PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 5249 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tonight
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »

Most cynical team performance I've seen for a long time.

Piergianni man of match award the best piss take I've seen for a while.

Had most of the ball but no clear cut chances. Gain a point on Telford at the end of the day
Full time and proud of it

mortlakebob

Re: Tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »

Afternoon games - pl 25. Pts 53 (title winning) and then evening games played 10 points 14. (Bottom half of table form). All a bit frustrating.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »

Notwithstanding the fact that he perhaps should have been sent off for the foul on Walshaw, Piergianni had a great game IMO. Nothing got past him.

Tough game, they obviously had a plan. Too bad about Nicky, we rely on him too much I feel.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »

Two very evenly matched teams.  Plenty of endeavour from both sides.  Some great attacking play from Boston at times but we weren't firing on all cylinders tonight.  No-ones fault I would say, just not really our night.

Mind you, Bostons game plan to take Nicky out worked to a treat. I know their manager is a convicted benefits cheat but I thought the Evans days were behind them.

How the hell did Piergianni stay on the pitch?  A clear red for me for dragging down Walshaw, then if that wasn't enough a definite 2nd yellow for the free kick on the other side.

We wanted the win but we could have also lost with a couple of their chances.  We'll play worse and win.

All to play for on Saturday.  Not sure if Telfords underestimation of Guiseley will be a good or bad thing for us...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:00:51 AM »

Boston did their homework, fair play to them, very weak ref, looking forward to seeing the two definate red card challenges again, and hoping an assessor sees them. nothing changes, win our remaining games, we're champions

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 12:15:18 AM »

Absolutely crap referee. Failed to send off their number 8 for chopping Nicky, and then failed to give him a second yellow when he brought Lawrie down. No wonder he was immediately subbed.

Piergianni let nothing past him......by hook, or more often by crook.

The referee was over fussy, and seemed to think it was HIM we'd paid to watch. Unhappy tonight, but not with the lads.

Wonder if Louise1234 is going to give us the benefit of her thoughts on a "fateful night at Guiseley"  ::)

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 12:39:36 AM »

Boston did their homework, fair play to them, very weak ref, looking forward to seeing the two definate red card challenges again, and hoping an assessor sees them. nothing changes, win our remaining games, we're champions
actually not true - Guiseley can now come ahead of us, even if we win all our remaining games

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 12:46:45 AM »

Just back in after the game...........a fair result as both teams cancelled each other out.......we had much more of the ball but I felt they had the better chances.

It could have been so different if not for the most lenient referee I have seen this season.........he was good enough to get most decisions right, but he has to be rated as poor for his lack of guts in punishing dangerous challenges or for failing to caution persistent offenders or for completely 'bottling it' when a player already cautioned commits another cautionable offence right under his nose.......he gives the free kick and has yet another word....a shocking referee who is still managing a smile in the bar after the game as he must have thought he had done well

Scott Leather with a deserved MoM award tonight
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:05:56 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 01:37:08 AM »

actually not true - Guiseley can now come ahead of us, even if we win all our remaining games

I think JL's table's wrong? It should read:-

3. Altrincham P35 Pts 67
5. Guiseley    P35 Pts 62 (not P33)

They might well finish above us but not if we win all our remaining games.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 01:42:42 AM »

Guiseley will, quite rightly, be getting all the headlines and are now the form team, but look at this:-

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/form/guiseley?count=8

We're still in this no question.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:14 AM »

How? They 5 points behind us on level games?

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »

I see this as a point gained when it could have been worse...nice to still keep a clean sheet and not lose the game completely.....

I can understand why the player wasn't red carded for pulling down walshaw as you could argue wally didn't have control of the ball and it wasn't an absolutely clear cut goalscoring opportunity....but it was a cynical professional foul.
as for the challenge on nicky clee......well that was disgraceful....a leg breaker....late and lunging and reckless.......and there was a suspicion that the player knew exactly what he was doing and who he was doing it to and why.........

I didn't go to the match and have drawn those conclusions from Alty TV but I think in real time just as you could argue the case for not issuing a red for hauling down wally there is no excuse for the ref's gross dereliction of duty of care to protect all the players in not sending of nicky's assassin.

For ATS' hand wringing you have to protect the refs etc......I just wonder had that same player wrecked James Lawrie's career or anyone else's after being allowed to stay on the pitch what the legal position would be.....they're quick enough to play the health and safety card when the pitch is slightly soft or a bit hard aren't they???

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 09:16:48 AM »

I thought it was a great game last night, I really enjoyed it. I just hoped we would have sneaked a goal and we would all have gone fu*%ing mental.

