PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott your time is running out......
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sinnott your time is running out......  (Read 7200 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sinnott your time is running out......
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:20 PM »

As an aside, had we won the 3 games against the virtually relegated sides like we should have done.I would have taken a point at Gloucester on a Tuesday night, but not when we so desperately need a result as our near rivals were busy winning on the same night.

JDN

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:42 PM »

The farce continues

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »

As an aside, had we won the 3 games against the virtually relegated sides like we should have done.I would have taken a point at Gloucester on a Tuesday night, but not when we so desperately need a result as our near rivals were busy winning on the same night.

Spot on.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:48 PM »

Sorry,

Whether you are a fan of Lee Sinnott or not this is a quite bizarre thread, probably a convenient vehicle for some people to vent their spleen be that individually or collectively.

There are people who post on here who will support the Manager whatever (and have been for Managers past as well) and also those who would be dissatisfied if he won promotion, the FA Trophy and the National Lottery. When we win the former are in the majority and when we don't it is the latter.

Do we know that Duncan Watmore was "rested" or did he maybe have a bit of an injury?

Was our alternative penalty taker on the FoP when we won the Penalty? and tbh who takes a penalty tends to be decided by those on the pitch at the time. For example (and it still pains me) When we got the Penalty against Luton in the Cup only Warren Peyton volunteered.

As my mate in the pub said tonight...have you gone four without a win or two unbeaten?

Robins Retweet

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 12:01:03 AM »

Sorry,

Whether you are a fan of Lee Sinnott or not this is a quite bizarre thread, probably a convenient vehicle for some people to vent their spleen be that individually or collectively.

There are people who post on here who will support the Manager whatever (and have been for Managers past as well) and also those who would be dissatisfied if he won promotion, the FA Trophy and the National Lottery. When we win the former are in the majority and when we don't it is the latter.

Do we know that Duncan Watmore was "rested" or did he maybe have a bit of an injury?

Was our alternative penalty taker on the FoP when we won the Penalty? and tbh who takes a penalty tends to be decided by those on the pitch at the time. For example (and it still pains me) When we got the Penalty against Luton in the Cup only Warren Peyton volunteered.

As my mate in the pub said tonight...have you gone four without a win or two unbeaten?

firstly phil you shouldnt have to say sorry before a post, but i must say sinnot is becoming increasingly undefendable and does actually make big errors of judgement then tries to overlook them with excuses in his 'excellant' interviews, i just hope we dont get to hate him as much as the port vale fans do.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 12:30:14 AM »

Muzzled......

Let's not confuse 'hate' with opinions on whether or not the manager is a good manager, a poor manager, or an indifferent manager.

Lee Sinnott's record is not as good as we should expect from him, and maybe he will agree with that assessment. Everyone is disappointed with how the season seems to be slipping away; but a manager needs to be guilty of much more serious 'atrocities' than overseeing an under-performing football club before becoming a hate figure.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:34:50 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 07:31:10 AM »

Football is a game of fine margins, a side going up nicks that unflatteringly 0-1, we miss yet another penalty.I don't want examples or excuses, I'll base that on two other promotion candidates winning there in recent weeks. For me we haven't stood up as soon as the pressure is on.You can say we took burton apart away from, yes we did, and we were under no pressure to get anything from the game.We stopped playing as soon as we got in the top 5, the manager can shoulder some blame, but so can the players.I blew my fuse after Workington as it became apparent to me it was another false dawn, and Saturday finished the season for me. These clubs that get 300 and charge a tenner must be pissing their sides at the fact that with what we've got at our disposal we've never spent more than about 3 weeks in two seasons in the top 5, never got above fourth and nowhere remotely near the top 3 and have 12 competent players.

This sums it all up for me-2 very disappointing seasons and yet we will all be here next year.

Sadly history dictates that we won't, the crowds have held up fantastically for two very moderate seasons, but just like last time we got stuck here, they will drop if we have a third season down here. The set up here is deserving of far more than what's been served up.The least we expected was to hit the ground running after relegation, then expectations had to be reassessed and we saw what we thought was a season of consolidation and rebuilding.This season has been much of the same, out of the title race within a month, no long winning run as is needed to establish a challenge, and stuttering along near enough but never really challenging....

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:52 AM »

I think what most fans are irate about is that after a poor early season we seemed to have sorted out our problems and rose to the heights of the promotion places. We then not only went on an inexplicable bad run, but against 4 teams at the bottom of this league. Another false dawn, similar to fans hopes of beating Burton in a replay when in reality we blew our chance right at the end of the first game. It does irritate me that the likes of Chester, Nuneaton and Accrington can hit lower depths than ourselves and yet rise again. As for the suggestion of dropping the league's top scorer - that is ridiculous as what is the point of pissing him off so at the end of the season he pisses off and we wont get a like for like replacement, like happened when Heathcote lost his 5 best players at the end of a season who werent adequately replaced and we got relegated.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 08:07:53 AM »

Sorry,

Whilst Phil I agree to an extent that it does feel like this forum attracts 'those who shout the loudest' I think Lee has now sadly reached a tipping point. I know we always say this forum is also not representative of the whole fanbase but just as an example my old man who is a ST holder and has seen it all and who never posts on here texted me to describe Saturday's performance vs the Taffs as 'absolutely useless' and sounded very depressed by it all. He first saw Alty in the 1950s and when he says something like that then I know something is badly wrong. 2/12 vs Histon, Workington, Colwyn Bay and Gloster is a shambles and not something any of us should easily accept.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 08:21:14 AM »

Hasn't Lee Sinnott already said that Duncan Watmore will not play every game this season due to his age?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 08:22:42 AM »

So everyone thinks we need new manager . o.k WHO

Robins Retweet

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 08:40:40 AM »

Muzzled......

Let's not confuse 'hate' with opinions on whether or not the manager is a good manager, a poor manager, or an indifferent manager.

Lee Sinnott's record is not as good as we should expect from him, and maybe he will agree with that assessment. Everyone is disappointed with how the season seems to be slipping away; but a manager needs to be guilty of much more serious 'atrocities' than overseeing an under-performing football club before becoming a hate figure.

when i say hated i meant in a football way not personal of course, and with all his mstakes i can see why.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »

Hasn't Lee Sinnott already said that Duncan Watmore will not play every game this season due to his age?

Indeed, then why bring him on at all? If he is being rested, rest him, don't make him strip down with 20 to go and then bring him on with 2?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »

Then I should have said, "Hasn't Lee Sinnott already said Duncan Watmore will not start every game this season due to his age?"

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »

There is more chance of someone doing a hamstring coming on in the 88th min due to the fact that he hasnt warmed up properly - If you are going to rest the lad then fkn tell him to stay at home and chill out rather than drag him down to Glos to freeze his nuts off for a couple of hours and expect him to get you a result in 120 seconds -

The only reason managers bring on players at the death is generally to run the clock down NOT in the hope that they are going to win you a match - If you want them to do that then give them at least 15 mins FFS

In my eyes, the Season is over and the decision to hang on to any money obtained from cup runs was made a while ago.

Everyone in the club apart from the manager and D Reeves  is aware that Reeves is sh*te at taking penalties, why oh fkn why do we insist in letting him take them? ANSWER - Lack of a Managerial eye for attention to detail.

Start planning your routes for Workington, Colwyn Bay et al for next season folks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team