News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson/Neil Sorvel

Author Topic: Phil Parkinson/Neil Sorvel  (Read 4415 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 30, 2023, 09:28:09 AM »

May I through this site appeal to Phil Parkinson and Neil to stay as our current manager and assistant.

All the good work you have both done will be undone as we are definitely a team on the up. We are all aware of the interest from Grimsby Town currently, but you are both able to take this club much, much further. The board have supported you and you have never let us down in your career with us. We would really like you to stay and achieve what you, Neil and our beloved club are more than capable of.

Think the grass is always greener on the other side and your job here is secure, and local to you and your family.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, PHIL AND NEIL.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Phil Parkinson/Neil Sorvel
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 09:33:45 AM »

Sincerely echo those sentiments! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 10:30:46 AM »

Me too

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 11:36:11 AM »

Relax all , Phil and Neil continue to work wonders and their stock is rising so interest elsewhere will continue,  yet they have stated that they do want to see how far they can take us .I truly believe there is both mutual trust and respect between management and board and would be very surprised if they left us in such a healthy situation . We are only 9 places below Grimsby in the pyramid , they apparantly turned down Notts in their quest to 'finish' their journey here so i just can't see this happening.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 11:37:49 AM »

Echo your sentiments Steve as i'm sure the overwhelming majority of Alty fans do.
I don't envisage the dynamic duo will be at the helm forever and that when the time comes for them to move on comes I am confident they will leave us in a healthy and sustainable position.
That time would not be now or in the near future me thinks. Still work to be completed before we part company. Parky and Sorves know what the fans think of them and how much we value their commitment to the cause.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 12:17:07 PM »

Relax all , Phil and Neil continue to work wonders and their stock is rising so interest elsewhere will continue,  yet they have stated that they do want to see how far they can take us .I truly believe there is both mutual trust and respect between management and board and would be very surprised if they left us in such a healthy situation . We are only 9 places below Grimsby in the pyramid , they apparantly turned down Notts in their quest to 'finish' their journey here so i just can't see this happening.

Well put. However if ever the Crewe job came up I'd be very worried indeed.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2023, 12:27:00 PM »

Well put. However if ever the Crewe job came up I'd be very worried indeed.

It's actually Tranmere that worries me currently - especially given that Nigel Adkins is effectively caretaking.

Their last appointments have been relatively modest and they won't be after 'big names' like other clubs around this level have tended to do.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2023, 05:02:28 PM »

Doing a great job for Alty. Hoping they stay a good while longer and take us on our journey to the EFL.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2023, 06:39:42 PM »

I’m sure our management twosome are staying put . We are in a great position currently with some missing players due to return in the near future, exciting times ahead indeed.

Phil and Neil are well aware of their popularity and in my opinion,  moving on to pastures new wouldn’t be in their minds at this time.

Plus I’ve got  ticket to his Q&A in Dec so he can’t go anywhere 😃😃😉

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 07:27:48 PM »

Port Vale are in poor form another job that could be up for grabs soon

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2023, 09:24:56 PM »

Grimsby!

they're sh*t and stink of fish
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2023, 09:51:17 PM »

Port Vale are in poor form another job that could be up for grabs soon

That job's a nightmare. Knackered Askey and others I think 🤔

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2023, 07:49:13 AM »

Grimsby!

they're sh*t and stink of fish

I don't think he'd relocate given he's still got a relatively youngish family and, sadly, there will be enough local jobs going around over the next year or two.

Maybe that's why he didn't take Notts as it was just beyond what was comfortably commutable and didn't justify cutting the project short here at the time.

Doesn't his lad play academy football too? Might have made that up.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2023, 08:03:12 AM »

Hilariously, Macclesfield seemingly haven't learned from their previous mistakes by making a nepotism appointment in Alex Bruce, rather than an experienced head that can get them out of the division.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they end up down there a season longer.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2023, 11:50:38 AM »

Our worst nightmare would be the management duo leaving now.  If you think about it, they built 3 different teams during the course of last season.  Kept us up comfortably and had us ridiculously close to a Wembley final.  Look at us this season?  Fair to say I think that none of us thought we’d be 5th at the beginning of November.  Parky and Neal have been brilliant!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team