PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fabulous gesture by the York City Squad
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fabulous gesture by the York City Squad  (Read 7135 times)

Trickster

Re: Fabulous gesture by the York City Squad
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »

Who asked you?

The same person who asked the many Alty fans who are appearing on the Vics forum on a regular basis.

Just an observation but last season when we were on top in the league (wrt to Alty, not in absolute terms!!) there wasn't a peep out of your guys on the forum. During the early parts of this season when you thought we were going to be liquidated or going into administration, and hence would be no threat in your relegation battle, you posted quite a few times; without exception to show sympathy for our plight. However, since NYD, you (and I mean you as a collective bunch) have been posting quite regularly, a lot of it derogatory (not all it should be said as some of you show a reasonable amount of intelligence).

Then there's the Conference Forum, where some Alty fan will spring up on a daily basis to write some jibe at Vics, however ill-informed it might be.

Like I say just an observation. But I find it strange that you've suddenly found your voice. How about you concentrate on your own problems; you're far from safe yet, and we'll concentrate on ours (we KNOW we're miles from safety).

;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 09:05:15 PM »

Who asked you?

The same person who asked the many Alty fans who are appearing on the Vics forum on a regular basis.

Just an observation but last season when we were on top in the league (wrt to Alty, not in absolute terms!!) there wasn't a peep out of your guys on the forum. During the early parts of this season when you thought we were going to be liquidated or going into administration, and hence would be no threat in your relegation battle, you posted quite a few times; without exception to show sympathy for our plight. However, since NYD, you (and I mean you as a collective bunch) have been posting quite regularly, a lot of it derogatory (not all it should be said as some of you show a reasonable amount of intelligence).

Then there's the Conference Forum, where some Alty fan will spring up on a daily basis to write some jibe at Vics, however ill-informed it might be.

Like I say just an observation. But I find it strange that you've suddenly found your voice. How about you concentrate on your own problems; you're far from safe yet, and we'll concentrate on ours (we KNOW we're miles from safety).

;)

I think having to stand next to your lot on New Years Day whilst being gloated at that we were going down etc for a lot of the game may have got peoples backs up a bit.  ;)

Trickster

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »

Who asked you?

;)

I think having to stand next to your lot on New Years Day whilst being gloated at that we were going down etc for a lot of the game may have got peoples backs up a bit.  ;)

It's called irony!....or possibly delusion!! At the time you were still (and still are!!!) above us in the league so you shouldn't have had such an inferiority complex.

Besides, isn't that what derbies are all about and surely you get chants of "going down" every game? I know we do!! As for "shooting the Alty scum"; we'd have used up all our bullets on Witton!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 09:18:10 PM »

...and surely you get chants of "going down" every game?

no no you see people like us

markecky

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »

The only going down chants we have is from you clowns.

I don't why you think we've only started hatng Vics since NYD.  I've been doing it since primary school!

However we would never wish liquidation on anyone.

What we wished for was 4 "businessmen" in jeans and trainers to take over and bite off more than they can chew and gve a contract to nutty Dino.

How lucky we were!

Trickster

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 11:27:26 PM »

The only going down chants we have is from you clowns.

I don't why you think we've only started hatng Vics since NYD.  I've been doing it since primary school!

However we would never wish liquidation on anyone.

What we wished for was 4 "businessmen" in jeans and trainers to take over and bite off more than they can chew and gve a contract to nutty Dino.

How lucky we were!

::) Of course you've always hated us, I know that, the feeling has been quite mutual. The point was that you've only been coming on our forum, being all big and mighty, since NYD.

Jeans and trainers are fine by me. Beats ripped overcoats anyday.

As for nutty Dino, at least he doesn't go around chinning our fans and having stand up arguments with them.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:32:06 PM by Trickster »

markecky

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 11:30:38 PM »

No he patronises you and uses the press to try and win favour with quotes like "this win was for our marvellous fans".

Whats marvelous about some of the most fickle fans in the league?  You drop to 400 if you are not winning.

Admittedly thats better than chinning people..I'll give you that..but its still a bit sickly.

Trickster

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:16 PM »

No he patronises you and uses the press to try and win favour with quotes like "this win was for our marvellous fans".

Whats marvelous about some of the most fickle fans in the league?  You drop to 400 if you are not winning.

Admittedly thats better than chinning people..I'll give you that..but its still a bit sickly.

What and Heathcote isn't patronising? He patronises your players on a daily basis going on about their (rapidly changing) part-time status all the time. It's January, your players have been playing week-in, week-out since July and can last 90 minutes of football. If they can't, they really should be re-evaluting their choice of career. The "part-time" thing doesn't cut it any more. It's nothing to do with that it's to do with the rest of the league having better teams than Alty and Vics (and the other three!).

markecky

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »

Oh I see..so someone who trains 4 days week will not be fitter than someone who trains 4 hours?

