PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 5250 times)

Jimmy

Re: Tonight
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »

How long have you watched football mate you never seen the best player being the target for fowls I thought it was part of the game

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 12:51:57 PM »

Two very evenly matched teams.  Plenty of endeavour from both sides.  Some great attacking play from Boston at times but we weren't firing on all cylinders tonight.  No-ones fault I would say, just not really our night.

Mind you, Bostons game plan to take Nicky out worked to a treat. I know their manager is a convicted benefits cheat but I thought the Evans days were behind them.

How the hell did Piergianni stay on the pitch?  A clear red for me for dragging down Walshaw, then if that wasn't enough a definite 2nd yellow for the free kick on the other side.

We wanted the win but we could have also lost with a couple of their chances.  We'll play worse and win.

All to play for on Saturday.  Not sure if Telfords underestimation of Guiseley will be a good or bad thing for us...

Boston supporter and coming in peace :-*

I do so enjoy the mind set that even allows you or others to think there is or was some kind of subterfuge some surreptitious master plan to deliberately take your left winger out of the game. Honestly gents, get real, this isn't CSI this is the conference North for Gods sake.

True it was a really poor challenge and on another night with another official it could have drawn a red card and no-one on our side of the A1 could have complained were that to have happened. But if every time a team hacks down one of your best players you're going to play the conspiracy card, you really do need to whip off the old blinkers gents and get a life on matters like this. It unfortunately happens, a simple fact of life.

I'm not sure how long you've been watching football, but giving the opposition's best player a going over is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

We've done it to players in the past...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 12:59:23 PM »

I'm not playing any conspiracy cards.  

The challenge was disgusting and about 3 seconds late, the ball was 100 yards away when he took his standing leg away at 100 mph.  In my opinion it was a targeted attack and I don't like that I'm afraid.  

If one of our players had done that to Ricky Miller then I would expect you to say the same.

As for your other comments I agree.  We had more possession, you had the better chances, it was an entertaining 0-0.  It was also good to play a proper club with a travelling support who sang for their team, very good turnout for a Tuesday.

We'll have to agree to disagree I'm afraid.

thegazelle

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 04:29:04 PM »

i think in the modern game we dont see the targetting of danger players so much, in our glory days we were guilty??? of doing this every game . (think kingy punching ardiles) on the other side of the coin sammy lee doing kingy . vinny jones won the cup for wimbledon when he clattered mcmahon (brother of the famous john) in the first minute and mcmahon  never went near him after that,  the list is endless . certain after dinners speak of little else, roy banks kicking finney into the third row of the stand etc etc.

its part of the game in my aged mind

however we did have kids working down t pit in them day so i suppose that doesnt make it right

eightiesrobin

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »

^ "brother of the famous John" - priceless ;D

I remember John McMahon making the cover of the programme once, taking a massive air shot at a ball in front of goal. I think the caption was "just fails to connect in the game against" whoever it was.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »

I've no problem with targeting players or 'letting them know they're in a game' robust type tackles etc, that's all legit in my eyes. The tackle on Clee however is a red card and the ref bottled it.

GB Alty

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »

Boston did their homework, fair play to them, very weak ref, looking forward to seeing the two definate red card challenges again, and hoping an assessor sees them. nothing changes, win our remaining games, we're champions
actually not true - Guiseley can now come ahead of us, even if we win all our remaining games

How? They 5 points behind us on level games?
sorry Peter I was reading JL's league table last night, which was wrong, it said Guiseley had played only 33

I thought it looked odd at the time. Next time I will stick on the shandy with you

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 08:14:06 PM »

I've no problem with targeting players or 'letting them know they're in a game' robust type tackles etc, that's all legit in my eyes. The tackle on Clee however is a red card and the ref bottled it.

Just seen the highlights and agree that the Clee tackle should have been a red card all night long  .Officialdom in this league is generally poor imo

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »

Just seen the highlights and agree that the Clee tackle should have been a red card all night long  .Officialdom in this league is generally poor imo
Charlie Nicholas sometimes refers to a fierce challenge as "smartening his opponent up". But there are limits, and last night's tackle went way beyond them.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight