PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nani's Goal
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nani's Goal  (Read 4937 times)

RocketDan

Nani's Goal
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »

Reminds me of chris seniors goal against York a couple of years ago...

jamestimperleyrobin

Re: Nani's Goal
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »

Football won't be the same if those type of goals keep occuring!

lukealty12

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »

Thought the same when senior did it, and do about this one, both were goals.

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »

Poor man's ronaldo

Butty

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »

Its a typical poacher's approach, which should be applauded- Stick it in the net and ask any questions later

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

If we disregard the fact that the officials seemed to miss a handball by Nani when he fell on it (it would be most chartitable to have classed it "accidental"), the award of the goal was technically correct.

Play had not been stopped so the ball was always in play. Gomes chucking it a few yards in front of himself because he thought it should have been a free kicj proved to be a bit of an error.

Much as it galls me to say this "well done Nani"

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 12:07:09 AM »

If we disregard the fact that the officials seemed to miss a handball by Nani when he fell on it (it would be most chartitable to have classed it "accidental"), the award of the goal was technically correct.

Play had not been stopped so the ball was always in play. Gomes chucking it a few yards in front of himself because he thought it should have been a free kicj proved to be a bit of an error.

Much as it galls me to say this "well done Nani"

Remember this day! ATS says the ref got it wrong!  ;D

I agree, should have been a free kick, but you should play to the whistle and Gomes should know that. Fair play to the lad, as butty says, stick it in and ask later.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 12:09:20 AM »

Agree with you Phil ... It was handball most definitely. but every footballer at all levels know that until the ball goes out of play or the ref blows that whistle then the game is active...

In this case the ball was in play and the ref had his hands behind his back, no whistle...  Nani got lucky...

Its drilled into every player world wide at any level... Play to the whistle...

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 08:45:20 AM »

1.It was a clear penalty.
2.I assume that Gomes thought the Ref had blown for a free kick as that appeared to be a dead ball sitution he was attempting to play.
3.Assuming 2, it serves Gomes right for cheating nearly a 10 yard advantage with the position he wanted to take the free kick. Had he placed the ball in the postion where the hand ball occured, Nani would probably have also thought it was a free kick.
4.I agree that the Referee got it wrong by firstly not awarding a penalty then after missing it, he missed a free kick immediately afterwards in the same incident.
5.In this case, although the Ref got it awfully wrong, justice was done.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »

Nani should have been booked for the handball and recieved a 2nd yellow for ungentlemanly conduct...as I understand it, the ref saw the handball but didn't give it as Spurs had the ball which was such a bizarre applying of the advantage rule that gomez didn't understand it...so the ref got it trebley wrong.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 10:12:44 AM »

Nani should have been booked for the handball and recieved a 2nd yellow for ungentlemanly conduct...as I understand it, the ref saw the handball but didn't give it as Spurs had the ball which was such a bizarre applying of the advantage rule that gomez didn't understand it...so the ref got it trebley wrong.

But he he didn't blow ! The ball was still in play, simple !

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »

1.It was a clear penalty.
2.I assume that Gomes thought the Ref had blown for a free kick as that appeared to be a dead ball sitution he was attempting to play.
3.Assuming 2, it serves Gomes right for cheating nearly a 10 yard advantage with the position he wanted to take the free kick. Had he placed the ball in the postion where the hand ball occured, Nani would probably have also thought it was a free kick.
4.I agree that the Referee got it wrong by firstly not awarding a penalty then after missing it, he missed a free kick immediately afterwards in the same incident.
5.In this case, although the Ref got it awfully wrong, justice was done.

You're the first person to pick up point 3 above - and I'm with you all the way ! And I think that, although Mr.Clattenburg incorrectly failed to give the penalty, the series of apparent advantage decisions he then took were fine. He probably didn't give the penalty because Nani's reputation preceded him.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »

Play to the whistle.. Clattenburg played on which gave Gomes the opportunity to distribute the ball quickly but obviously he wanted some sort of justice for the handball. So in his mind he was thinking "that's a free-kick then.' Throws the ball down, Nani plays to the whistle.. goal.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »

Even the linesman didn't flag when Nani put the ball in the net.

What will remain a mystery was why did he then flag after the ref had initially given the goal ?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 11:52:27 AM »

Didn't realise we had so many its fans on here ::)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nani's Goal