I was unaware. Thanks for enlightening me.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »

My turn :)

Lets do some 'facts' .. I suggest you post a few more things on your forum as these 'stats' are very good reading for us... And if you don't want these stats we can talk about Football, where I believe we are better also ?? (Yeah I'm bored)

So which one is Alty and which is Vic's do you reckon  ??

Average registrations per day: 2.66
Average posts per day: 57.18
Average topics per day: 5.85
Total Boards: 10
Latest Member: Andy Simpson
Average online per day: 56.87
Male to Female Ratio: 6.2:1
Average page views per day: 2369.87

Total Members: 375
Total Posts: 16742
Total Topics: 1688
Total Categories: 2
Users Online: 49
Most Online: 123 - October 10, 2007, 22:50:57 
Online Today: 51
Total page views: 713331

------------------

Average registrations per day: 1.51
Average posts per day: 80.81
Average topics per day: 8.79
Total Boards: 6
Latest Member: The Sheriff
Average online per day: 45.09
Male to Female Ratio: 15.2:1
Average page views per day: 6004.39

Total Members: 727
Total Posts: 36014
Total Topics: 3717
Total Categories: 1
Users Online: 28
Most Online: 170 - October 15, 2007, 02:36:56 am
Online Today: 49
Total page views: 3002195

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »

the magnitude of the gesture rather depends on when they made the decision though!   ;)

Irrelevant!

It's not irrelevant at all. There is a big difference between saying "if you fancy going to the game tonight we'll pay for your ticket" and saying "well seeing as you're here, we'll pay for your ticket" knowing how many fans are going to turn up.

Now we know what really happened, it wasn't exactly a "fabulous" gesture. More a nice thought. Still commendable, but not quite how the original post makes it out to be.

However, if the minibus of 8 Northwich Vics fans crashed on the way to an away game and you were all killed you know that no-one who runs your club would give a sh*t because you club is a load of corrupt bankrupt sh*te.

So I'm quite happy with the gesture thanks.

Narcissist

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 02:24:52 PM »

You are right, we were concerned with your liquidation. Mainly because it could have hampered the opportunity to play you over christmas. It wasnt exactly the time for slating you. In the same manner none of your dribbling idiots came on here barking on about the usual green slime nonsense.

The minute you appeared to be safe enough nobody on here could care less and we slowly got back to our usual level of hatred for all things green and white. It was long before NYD, and it didnt take that long for your idiots (present company included) to return here. It doesnt exactly take an expert to analyse why it unfolded that way.

When you were above us in the league last season we were laughing anyway because we were waiting for your bubble to burst. We just didnt realise how spectacularly you would get shafted!

You are embarrasing on all fronts and we will forever more be a better club than you. Good luck next season at Workington!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Well said all, nothing worse than dribbling Vics fans coming on here sticking their nose in  ... ;)

Trickster

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »

Well said all, nothing worse than dribbling Vics fans coming on here sticking their nose in  ... ;)

I fully understand that sentiment. Perhaps you could return the favour?

FAO Markecky, players don't train for the full four days you know.  ::) And yes players who train longer will be fitter, hoewever, there is a minimum threshold below which that fitness won't really be manifest. I really can't be arsed to go into the finer details of exercise metabolism and physiology with you. Keep using it as an excuse for as long as you like. You've improved recently because you've bought in BETTER players.

Anyway, now you understand that it's quite annoying having Vics fans "sticking their noses in". That was the goal of this whole exercise so I shall leave you in peace. Farewell my red and white striped friends.   :-X

Narcissist

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »

I fully understand that sentiment. Perhaps you could return the favour?

FAO Markecky, players don't train for the full four days you know.  ::) And yes players who train longer will be fitter, hoewever, there is a minimum threshold below which that fitness won't really be manifest. I really can't be arsed to go into the finer details of exercise metabolism and physiology with you. Keep using it as an excuse for as long as you like. You've improved recently because you've bought in BETTER players.

Anyway, now you understand that it's quite annoying having Vics fans "sticking their noses in". That was the goal of this whole exercise so I shall leave you in peace. Farewell my red and white striped friends.   :-X

There is also the fact that 'BETTER' players tend to be full-time which we are not. Hence we cannot always attract 'BETTER' players. So the part-time thing does wash doesn't it.

Perhaps we should just offer ridiculous money to players with no intention of ever paying them in full, or even if we do to just borrow the money and never pay that back. Obviously it would make us a shambolic laughing stock, but hey, it worked for you lot, you're absolutely flying up that table with all those BETTER players!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fabulous gesture by the York City Squad