I thought we played some very good football and kept the ball well, we bossed midfield and I thought Carl Rogers was our man of the match, he was very solid last night.

Not sure why LS took Wally off, I thought Reeves would have been the one to replace. I don't think we should have gone 3 up top though (which was my initial thought) as Boston came close near the end and 3 up top still might not have won the game for us, but I think possibly would have lost it.

Happy with the game, would have liked a win, hope Nicky is ok.

billandben

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »

Two very evenly matched teams.  Plenty of endeavour from both sides.  Some great attacking play from Boston at times but we weren't firing on all cylinders tonight.  No-ones fault I would say, just not really our night.

Mind you, Bostons game plan to take Nicky out worked to a treat. I know their manager is a convicted benefits cheat but I thought the Evans days were behind them.

How the hell did Piergianni stay on the pitch?  A clear red for me for dragging down Walshaw, then if that wasn't enough a definite 2nd yellow for the free kick on the other side.

We wanted the win but we could have also lost with a couple of their chances.  We'll play worse and win.

All to play for on Saturday.  Not sure if Telfords underestimation of Guiseley will be a good or bad thing for us...

Boston supporter and coming in peace :-*

I do so enjoy the mind set that even allows you or others to think there is or was some kind of subterfuge some surreptitious master plan to deliberately take your left winger out of the game. Honestly gents, get real, this isn't CSI this is the conference North for Gods sake.

True it was a really poor challenge and on another night with another official it could have drawn a red card and no-one on our side of the A1 could have complained were that to have happened. But if every time a team hacks down one of your best players you're going to play the conspiracy card, you really do need to whip off the old blinkers gents and get a life on matters like this. It unfortunately happens, a simple fact of life.

It's like you further condemnation of the man in black for not sending off Pidge. Which part of the rules do you not understand, let me know and i'll happily try and clarify the relevant issues raised. The offence happened what would you say, 25 yards out with the ball coming over the shoulders of both and whilst I do concede the tackle Pidge made was deliberately made, at no time did your forward have the ball never mind have it under control, and forget this last man rubbish, did it deny him a 'CLEAR' goal scoring opportunity?
Of course it didn't, yellow was the correct decision and probably why Pidge made it. As for the other so called robust challenges some of you seem to be pointing to, what a load of piffle lads. Come on we are all men here, centre halves regardless of ones allegiance do similarly every single game, yet you only feel wounded by those not given against your forwards, surely some of you could be a little less bias here couldn't you?

Its like, in reverse all the petulant tariddle your fans were aiming at our players for 'apparently diving' when they were doing no more than being sent to the floor. It hardly justifies a conspiracy diving theory, it's why they are called, just that fouls. Surely you are capable of differentiating between the two.

I stood with a friendly group of Alty fans who thankfully, and if only for my sanity had, that first tackle apart a different and more honest perspective on such trivial offences.
Personally though, I thought for a 'pressure game' and one ending 0-0 it was actually a decent and quite entertaining game of football. Sure you probably had the best of the possession, maybe what 60-40, but I though as a unit we defended really well, and for all the attacking inclinations of your full backs,  especially your skipper, you rarely managed to get in behind us and invariably the balls pumped into the box, and there were many were, if we are continuing to be frank, repelled with a degree of ease.

Your lads certainly showed you are a good passing side though, especially in the speed in which you moved the ball especially from one side of the pitch to another was good on the eye, very rarely did you offensively stop the ball, yeah good stuff. Especially when comparing the physicality of the two teams, where compared to us you were a team of giants. Surprisingly , and amaking a pleasant change for us, so too did we albeit to a lesser degree, but in 90 minutes did you really create a chance of any significance, if you did, I am afraid in truth I don't have any recollection of it.

Conversely we missed a one on one in the first half where your custodian saved well, another ' double save' ten minutes earlier from a mini scramble in the six yard box and another gilt edged chance five minutes from time which for us went the wring side of the post  being by far the best of them. Add to that the three other occasions when after getting behind you we smashed the ball      across the area only to have no one waiting to get on the end of it.

All in all, a draw was probably a fair result, and one that on reflection probably pleases you guys a little better than it does us. Enjoyed the night, and hopefully both of us will be at least in the play offs in which who knows we may meet again. If we do then hopefully it should be at least an enjoyable occasion.

If we do though enough of this conspiracy or diving or foul at all costs nonsense, we have two six foot centre halves one in the middle whilst and the rest of the team must average 5' 8"  hardly the tools of a normal hatchet mob is it?

Good luck for the rest of the season
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight