry's face, but he went down like a sack of sh1te, then when the phyisio came on he was treating him  for a leg injury!

It really all  came from their 16 (Silk) who constantly fouled Clee who eventually flew into a challenge (which he got the ball).

Unfortunately he was nowhere near the ball and Clee went for him in anger having not got a free kick 30 seconds earlier which he believed he should have got - which he shouldn't. Also, it was Perry's chest he pushed. Other than that, what you're saying is spot on!!! ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 discipline