PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player wish list
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Player wish list  (Read 13245 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Player wish list
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »

Greg young, past it.

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:33 PM »

Don't think it's age just a total lack of confidence

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »

Reeves and Watmore are on contract

Reeves has a clause that he can leave on a free if a league club offers him a contract.

Watmore could easily go to a league one club (admittedly we would receive somewhere in the region of £100k compensation)

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »

Watmore's in the middle of a degree still isn't he? It'd take a lot of money to persuade him to throw away the money he's already spent trying to get it.

Bath Alty

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

Gk Stu, McMillian as cover & Ried for the future, sorted

RB Densmore & Leather as cover, sorted
LB Buzz & Leather as cover, needs to be improved
CB Havern and Leather, Rogers emergency cover, needs one more quality centre half, let Hall go

LM Clee, Buzz as cover if we get new first choice LB  Don't rate Lawrie as LM - is Grimshaw good enough as cover?
RM Richman, Lawrie / Watmore as cover, sorted
CM Boshell (hopefully), Moult, Rogers as cover  need more - could be new CM or new RM so Richman can play in the middle

CF Reeves, Watmore , Lawrie as cover needs one more.

So thats a new LB, CB, RM or CM and a big strong centre forward.  I think the ones in bold are signed up (Stu might not technically have signed anything but there's no doubt there is there?).

Releasing Hall, Lacey (sorry but need to strengthen so this seasons subs will have to go), Mitchely, Brooke to fund it on one out one in basis (plus Boshell) but hopefully cup money allows the new players to be better & therefore probably on more than the outgoing ones.

Don't see enough of other teams to suggest names but I think those are the priorities.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:55 PM »

CB Havern and Leather, Rogers emergency cover, needs one more quality centre half, let Hall go

LM Clee, Buzz as cover if we get new first choice LB  Don't rate Lawrie as LM - is Grimshaw good enough as cover?
CM Boshell (hopefully), Moult, Rogers as cover  need more - could be new CM or new RM so Richman can play in the middle

So thats a new LB, CB, RM or CM and a big strong centre forward.  I think the ones in bold are signed up (Stu might not technically have signed anything but there's no doubt there is there?).

Releasing Hall, Lacey (sorry but need to strengthen so this seasons subs will have to go), Mitchely, Brooke to fund it on one out one in basis (plus Boshell) but hopefully cup money allows the new players to be better & therefore probably on more than the outgoing ones.

Don't see enough of other teams to suggest names but I think those are the priorities.

I would agree with most of that. I've a feeling that Brooke still has something to offer though. Not sure why though and I think Buzz has improved as the season's gone on so if he carries that on next year and doesn't pick up an injury I'd be happy

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »

pretty much spot on imo

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 07:22:31 AM »

Only change I would make is Collister instead of Mcmillan, I really rate Collister and he is young.
Collister is our signed player. McMillan is only on loan.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »

Only change I would make is Collister instead of Mcmillan, I really rate Collister and he is young.
Collister is our signed player. McMillan is only on loan.
Wrong! Joe Collister was until injury and Tony McMillan was our player!

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 07:51:20 AM »

I agree the quality needs to be CB, CM and CF ...we have a lot of cover players such as mitch lacey & hall who could go and lee will have to decide which of Rodgers, moult, lawrie, leather & brooke we need to keep as cover and which he really wants as first choice/strong bench....personally I'd keep moult lawrie and leather.

Wonder how good greg young would be alongside Havern?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »

I'd love us to sign Luke Waterfall from Gainsborough, he was one of the best CH's in the league last year and his contract is up. Unfortunately, Greg is past his best now. There will be plenty of clubs after him and other Gainsborough players like D Laryea who is also a very good defensive midfielder.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »

I agree the quality needs to be CB, CM and CF ...we have a lot of cover players such as mitch lacey & hall who could go and lee will have to decide which of Rodgers, moult, lawrie, leather & brooke we need to keep as cover and which he really wants as first choice/strong bench....personally I'd keep moult lawrie and leather.

Wonder how good greg young would be alongside Havern?

Moult lawrie and leather have signed for next year so I doubt they will go rodgers can play a couplle of positions so is worth keeping , need another left sided player as well as cb., cm amd cf.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »

Current Squad 2013/14

Leather
Lawrie
Moult
Reeves
Watmore

Have I missed one?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »

Current Squad 2013/14

Leather
Lawrie
Moult
Reeves
Watmore

Have I missed one?

Richman ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »

B4D, Pukka Pieman,

On what basis is Greg Young not up to it? I don't doubt he could be as good as he was 4 years ago but he was fine when he came back to us last time, a little rusty yes as you would be when you've been sat on York's bench all season but he improved us and it went down hill when York recalled him.

One game at Gainsborough when he got too giddy about playing against Reevesy for the first time and got too tight to him? Hardly think so, you wouldn't have signed Waterfall D'Lareya or any of the Gainsborough players on that night's performance. He looked perfectly solid when they shut us out at Moss Lane in December.

I'm not saying he's as wonderful as I still think he is(!) but I tell you what, he wouldn't have been bullied all over the place by Jefferson Louis on Sunday, I'll promise you that.

Signing him might keep Reevesy sweet as well  :)

p.s. agee with you about D'Lareya and Waterfall being decent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player wish list