PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The elephant in the room
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The elephant in the room  (Read 13230 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The elephant in the room
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »

If its Hulme as rumours circling suggested, it's very akin to bringing a fat Clee back to try and keep us up. that year

The dressing room needs a lift despite what Parky says, if Hulme is it, we'll have to go with it.

But given the money spent on strikers, this shows a real poor showing on a footballing front. 6 strikers, number 7 has to work.

I wouldn’t mind Hulme back here.
On loan or whatever, as long as he brings his old feisty attitude with him, plus I’m pretty sure one Josh Hancock wouldnt be too upset,

Let’s be honest, love him or not, nothing we have had since he left has come anywhere near.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2021, 10:19:49 AM »

Hulme played on Saturday. I think a smart chat from Parky and some support from the Golf Road End might reignite his passion if it has been extinguished.

Jackson was subbed at Buxton on Saturday because of an injury according to a friend of a friend.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2021, 10:53:29 AM »

Jackson was subbed at Buxton on Saturday because of an injury according to a friend of a friend.

Jackson injured? Never!  ::) ::)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2021, 10:58:37 AM »

Jackson injured? Never!  ::) ::)

He couldn't have been on long then. Didn't he only come on as a sub, or have I got that wrong?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2021, 11:11:32 AM »

Hulme played on Saturday. I think a smart chat from Parky and some support from the Golf Road End might reignite his passion if it has been extinguished

I think his passion was ignited by money and playing full time (not that I would blame him for that) rather than playing in a higher league. I think he's done ok at fylde without pulling up any trees and probably the JH who used to be so good for us no longer exists. He's never played at this level has he?
Having said that, a loan spell till the end of the season and 15 or so goals would do his chances of a full time gig here next season no harm at all and I'd be more than happy to eat my words.
Can't see it happening and, to be honest, it smacks of hope over expectation if it does.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2021, 11:17:13 AM »

If its Hulme as rumours circling suggested, it's very akin to bringing a fat Clee back to try and keep us up. that year

The dressing room needs a lift despite what Parky says, if Hulme is it, we'll have to go with it.

But given the money spent on strikers, this shows a real poor showing on a footballing front. 6 strikers, number 7 has to work.

I wouldn’t mind Hulme back here.
On loan or whatever, as long as he brings his old feisty attitude with him, plus I’m pretty sure one Josh Hancock wouldnt be too upset,

Let’s be honest, love him or not, nothing we have had since he left has come anywhere near.

We're missing that "edge" certainly, even Kosylo seems to have done an anger management course.

Despite Phil's reassurance, we're missing that oomph in the dressing room, for us to be successful we're going to need born winners, that's why Grimsby Trannmere, Lincoln signed the same lads every other year.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:26:23 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2021, 11:36:42 AM »

Would take Hulme back all day long.

Not only a player we need but brings what we need in the dressing room.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2021, 12:29:56 PM »

There's no doubt a quality striker would help our cause. And yes if it were to be Hulme we may get an upturn in impact from Hancock.

I actually think it's the midfield where we're way off. As as been mentioned we haven't replaced Smith (easier said than done), Kirby is a massive miss. Would love a horrible, mobile Steve Connors type sign.
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2021, 01:42:05 PM »

There's no doubt a quality striker would help our cause. And yes if it were to be Hulme we may get an upturn in impact from Hancock.

I actually think it's the midfield where we're way off. As as been mentioned we haven't replaced Smith (easier said than done), Kirby is a massive miss. Would love a horrible, mobile Steve Connors type sign.

Totally agree.

Marriott started well. Will have to see.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2021, 01:45:49 PM »

We're way off in midfield as well as a striker.
Also, as Parky intimated we need a settled back four too. Possibly a new left back.
Because of the lack of protection, they're getting exposed more.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2021, 01:46:10 PM »

A good shopping list would be;
1) another tall centre back (Digie is ok but I'd prefer a better footballer like Sass-Davies).
2) yes, a horrible, mobile midfielder definitely (that has been very obvious this week).
3) a centre forward who can look after themselves and at least make the opposing centre halves feel they've been in a game.

Not easily attainable, but these 3 players would completely alter our fortunes.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2021, 02:00:33 PM »

Always been an admirer of Harry Cardwell since Chorley early cup run. Scored 5 for County in 12 appearance after their season curtailed.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »

Cardwell would be brilliant up front. Someone like David Morgan (ex Southport but don't know where he is now) would be perfect in midfield.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2021, 02:10:12 PM »

Cardwell is a great shout.
Don't know whether we could prise him away (or could afford to).
Let's hope it's someone of his calibre (and size).

PS. David Morgan is now a regular starter at Accrington
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 02:13:23 PM by Saughall Robin »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »

Cardwell is a great shout.
Don't know whether we could prise him away (or could afford to).
Let's hope it's someone of his calibre (and size).

PS. David Morgan is now a regular starter at Accrington

Think we prioritised Piggott and Jackson and other (percieved) long term targets than loan players.

I do think we missed golden opportunities to raid Chester, and Chorley for talent. Unless the management got their list.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The elephant in the room