PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hyde fc
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hyde fc  (Read 7146 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Hyde fc
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:31:30 PM »

LOCAL NEWS
Manchester City report that "City's unique partnership with Hyde FC will be launched with a special curtain-raiser against the Elite Under-21s at a refurbished Ewen Fields Stadium on Saturday. The game will cement the bond formed between the two clubs, with City beginning a three-year groundsharing and sponsorship deal with our non-league neighbours.
The Blues are to play reserve, Under-21 and selected Academy matches at the Stadium, which has benefited from summer improvements to the ground and to the pitch. City in the Community are also continuing as shirt sponsors for the 2010-11 campaign in the Blue Square Bet North by Hyde FC, who are celebrating their 125th anniversary.

Chief Executive Garry Cook said: 'We are very much looking forward to taking our games to Hyde for the new season. This is a win-win situation for both clubs. Hyde are a fantastic local club with which we have long enjoyed a strong relationship'.

Delighted Hyde Chairman Steve Hartley said: 'We have always had a close relationship with City, and Garry Cook and Life President Bernard Halford have both given us tremendous support during the past few seasons'... City's Phoebe Marshall, the Project Manager, said: 'The ground was looking a bit tired, now it's looking good'". Coincidentally, Hyde recently dropped "United" from their club name.

No mention of also painting there ground blue as well
@AltyDaz

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hyde fc
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:44:57 PM »

I like the bit bit about the long standing strong relationship ?

That's why Manchester United spent a season or two playing their reserves matches there before they returned to a class stadium like Moss Lane !

Typical Garry Cook bullsh*t !

I don't know whether Darren is winding us up, but if they have painted their ground blue that makes the situation all the more laughable

markecky

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »

They have painted the ground blue..thats not a joke.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
@AltyDaz

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »

Amazing before and after pictures. Anyone remember the plastic / elastic pitch ? talk about a high ball, players would wait an eternity for the ball to return to earth, a far cry from todays sinthetic surface. All the best to Hyde though I couldn't imagine Alty in a  red white and black strip to please United  :P

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 10:29:02 PM »

I couldn't imagine Alty in a  red white and black strip to please United  :P

Er, why's that? What colours do we play in at the moment (and for virtuall all the time I've ever known us)?

Or am I missing something here?

;D

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 08:01:24 AM »

Irony Ballers mate  ::) just implying that we have some integrity.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 08:15:06 AM »

Amazing before and after pictures. Anyone remember the plastic / elastic pitch ? talk about a high ball, players would wait an eternity for the ball to return to earth, a far cry from todays sinthetic surface. All the best to Hyde though I couldn't imagine Alty in a  red white and black strip to please United  :P

To be brutally honest, if Utd were willing to spend a few quid on improving the ground facilities etc I would be happy to see the lads trot out wearing white Polka dots and Mauve shorts ....  Not too sure the players would be happy about that though  ;)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 08:30:53 AM »

good on City,the rest of the greedy big boys should be doing the same.
Harold

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 08:50:31 AM »

good on City,the rest of the greedy big boys should be doing the same.

Good on City? Good on the club that having been bought as a play-thing by someone with no connection to Manchester are now setting about buying a load of hollow success?

Giving a local club their reserve fixtures in return for a name change and a stadium re-paint is not worthy of respect. Manchester City are now a joke club. An embarrassment to football of Chelsea-esque proportions.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 09:54:05 AM »

Giving a local club their reserve fixtures in return for a name change and a stadium re-paint is not worthy of respect.

I expect there's more to this than actually meets the eye to be honest. A month or two Hyde were about to be wound up, and not in the way that Salisbury and FGR are but never actually are.

Now they're not and no mention being made of the taxman.

I would hazard a guess that this is actually a lifeline rather than a lick of paint.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 09:55:11 AM »

Irony Ballers mate  ::) just implying that we have some integrity.

Ah right, as you were BoDR.  :)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 03:50:28 PM »

Not only is the idiot Cook taking over Hyde City FC  but he's now taken on the role of trying to impress Noel Gallagher with his line in bullsh*t according to the Manchester Evening News

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1301512_oasis_legend_noel_gallagher_blown_away_by_city_transfer_plans

It's what every good chief exec. does .. write a pile of names on a napkin, and hand it over to a fan.

Class act Mr Cook sheer class !   

jimmyhank

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »

If there was a Premiership knobsock award then that moron Garry Cook would be very close to the top of a fantastically long list.

Stockportalty

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 08:55:59 AM »

A friend of ours has been in on all the meetings etc. at Hyde, not only have they repainted the ground, and dropped the 'United' out of their name, which I am told is going back to what they originally where when they first started 'Hyde FC'. But they will be playing in blue as their main colour, not sky blue - that would be too creepy, but a dark blue.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hyde fc