PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Signings
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Northwich Signings  (Read 7148 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Northwich Signings
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »

They've already signed a left back from Southport and I've  heard that they will be siginging Seddon from Bridge. Fek me how big a squad are they aiming for?
Full time and proud of it

markecky

Re: Northwich Signings
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 07:42:46 PM »

When money is no object..shopping is easier

Vics Chick

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:48:22 PM »

They've already signed a left back from Southport and I've  heard that they will be siginging Seddon from Bridge. Fek me how big a squad are they aiming for?

Seddon plays for Hyde  ;)

As for the size of our squad...we curently have nine players officially signed up for next season. I wouldn't say that was excessive, would you?

altyf

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:14:35 PM »

They'll be a force next season that's for sure...it will of course all end in tears.

am_nvfc

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »

They'll be a force next season that's for sure...it will of course all end in tears.

Is that a prediction for your season's end?  ;)
Again?  ???

louise1925

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 08:27:24 PM »

Unfortunately Moss Lane Man, I agree with you on both counts! But at least they'll have one hell of a ride and I really envy them that.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »

They are nailed on to be next, as confguiders would say.  Don't tell them though as it will spoil things...

Here is a sneak preview for those not well versed in Maunderism.

1) "The town must back us"...the fab four appeal as despite good results and vics best first half of the season since1964, they still average 845

2) Fab four must select an unrealistic crowd figure as a target in the next statement.  " we need x,xxx (usually 2,000) just to break even"

3) Fab four issue "we can't fund it forever, we are just people who love football, we are not millionaires"

4) Budget cut, Dino walks  "unkept promises, a sad day, I love these fans and this club, it breaks my heart (for a week at least)

5) Appeal for investors.  Nones forthcoming

6) Club up for sale

Rest is in hands of the Gods.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »

Is that a prediction for your season's end?  ;)
Again?  ???

We are in the same league like or not and yes we are tears, tears of joy that we have been reprieved, unfortunately though at the expense of Halifax, I so wish it was Crawley and not Halifax, for some reason I have always had a soft spot for Halifax.

louise1925

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »

Does anybody else think that Halifax will not be the last to exit our league unceremoniously this season? I think there is a clear agenda emerging from the football league downwards to come down hard on teams who can't keep their books in order. I really wouldn't be surprised if either, or even both Stafford and Droylsden get reprieved.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »

I would argue it is HM Revenue rather than the league. They have come down hard on Fax and effectively set a precedent to ALL football clubs. Just wait and see what happens next time a 'Leeds' situation occurs !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Vics Chick

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »

They are nailed on to be next, as confguiders would say.  Don't tell them though as it will spoil things...

1) "The town must back us"...the fab four appeal as despite good results and vics best first half of the season since1964, they still average 845

2) Fab four must select an unrealistic crowd figure as a target in the next statement.  " we need x,xxx (usually 2,000) just to break even"

3) Fab four issue "we can't fund it forever, we are just people who love football, we are not millionaires"

4) Budget cut, Dino walks  "unkept promises, a sad day, I love these fans and this club, it breaks my heart (for a week at least)

6) Club up for sale

One big downfall of Alty is that many associated with the club, from Graham Heathcote up  ;D are obsessed with clubs around them, not least Vics. You just worry about your own club, we'll worry about ours.

...or are you just looking for next season's rescue package already?   :-\

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 08:57:53 PM »

You are correct Vics Chick, we do 'worry' excessively about other clubs, but we also get a fair number of visitors on our forum 'worrying' about us!

markecky

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »

6) Club up for sale

One big downfall of Alty is that many associated with the club, from Graham Heathcote up  ;D are obsessed with clubs around them, not least Vics. You just worry about your own club, we'll worry about ours.

...or are you just looking for next season's rescue package already?   :-\

She says....on the Alty forum..

Copy and paste it love..its nailed on

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »

Chick -Yes, maybe we are a bit obsessed and that is not a healthy thing, but clubs keep spending money they don't have to finsih above us and then go belly up and keep reprieving us
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Vics Chick

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »

6) Club up for sale

One big downfall of Alty is that many associated with the club, from Graham Heathcote up  ;D are obsessed with clubs around them, not least Vics. You just worry about your own club, we'll worry about ours.

...or are you just looking for next season's rescue package already?   :-\

She says....on the Alty forum..

Copy and paste it love..its nailed on

I just logged on to correct the mistake made at the beginning of this thread and then got to reading some others!

Does looking at a local club's forum once in a while make me obsessed? Ermmm....I'd say no.

...and don't call me love, it's a bit presumptious. Don't believe everything behind a forum name, but hey Big Boy I'm game if you are.  :-*

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Signings