PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barcelona? Give it a rest
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Barcelona? Give it a rest  (Read 7146 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »

I know we are meant to love the beautiful game etc, but did anyone actually enjoy the game last night?
Watching 21 men stand in one half of a football pitch, 10 of whom passed the ball around sideways in front of the other 11, really didn't do it for me. I gave up after 40 minutes and went and did something less boring.
Give me Alty anyday!!

markecky

Re: Barcelona? Give it a rest
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:47:49 PM »

Know what you mean but I enjoyed the two centre halves legging it to the ball leaving Drogba free at the back stick to slot it home.

It was very Alty this season...

whopper

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:53:05 PM »

The camp nou is a much bigger pitch, which allows barca to play football the way it should be played, the reason why u think they are boring is the same reason why england are sh*te

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:01:33 PM »

I keep hearing how the nou camp has a much bigger pitch. It's one metre wider and two metres longer. Would that really make such a difference? Or is it psychological because there's more space there between the pitch and the stand?

bumble

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »

I know we are meant to love the beautiful game etc, but did anyone actually enjoy the game last night?
Watching 21 men stand in one half of a football pitch, 10 of whom passed the ball around sideways in front of the other 11, really didn't do it for me. I gave up after 40 minutes and went and did something less boring.
Give me Alty anyday!!

Great game as it proved my point that Barca arent this invincible giant - There will be better sides in the future (It may be a future barca side - or i t may be another club) and there will be better players than Messi

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »

The camp nou is a much bigger pitch, which allows barca to play football the way it should be played, the reason why u think they are boring is the same reason why england are sh*te
Which is??
No-ones questioning their ability, I just find it very boring (as was made clear in my initial post)

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »

Give me Alty anyday!!

Great game as it proved my point that Barca arent this invincible giant - There will be better sides in the future (It may be a future barca side - or i t may be another club) and there will be no better players than AltyMessi

amended

whopper

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »

We dont do possesion football we would rather have peter reid or gareth barry lumping balls up top

Butty

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »

It was less of a good performance from Chelsea and more of Barcelona being poor

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »

I mostly don't watch footy unless is League one or lower.  So much of the game above that that level is predictable. Lad at work said Chelsea V Barcelona last night was OK, but as he's a Villa fan there was no terrific emotional involvement.  Footy needs emotion.

whopper

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »

Its sad that there is resentment of the elite, also its sad that most city/utd fans fail to recognise our level as football at all

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »

For the most part, top flight football just does not interest me, bar a few internationals (and I can't watch England, another thing that doesn't interest me).

I watched the second half last night, found it immensely tedious. Can't wait to be back at Moss Lane and see some proper footy!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

ScoreDaws

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 05:39:27 PM »

Barca will stuff Chelsea 3-0 at the Nou Camp, quality will overcome the blues average abilities.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »

unbeatable barcelona.....2nd in the spanish league....

could be an exciting 2nd leg if chelsea manage to score...messi's display against that german team where he scored two was mesmerising though...I believe they call him barcareevesey.....

whopper

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »

I think that bilbaos demolition of man utd over two legs showed the depth in the spanish la liga, barca and madrid are well away from most clubs with the exeption of bayern munich, but what has suprised everyone who compared it to the rangers celtic situation in scotland is....... spanish football is the best in the world by some way this season!!! Ole ole from madrid alty!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team