PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Signings
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Northwich Signings  (Read 7147 times)

markecky

Re: Northwich Signings
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »

If you are asking me out in a round about way then forget it.  I'm married thanks.

VofD

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »

They are nailed on to be next, as confguiders would say.  Don't tell them though as it will spoil things...

Here is a sneak preview for those not well versed in Maunderism.

1) "The town must back us"...the fab four appeal as despite good results and vics best first half of the season since1964, they still average 845

2) Fab four must select an unrealistic crowd figure as a target in the next statement.  " we need x,xxx (usually 2,000) just to break even"

3) Fab four issue "we can't fund it forever, we are just people who love football, we are not millionaires"

4) Budget cut, Dino walks  "unkept promises, a sad day, I love these fans and this club, it breaks my heart (for a week at least)

5) Appeal for investors.  Nones forthcoming

6) Club up for sale

Rest is in hands of the Gods.

One big downfall of Alty is that many associated with the club, from Graham Heathcote up  ;D are obsessed with clubs around them, not least Vics. You just worry about your own club, we'll worry about ours.

...or are you just looking for next season's rescue package already?   :-\

She says....on the Alty forum..

Copy and paste it love..its nailed on

I just logged on to correct the mistake made at the beginning of this thread and then got to reading some others!

Does looking at a local club's forum once in a while make me obsessed? Ermmm....I'd say no.

...and don't call me love, it's a bit presumptious. Don't believe everything behind a forum name, but hey Big Boy I'm game if you are.  :-*

Many Happy Returns for your 75th birthday next Monday. ;D ;D ;D

altyf

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »

They'll be a force next season that's for sure...it will of course all end in tears.

Is that a prediction for your season's end?  ;)
Again?  ???
I feel like we're the only club with any sense here...are you not concerned in the slightest about all the money you're spending. I don't mean to get into a debate about crowds etc etc, but it just doesn't make sense on 800 average home att. I praised Dino for the turn around at Vics and it really was an incredible achievement...but don't give us a hard time about getting reprieves when you could be the club going into administration next.

altyf

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 10:30:07 PM »

They are nailed on to be next, as confguiders would say.  Don't tell them though as it will spoil things...

1) "The town must back us"...the fab four appeal as despite good results and vics best first half of the season since1964, they still average 845

2) Fab four must select an unrealistic crowd figure as a target in the next statement.  " we need x,xxx (usually 2,000) just to break even"

3) Fab four issue "we can't fund it forever, we are just people who love football, we are not millionaires"

4) Budget cut, Dino walks  "unkept promises, a sad day, I love these fans and this club, it breaks my heart (for a week at least)

6) Club up for sale

One big downfall of Alty is that many associated with the club, from Graham Heathcote up  ;D are obsessed with clubs around them, not least Vics. You just worry about your own club, we'll worry about ours.

Maybe the obsession stems from clubs like you buying yourself a place in the league with money you don't have.

Vics Chick

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »

They'll be a force next season that's for sure...it will of course all end in tears.

Is that a prediction for your season's end?  ;)
Again?  ???
I feel like we're the only club with any sense here...are you not concerned in the slightest about all the money you're spending. I don't mean to get into a debate about crowds etc etc, but it just doesn't make sense on 800 average home att. I praised Dino for the turn around at Vics and it really was an incredible achievement...but don't give us a hard time about getting reprieves when you could be the club going into administration next.

I'm not sure he was giving you a hard time about the reprieve he was merely suggesting your season might end in tears just as the previous poster was suggesting ours will.

Check out the Vics forum occasionally. I think you'll find many have sympathy with Halifax but none particularly think you've been "saved" or are "giving you a hard time" about it.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 10:37:52 PM »

Hey Vics Chick, how's about a photo ::)

f**k me if I'm going to get Peaked to sh*t I might as well make it worthwhile.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Vics Chick

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »

6) Club up for sale

Maybe the obsession stems from clubs like you buying yourself a place in the league with money you don't have.

Well at least you've now admitted to it. That's a start.

Vics Chick

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »

Hey Vics Chick, how's about a photo ::)

f**k me if I'm going to get Peaked to sh*t I might as well make it worthwhile.

:-*

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »

Nice reply! You have passed the test. ;D
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 11:04:06 PM »

Hope whatever you typed in google to get that image doesn't come back up next time someone searches  ;D

Narcissist

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 11:23:06 PM »

6) Club up for sale

She says....on the Alty forum..

Copy and paste it love..its nailed on

I just logged on to correct the mistake made at the beginning of this thread and then got to reading some others!

Does looking at a local club's forum once in a while make me obsessed? Ermmm....I'd say no.

...and don't call me love, it's a bit presumptious. Don't believe everything behind a forum name, but hey Big Boy I'm game if you are.  :-*

Riiiiiiight!

I think you have just about sold yourself as a well rounded individual whose opinion is worthy and informed. On the other hand you could be seen as another hick from the salt mine.

We're in the same league as you. We dont care what you think. We did it, we deserve it, we'll laugh when you fall next year.

See you on boxing day inbred!

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »

Anyway banter aside, back to their actual signings, Paul Barratt is meant to be a great talent and a quality attacking left back,  now one of his best mates quite well and he was sure he would move on to much bigger things after southport (which was a big let down since we was at liverpool i think before that). So i think if all the hype is true that vics have prized a great left back, one which we could have done with! Especially as he lives locally in warrington i think.

markecky

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »

If the grapevine is to be believed, we were in for him but lost out Vics.  I wonder why!

Bucko

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 08:26:32 AM »

we've also signed ritchie sutton from stafford, luckily we can throw big money at these superstars and hopefully keep them up! Despite the fact that megabucks stafford offered Sutton more money than us
And it also appears from this thread alone that anytime we make any signings we are buying our survival which makes no sense!!
As ive posted on other forums, since dinos arrival he has cut the wage bill by 3k and has been told to look for young ambitious players from leagues below, which he has done in the majority of his signings this season and last.

louise1925

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 09:29:59 AM »

Megabucks Stafford??? You're having a laugh!!! They're as broke as we are! It is indeed an excellent policy to sign talented players from lower leagues and in Paul Barrett you have a quality left sided player far too good for non league football. However, don't delude yourself that these guys come cheap, because they don't. You know as well as we do where it will probably all lead, but I hope you enjoy the ride and it helps bring more fans through the gates.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Signings