PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nani's Goal
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nani's Goal  (Read 4936 times)

Jezza

Re: Nani's Goal
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 12:16:31 PM »

I'd love to have heard the conversation between the liner and the ref
"erm, nani handled the ball after he threw himself to the ground like he'd been shot...but he was pulled by the spurs player"
"yeah but I missed all three so it's a goal"
"but I'm telling you now"
"sorry, don't want to upset Rio do I?"

by the letter of the law it was a goal but only because of incompetence by the ref and the liner who also didn't flag for the penalty or the handball initially....officials ruining games and wanting to be the star attraction of the show once again with supporting roles by cheating players.

Most telling was the referees motions....never saw him giving a clear play on signal ..even when nani and gomez looked quizzically at him he just shrugged his shoulders....but then of course came the pompous arm waving away to the spurs players "I've cocked up...live with it lads"....interestingly he allowed ferdinand in on the discussion though....

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »

I'd love to have heard the conversation between the liner and the ref
"erm, nani handled the ball after he threw himself to the ground like he'd been shot...but he was pulled by the spurs player"
"yeah but I missed all three so it's a goal"
"but I'm telling you now"
"sorry, don't want to upset Rio do I?"

by the letter of the law it was a goal but only because of incompetence by the ref and the liner who also didn't flag for the penalty or the handball initially....officials ruining games and wanting to be the star attraction of the show once again with supporting roles by cheating players.

Most telling was the referees motions....never saw him giving a clear play on signal ..even when nani and gomez looked quizzically at him he just shrugged his shoulders....but then of course came the pompous arm waving away to the spurs players "I've cocked up...live with it lads"....interestingly he allowed ferdinand in on the discussion though....

Hardly a discussion that really... Ferdinand shouting at the ref while he's conversing with the liner. At no point does he make any sign that he's listening to Ferdinand at all. STill, Clattenburgs a clown of the highest order.

robins1978

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »

If we disregard the fact that the officials seemed to miss a handball by Nani when he fell on it (it would be most chartitable to have classed it "accidental"), the award of the goal was technically correct.

Play had not been stopped so the ball was always in play. Gomes chucking it a few yards in front of himself because he thought it should have been a free kicj proved to be a bit of an error.

Much as it galls me to say this "well done Nani"

Remember this day! ATS says the ref got it wrong!  ;D

I agree, should have been a free kick, but you should play to the whistle and Gomes should know that. Fair play to the lad, as butty says, stick it in and ask later.
ATS is not saying (i believe) the ref got it wrong. The officials did not see the hand ball - they cannot give what they don't see can they. Although it shudve been a penalty anyway. The fault for the goal has to lay firmly with Gomes - who seemed to decide himself it was a free kick without getting confirmation of it from the ref. He also took the 'freekick' from totally the wrong place anyway so he got what he deserved - a Halloween Howler of a goal!

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 03:41:19 AM »

If we disregard the fact that the officials seemed to miss a handball by Nani when he fell on it (it would be most chartitable to have classed it "accidental"), the award of the goal was technically correct.

Play had not been stopped so the ball was always in play. Gomes chucking it a few yards in front of himself because he thought it should have been a free kicj proved to be a bit of an error.

I agree, should have been a free kick, but you should play to the whistle and Gomes should know that. Fair play to the lad, as butty says, stick it in and ask later.
ATS is not saying (i believe) the ref got it wrong. The officials did not see the hand ball - they cannot give what they don't see can they. Although it shudve been a penalty anyway. The fault for the goal has to lay firmly with Gomes - who seemed to decide himself it was a free kick without getting confirmation of it from the ref. He also took the 'freekick' from totally the wrong place anyway so he got what he deserved - a Halloween Howler of a goal!

I know exactly what ATS said. It was a joke.  ::)

What did i say in the rest of my post...?

robins1978

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »

I know exactly what ATS said. It was a joke.  ::)

What did i say in the rest of my post...?
I must have missed the joke then. hahaha very funny !!!

vic

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 05:12:52 PM »

If it was a penalty how come he went down 5 yards after the slight tug.
Correct decision would have been to award us a free kick for no advantage and book Nani for diving or hand ball take your pick.

markecky

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »

Award us?  :D

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »

Award us?  :D

Great idea ! Northwich need all the help they can get these days. If every BSP club were to donate them one of their free kicks, they'd soon get out of the Evo-Stik !

robins1978

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »

If it was a penalty how come he went down 5 yards after the slight tug.
Correct decision would have been to award us a free kick for no advantage and book Nani for diving or hand ball take your pick.
you dont have to hit the deck for it to be a foul which was before the alleged dive or (unseen by the officials)  hand ball
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nani's Goal