PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just got back
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just got back  (Read 5455 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Just got back
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:47:28 PM »

The tactics were spot on today and every player ran his socks off all afternoon. Ive said it a thousand times and I'll say it again: if the opposition isn't good enough to break us down it is not our fault!

Special mention for Peter Doran who I thought was excellent today and never stopped running at them, and his tackling (along with everyone else's) was first class.

That save Coburn made near the end was monumental!

There aren't enough superlatives to describe the effort and heart we showed today and I'm extremely proud of the way we acquitted ourselves.

Really happy at the moment!   :)

Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Just got back
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:53:04 PM »

Been out all day.. So pleased to see the score at Luton.

I posted on a different thread that today would be a benchmark as to how far The Alty have progressed this season.

Well it is now official.. We have progressed beyond belief and I would go as far as to say I dont think there is one Alty fan who expected us to do as well this season..

Excellent effort against a free scoring Luton team.. Well done yet again lads.

Salisbury and Cambridge to go.. Lets finish the season off in style and next Saturday give Colin a day he will never forget

Cmon The ALTY

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »

I agree with 1981. We defended very well. Coming out of the ground one their fans asked "how can you watch that crap evety week"?
Fact is that we have matched them everytime we have played them. Another big club that wont accept they are now a non-league club.
Either Luton or Oxford, if not both, will be playing us next season.
No matter what we do in the next 2 games we will finish higher in the league than last season.
And we havent has a real thumping by anyone this season.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »

Well it is now official.. We have progressed beyond belief and I would go as far as to say I dont think there is one Alty fan who expected us to do as well this season..

Well I did forecast a top half finish at the start of the season.
Clearly we weren't going to make the play offs this year, but I always thought that there were an awful lot of teams in this league that we could outperform.
Onwards and upwards.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »

I agree with 1981. We defended very well. Coming out of the ground one their fans asked "how can you watch that crap evety week"?
Fact is that we have matched them everytime we have played them. Another big club that wont accept they are now a non-league club.
Either Luton or Oxford, if not both, will be playing us next season.
No matter what we do in the next 2 games we will finish higher in the league than last season.
And we havent has a real thumping by anyone this season.

great post jeaulosy is a bitch
ParkINson's red and white army

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 11:00:21 PM »

Great result , couldn't go today coz of working , i didn't excpect anything from todays game well done .

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »

the luton fan didn't have the honour of watching histon last season...jesus wept that was hard to watch.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 11:13:54 PM »

Haven't been that proud of an Alty team since we won promotion.

When you think of what luton have done to other sides recently, to go there in front of a massive crowd and hold them 0-0 was a monumental effort....we even had a go at them first half...2nd half admittedly we were knackered and under the cosh, luton looked fast and dangerous but our defending was immense although forthe last ten minutes i considered going and getting the stamford van hire mini bus and parking it in front of the goal to help out Stu who made two world class saves.

Full time....and they still couldn't score!!!!

When you think a few years ago we were at vauxhall motors....today for a conference fixture....surreal!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 11:56:01 PM »

Richard Money:-

"I suppose when you score 24 in your past four home games you're always going to have one of those days when one doesn't go in"

transalted as:

I could've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky Alty kids dang nabbitt!

jimmyhank

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 12:53:39 AM »

I thought we were terrific, once again, today. We looked pretty solid throughout the entire game if not a bit leggy towards the end. Looked like a great turnout from our fans, too - who were in excellent voice!

Well done Alty.

jimmyhank

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 01:49:10 AM »

From the match report on Luton Town website:

"...it was the first time since December 2nd that the Town had failed to score at home"

Speaks volumes for our defensive solidity.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 04:40:27 AM »

Absolutely amazzing result.

From anybody who was at the FA cup tie. did they look like they were a team pushing for promotion? Because i thought that when we played them at home it looked like a mid table tie.

Also, what was the entire crowd?

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 08:46:40 AM »

A great day out in the sun with a very good result. The motorway being shut and and 2 hour delay on the way back did not dampen our spirits. Missed a few of the more vocal regular away singers but well done to the players.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »

Missed a few of the more vocal regular away singers

Me and Gaz did our best but there's only so much you can do with two people starting all the songs.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »

Missed a few of the more vocal regular away singers

Me and Gaz did our best but there's only so much you can do with two people starting all the songs.

This is something that needs to be addressed if we want to keep any sort of atmosphere.

If me or Hughesy are late for a home match the team comes out to ripple of cricket applause, as proved at the Oxford game.

I hope some of the new younger crew coming through can take up the mantle a bit...
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just got back