News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Book now for Histon

Author Topic: Book now for Histon  (Read 3148 times)

markecky

Book now for Histon
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »

We need your support for the coach to Histon next Tuesday, you can book on now at the club (928 1045).

Its a long way on a Tuesday I know but these nights often turn out to be some of the best.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Book now for Histon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »

London Alty have got our half days booked for this one so we have time for a 'few' sharpners in Cambridge before Kick Off. Looking forward to it.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »

Me, my dad and rather reluctantly my sister will be there.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »

Is there a specific train from London? I'm in.

bumble

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »

We need your support for the coach to Histon next Tuesday, you can book on now at the club (928 1045).

Its a long way on a Tuesday I know but these nights often turn out to be some of the best.

Stick me down please ecky

Whose needs times sqaure.... its all about the glassworld stadium!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »

Barring any stitchups at work I should be there.
Come on Alty!

Iateallthepies

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »

I'll be there. I'm taking a ick day from work.
Plus I turned down the chance to see Celtic play Juventus.
Up the altys.!!!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 01:54:23 PM »

Is there a specific train from London? I'm in.

14:15 from KX.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 09:48:12 PM »

Picked up another point tonight Histon at Oxford,

Won 4 drew 2 lost 1 in their last 7 games

Ste

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:17 PM »

I'll be heading up from London for this one and bringing the old man too. He's not an Alty supporter at heart but he sides with the Robins for me. Last year while I was away in Nepal for nine months he went to the Histon game and sent a thorough report back to me by e-mail. He seemed to get a little confused as to which side Michael Twiss played for but at times, didn't we all?

Here's last years report if any-one is interested...

The sun was shining in Histon on Saturday afternoon such that the crowds thronging to the Glasswell stadium were beginning to think that Spring was in the air. This also seemed to be on the minds of the visitors for this Blue Square North fixture; when the Altrincham team stepped out on to the pitch they too had a spring in their step and a swagger in their play as they knocked the ball around with ease. The triumvirate of Clee, Densmore and Lawrie in midfield were certainly making those neat little triangles that reminded us all of Arsenal at their very best. However no one appeared to be enjoying themselves more than Damian Reeves, the Robins 34 goal hero for the season who was returning to his old stamping ground as a former Histon favourite.

It was no surprise therefore when Alty took the lead in the 13th minute. A long and deep cross from the left by Lawrie eluded everyone in the penalty area, including the Altrincham front line, and found its way into the far corner of the net. Reeves presence in the box certainly added to the confusion in the defence and whilst he claimed a touch to help the ball on its way, the concensus was that the goal belonged to Lawrie. So far so good!

However after 26 minutes Histon struck back with what was there first real attack. It was sloppy defending by the Robins centre backs that gave Michael Twiss too much time and space in the box. He gladly accepted the gift and slotted the ball past the helpless Joe Collister.

Altrincham playing in their unfamiliar yellow and blue kit then took the game to Histon with two goals in quick succession. The first was another fine effort by Lawrie, but this was eclipsed by the effort from Reeves. Following close control and a tight turn he lashed the ball into the bottom left hand corner and the 66 travelling fans from the north west erupted into cries of 'Champions, Champions'. The commentator for Radio Robins who was sitting close by and who of course is totally impartial, described the goal as undoubtedly the Altrincham 'Goal of the Season'.

Three one up at half time should have signalled a comfortable victory, but nothing is ever certain for Robin's supporters. Within 2 minutes of the restart Histon had won a corner and from the kick, the ball sailed directly into the top of the net with the statuesque Alty defenders looking on with a mixture of amazement and embarassment. However this made for an exiting second half with some end to end football. Alty rode their look at times as Histon hit the woodwork on two separate occasions. The Altrincham attacks were less frequent and less penetrating than in the first half, but in the 70th minute, that man Reeves again had the chance to finish off the opposition but his fierce shot hit the goalkeeper's legs and was cleared to safety.

