News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 and we were only joking!

Author Topic: and we were only joking!  (Read 4070 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
and we were only joking!
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:41:30 AM »

Today at the reserves match a few of us were commenting on the attendance at northwich today one quip being i don't want to help boost their crowd to 821, obviously this would be a terrible attendance for a confrence side in the Quater finals of the FA trophy but lo and behold todays attendance was even worse than that 810!!!!

and even crazier than the attendance is the fact Ben connett got man of the match for and i quote "a superb penalty save and general all round solid performance" madness, if northwich get a crowd of less than 900 next match their total for the past three games will be under 3,000 which is what they surely need to be getting every game to sustain Full time football.

It makes me so freaking angry that clubs work beyond their means so blatantly surely the league can see it is ruining the game at this level and should hold a higher penalty than -10 points for administration which as we see at crawley is just not enough!

Oh and another note on Forest green and the "incident" last week, Any man who wears tights should be immasculated to the point wherehe cannot see a pair without wetting himself and breaking down into tears, Never mind defended by the T**ts in Admin!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: and we were only joking!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:44:42 AM »

indeed upon looking at the past attendances for V*cs they got 773 against Forest Green 1290 against us and 810 against gravesend, absolute madness

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 10:04:04 AM »

Leroy Chambers wore tights at Whitby once, scored all 4 if my memory seves me? I could live with that!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 11:24:31 AM »

I don't mind any player of ours wearing hosiery if they can get us out of a tight spot!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:21:09 PM by Altysmiffy »

fgrfan

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 12:03:30 PM »

the incident regarding the tites at forest green was that danny carey-bertram came on as a sub in the 63rd minute and was wearing thermals that keep muscles warm seen as he has had recent muscle strains. the fourth official allowed him to wear them and he has been allowed to wear them by referees in recent forest green matches. however ten minutes in to play the referee decided that he did not wish DCB to wear them so he was ordered off the field of play to take them off despite the fact that a well known Premier League footballer was wearing exactly the same tites in a FA Cup match the next day. When DCB was off the field Northwich got their first goal and Forest Green have asked for the referee to describe his actions to the Conference board. Forest Green have also notified the FA and Conference so that every other clubs HAS NOW BEEN WARNED about these tites so no other club will suffer from what happened to Forest Green away at Northwich.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 12:23:34 PM »

Don't tell anyone I said this (ir give me any Peakes for that matter!), but I have a certain degree of sympathy for FGR on this one.  However, they should not replay the match for this. The ref should get a talking to, however.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »

oh i dnt disagree with you smiffy its just the thought of these ponces wearing tights!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »

Without wishing to turn this into some kind of dodgy cross-dressing thread I believe a lot of this sort of stuff is almost fashion related, players wearing tights, gloves etc. Ten years or so back it was cycling shorts. Then there was the t shirt under the shirt with the silly slogan.

How often though as a contrary thought do you see keepers in trackie bottoms these days? Hmmm.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

vicsfan

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 03:21:54 PM »

longsdenjr what has it got to do with you how many fans turn up at the vs  >:(.   as for ben connett man of the match award no it should of gone to m.carr and oh yes we are in the semi finals AGAIN

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »

actually to say again is quite poor its been 11 years, it has nothing to do with me just humours me that your attendance is so low and angers me that your quite blatantly having the piss taken out of you by someone, i don't want to see vics go bump next year when they fail to fullfill connetts ambitions and he walks away, having vics about makes me happy to be an alty fan!

in all seriousness vicsfan surely you can see that even with 1000*15 is only 15,000 which when looked at £500 per player (which will be a very conservative guess) is 30 players in your squad. then the bills on top need paying backroom staff, it is a false economy FACT

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »

Oh yes the Semi Finals, Well Done ... What Trophy do you get for getting to that round again ?

vicsfan

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 06:28:18 PM »

longsdenjr yes I agree with you the gate yesterday was very very poor and I for one dont know what else vics can do to get more support, as for players on 500 pounds per week fair play to them. as for mr connett who knows what he is going to do next? back to the game yesterday has to be one the best team displays this season.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48:40 PM »

"longsdenjr what has it got to do with you how many fans turn up at the vs"

Forgive us but we'll take about what we like on our own forum..it passes the time of day.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 04:39:43 AM »

There has always been a risk that a player taking to the field with tights on will be asked to remove them.

So Peake has done no-one any favours by making us all aware of the rules we all knew existed anyway...jumped up pompous so and so.

Like quick free kicks, some refs allow them some don't.

But surely FGRfan isn't advocating we change the rules when we find an odd one that makes no sense and is open to different interpretations?? I seem to remember a quite different rules are rules stance whne the boot was on the other foot?

I think FGR should be relegated for flouting this clearly stated law of the game..for the good of the game of course.

Ricky Harris used to wear cycling shorts....tacksuits for keepers, jumpers for goalposts...isn't it?..mmmmmmarvelous.

Vics just show what a ridiculous league this is.....boys playing at soldiers even though they can't afford the correct equipment (just like real life). We should set up a breakawy Cheshire super league I reckon....part time of course.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 and we were only joking!