PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Match thread  (Read 24424 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Match thread
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »

I thought Stu was impeded by Knight just before the cross for the goal.
My mam of match was Lee Elam, ran his socks off, and also caused all sorts of problems.
I would agree though that Greg was magnificent at the back

There didn't seem to be too many complaints from the lads

andrewflynn

« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »

brilliant result :)

Longman

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2008, 10:28:02 PM »

Excellent performance, i'm dissapointed we didn't take all 3 points though!  We still need to work on retaining the ball better and not just hoofing it back.

Stand outs for me were Elam and Densmore, thought Lawton had a decent game as well.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »

Stand outs for me were Elam and Densmore, thought Lawton had a decent game as well.

Lawton's best game this season by a mile.

AltyIan

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2008, 10:35:56 PM »

Everyone had a decent game and they had to against a team like Rushden and Diamonds, a few players who stood out for me included the likes of Coburn, Densmore, Lawton and Elam but the whole team was cracking. Denham was obviously not quite match fit which is to be expected seeing as though he's been left out for the last few games. However, it is good to see the rift between GH and him has gone away. And was fantastic to hear Heathcote talking of positive play, finally good to see the lads trying to win games not just sitting back inviting teams. Well played reds.

bighairedmike

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2008, 10:36:44 PM »

still think tuesday night was robbies best game even though he played well tonight.

well done everyone!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »

I thought Stu was impeded by Knight just before the cross for the goal.
My mam of match was Lee Elam, ran his socks off, and also caused all sorts of problems.
I would agree though that Greg was magnificent at the back

Goalkeepers, whether ours or someone elses are overprotected nowadays and I think that I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.

I thought that the Ref had an absolutely excellent match. We committed silly fouls and technical offences all through the second half, more so as the game went on.

Just as when they played Lewes the difference between full time and part time in terms of fitness both mental and physical started to show.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »

At the risk of

a) praising referees again

b) agreeing with ATS  :o

I thought last nights referee was absolutely superb and really let the game flow well such as it was. Yes, Stuart was impeded for the goal but no more or less that every keeper is at corners, personally seeing as they scored anyway I'd have preferred him to pucnh that orrible little wretch Leon Knight and concede a penalty.

Maybe the booking he gave Corcoran in injury time should have gone to Woodhouse instead when he started trying to throw his weight about a bit on Danylyk cos Robbie was dominating him but other than that he was fine.

Longman

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2008, 02:40:31 PM »

At the risk of

a) praising referees again

b) agreeing with ATS  :o

I thought last nights referee was absolutely superb and really let the game flow well such as it was. Yes, Stuart was impeded for the goal but no more or less that every keeper is at corners, personally seeing as they scored anyway I'd have preferred him to pucnh that orrible little wretch Leon Knight and concede a penalty.

Maybe the booking he gave Corcoran in injury time should have gone to Woodhouse instead when he started trying to throw his weight about a bit on Danylyk cos Robbie was dominating him but other than that he was fine.

I agree I thought the ref had a very good game, he let it flow and allowed lots of physical contact!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2008, 03:48:04 PM »

Altho the Assistant Ref was ..... (only kiddin)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »

The linesman down the side where the cameras were, on a couple of occasions for both sides, had no idea about the rule that if the ball goes past the white line it is of the field of play.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match thread