After that the game petered out a little apart from a final flurry from Histon. However it was to no avail and the Moss Lane heroes hung on in the end for a valuable 3 points.

The attendance was a magnificent 388, including a certain Mr and Mrs Airey who were representing one of the Robin's most ardent supporters, Stephen Airey, who is currently working in Nepal. No doubt as he treks around the Himalayas he will be heartened by the news that the 'Boys done Great'.

Take care you two

Your Football Correspondent (DAD)

arnald

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:04:59 PM »

a proper good report that

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:24:18 AM »

I'll be heading up from London for this one and bringing the old man too. He's not an Alty supporter at heart but he sides with the Robins for me. Last year while I was away in Nepal for nine months he went to the Histon game and sent a thorough report back to me by e-mail. He seemed to get a little confused as to which side Michael Twiss played for but at times, didn't we all?

Here's last years report if any-one is interested...

The sun was shining in Histon on Saturday afternoon such that the crowds thronging to the Glasswell stadium were beginning to think that Spring was in the air. This also seemed to be on the minds of the visitors for this Blue Square North fixture; when the Altrincham team stepped out on to the pitch they too had a spring in their step and a swagger in their play as they knocked the ball around with ease. The triumvirate of Clee, Densmore and Lawrie in midfield were certainly making those neat little triangles that reminded us all of Arsenal at their very best. However no one appeared to be enjoying themselves more than Damian Reeves, the Robins 34 goal hero for the season who was returning to his old stamping ground as a former Histon favourite.

It was no surprise therefore when Alty took the lead in the 13th minute. A long and deep cross from the left by Lawrie eluded everyone in the penalty area, including the Altrincham front line, and found its way into the far corner of the net. Reeves presence in the box certainly added to the confusion in the defence and whilst he claimed a touch to help the ball on its way, the concensus was that the goal belonged to Lawrie. So far so good!

However after 26 minutes Histon struck back with what was there first real attack. It was sloppy defending by the Robins centre backs that gave Michael Twiss too much time and space in the box. He gladly accepted the gift and slotted the ball past the helpless Joe Collister.

Altrincham playing in their unfamiliar yellow and blue kit then took the game to Histon with two goals in quick succession. The first was another fine effort by Lawrie, but this was eclipsed by the effort from Reeves. Following close control and a tight turn he lashed the ball into the bottom left hand corner and the 66 travelling fans from the north west erupted into cries of 'Champions, Champions'. The commentator for Radio Robins who was sitting close by and who of course is totally impartial, described the goal as undoubtedly the Altrincham 'Goal of the Season'.

Three one up at half time should have signalled a comfortable victory, but nothing is ever certain for Robin's supporters. Within 2 minutes of the restart Histon had won a corner and from the kick, the ball sailed directly into the top of the net with the statuesque Alty defenders looking on with a mixture of amazement and embarassment. However this made for an exiting second half with some end to end football. Alty rode their look at times as Histon hit the woodwork on two separate occasions. The Altrincham attacks were less frequent and less penetrating than in the first half, but in the 70th minute, that man Reeves again had the chance to finish off the opposition but his fierce shot hit the goalkeeper's legs and was cleared to safety.

After that the game petered out a little apart from a final flurry from Histon. However it was to no avail and the Moss Lane heroes hung on in the end for a valuable 3 points.

The attendance was a magnificent 388, including a certain Mr and Mrs Airey who were representing one of the Robin's most ardent supporters, Stephen Airey, who is currently working in Nepal. No doubt as he treks around the Himalayas he will be heartened by the news that the 'Boys done Great'.

Take care you two

Your Football Correspondent (DAD)

Top stuff.....well played to your old man!

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »

John Laidlar, Briann Flynn. Watch your backs gentlemen...  ;D

Iateallthepies

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 09:54:14 AM »

Can you also put me down for workington a week on Saturday please?
Up the altys!!

markecky

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »

Ron, you are on on for Workington

Jack, you are on for Histon.

Details of the Workington trip will be on the website this evening.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Book now for Histon