PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Friday wasn't needed
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friday wasn't needed  (Read 5682 times)

Rich

Re: Friday wasn't needed
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »

I think the £1.5 million quid off Man Utd will have helped their finances. Given their investment in the club you can't complain about someone investing in Burton. The stewarding issue and sharing with Derby, doesn't it make sense to save a few bob? Even if they are the most nazified of them all?

Crawley is an altogether different kettle of fish.

I agree with you, investment isn't a bad thing, and Burton have been worth their wares with 1.5 million. But how far does that go? New ground, expensive squad, high overheads (other than squad) etc etc? Its not like burton will guarentee another man u every few years, theyre not in the league yet, no guarentee they will be. To me its mercenary investment, will they still be there in 4 years when the club feels more like a burden? even being in the league won't help (see rushden and kiddy fiddlers), cant last forever.

My point is rich, their investment has been good for the club, and much more efficient than most in the conference. But if we can muster sewards, and decent ones at that, why cant they? money saving is bollocks, we wrote the book in this league and stewards aren't a big chapter.

Do they get special treatment? In my opinion, yes. Do Crawley? Yes, fact! Is the conference corrupt? Does Moules sh*t in the woods!

Mercenary Investment? Methinks not. If I win the lottery tomorrow, and give Morecambe 5 million quid to get nito the league, is that MErcenary investment?

If the plug goes on Burton, or infact my team Morecambe, they'll still be a football club there due to the investement in a successful youth system and shiny new stands that will hold us all for years to come.

The difference between that, the continung events at Northwich, Crawley, Weymouth and possibly Rushden getting added to that list, are enormous.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Friday wasn't needed