PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its time to close ranks...............
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Its time to close ranks...............  (Read 7256 times)

Alex

Re: Its time to close ranks...............
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 06:26:51 PM »

Is Logan a good enough finisher to play up front (he had a couple of shots off target against Vics)?

i don't mean to throw a spanner in the works here but i have seen nothing to suggest that logan is a good enough finisher to play up front, now i honestly ask you what shots you have seen from carlos that haven't gone high over the net and looking more like rugby conversions than shots on goal. now a good point was made earlier about him getting into the final 3rd of the pitch and yes i agree that with more support (i think in one case we had 2 on 2 and carlos just couldn't find that ball to release robbie, who when the attack started was the furthest man away from logan) we might get more than we have out of carlos but i think we are best leaving him on the wing where we can exploit his pace and skill at beating players.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »

Lets get it staright who would be better up front in our current suqad??    NO ONE!

::)

Alex

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 06:38:44 PM »

then play 2 strikers who are actually strikers play little and o'niell and see what happens, and before the anti joe o'niell camp start there finger stretches in preperation for paragraph after paragraph of reasons why they think joe is crap, i ask you whats the diffrence between putting the boot in when joe is a player low on confidence, and carlos who people claim shouldn't be critisied because it doesn't help his confidence. joe did a decent job for us last season and if i remember correctly was voted on this fourm as the player of the season, and i doubt it was some sort of mass helousination that caused us to see things that weren't there. when he came off the bench on wednesday he looked hungry chasing down the vics defenders who had the ball and rushing them into clearences that we failed to exploit when we didn't win the ball that resulted. i say give him a chance, can he really do any worse than we already are doing?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 06:39:39 PM »

Is Logan a good enough finisher to play up front (he had a couple of shots off target against Vics)?

i don't mean to throw a spanner in the works here but i have seen nothing to suggest that logan is a good enough finisher to play up front, now i honestly ask you what shots you have seen from carlos that haven't gone high over the net and looking more like rugby conversions than shots on goal. now a good point was made earlier about him getting into the final 3rd of the pitch and yes i agree that with more support (i think in one case we had 2 on 2 and carlos just couldn't find that ball to release robbie, who when the attack started was the furthest man away from logan) we might get more than we have out of carlos but i think we are best leaving him on the wing where we can exploit his pace and skill at beating players.

Whilst Little and Senior are better I think Logan did really well when came on and played up front against Weymouth.

Alex

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 06:49:48 PM »

my ponit is ballers the only time i have seen carlos in front of goal and looking like scoring was against runcorn, who no offence to them are a team in the north west counties division one. thats why in my own opinion i don't think he is good enough to play up front and i say keep him on the wing doing what he does.

Butty

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 07:01:45 PM »

Sorry James but you really do need to pay attention, not only to your english, but your maths it seems as well
lane  1
tinno 2
sedge(as u sed) 3
peyton4

mid
whalley (last chance)5
lawton 6
logan 7

o niell 8
little 9
macfadden10
A keeper should speak for itself 

and where the f**k is senior

Wow you really astonish me with your stupidity. You call yourself an alty fan, if you are, where were you on wednesday? Or did 1,850 other people coincidentally see the same hallucination of senoir being sent off, which you didn't see. This means that he receives something called a ban. A ban is where you are not allowed to do something, in this case play, for a certain amount of time, this time 3 games.

Or are all these big words too scary for you?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 07:22:23 PM by Butty »

Alex

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »

You call yourself an alty fan, if you are, where were you on wednesday?

james was too busy jumping on the pitch and jesturing towards the northwich fans at full time and then wrestling with stewards to notice a red card had been shown

markecky

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »

Lets forget all the other stuff.

James Black is turning out to be the highlight of the season.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its time to close ranks...............