News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pubs around the ground/parking

Author Topic: Pubs around the ground/parking  (Read 2361 times)

eggjarni

« on: March 15, 2007, 11:41:28 PM »

Hello

Coming up on saturday, just wondered what the parking arrangments are like around the ground.
Also what is the pub situation like there will be 15 of us on a mini bus.

What do you think the attendance will be i think we will bring around 500, which is not bad considering our slump in from.

thegazelle

Re: Pubs around the ground/parking
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 05:11:58 AM »

by george a f**king big minibus with 500 on it

you should drive past alty and turn left after the pelican pub and ask to be directed to the huntsman

good boddies on hand pump and you will get a warm welcome

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:23:10 AM »

That is over 2 miles from the ground !!!

Just go into the centre of Altrincham, 10 mins walk to the ground.

NauticaPete

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:33:43 AM »

The King George pub is quite spacious, it is a couple of minutes walk from the away end ( i.e. east of the ground). That's the nearest pub to the ground itself. It has Sky Tv.  In the town centre there are quite a few pubs on the main street ( Stamford New Road/Station Rd). A good one is called the Bricklayer's Arms, on the pedestrian street, George Street, parallel to Stamford New Rd/ Station Rd. From there it's about a 10 min walk to the ground along Moss lane.
Unfortunately too many pubs in Alty are either soulless chains i.e. Slug and lettuce, Wetherspoons etc. or wannabe wine bars with wannabe footballers' wives and Cheshire hanger-ons whove made a bob on the property market and want to show everyone..... ???
Best pub in my opinion is in Hale ( next to Hale station, hence the name), the Railway; or the Belgian bar near Alty market... take care with those Belgian beers though! (Open only in the evening) I hope you enjoy everything about your stay in Alty apart from the match ;)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:51:28 AM »

the Belgian bar near Alty market... take care with those Belgian beers though! (Open only in the evening) I hope you enjoy everything about your stay in Alty apart from the match ;)

Open in the afternoons on saturdays, the girl who works the afternoon shift is VERY helpful

thegazelle

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:27:49 AM »

Oi juniior 

i thi nk you missed my (possibly drunken @5am ) point

i thought these oxford types would enjoy a cultural exchange in the huntsman, which is well know for it's debating society.

oi nautica

railway is not next to the station in hale thats the cheshire but bonus point for pointing out it is the best pub in Alty

oi Bath Alty give katy up before it takes a hold i think i am too far gone its 11.30 and i am still p1ssed from last nights Katyfest

Zigga Zagga Freddy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »

The King George is the closest pub to the ground. Its near the ground on Moss Lane.

As for parking, there is no car park at the ground, so really you might end up parking on the residnetial streets around the ground.

However, the King George has a decent sized car park, if you're there early enough, and you could make the 10 min walk into Alty from there, where there are loads of pubs.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »

I am so glad we are offering clear concise information about pubs and car parking LMAO

So funny.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team