PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burglar in South Timperley?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burglar in South Timperley?  (Read 4592 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:51:09 PM »

Round Brook Av, Brook Lane last night, me and my brother saw someone on a bicycle behaving very suspiciously.

Around 3.50am in the garden after the night shift, as I was going outside, I saw a young man    (or old boy, white, on a (mountain?)bike, with dark clothes and possibly a lighter coloured baseball cap) who seemed to be coming out of our drive. He went off down Brook Avenue, cycling slowly on the pavement, seeming not to take much notice of me. I saw him looking in another house down the road, and he eventually went round the corner towards Londis. My brother went looking for him in his car and saw him looking at a house aswell, before losing sight of him on a road off the further up part of Brook Lane. Be aware! Especially during the school holidays.

Funnily enough I just read a newspaper piece sasying that illegal drugs trading is worth 5.3 billion pounds a year and accounts for 60 per cent of crime.

To force a football connection - this sort of thing is more likely to go on with rising costs. I think it could work in Alty's favour though - United have to charge high prices because of debt, people are less able to afford them so local people may opt for Alty more, especially if we play like at Stalybridge!

baldrick

Re: Burglar in South Timperley?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »

I don't understand that at all. Are you saying Alty should start signing drug addicted burglars on bikes?

VofD

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »

I don't understand that at all. Are you saying Alty should start signing drug addicted burglars on bikes?

aka DOPE PEDDLARS ;) ;)

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 06:06:51 PM »

Hugh please stay off the grass.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »

I mean with rising costs (food, petrol etc.) there's more likely to be robberies, but people are also less likely to be able to afford United tickets, and we should make a big effort to win people over, for example with an offer for the Wrexham game (cut prices or whatever), which could be our biggest league gate since Barnet in 1991.

No I don't want druggies to sign for Alty, look what happened to AFC Fylde (and Grays).

And yes I'll keep off the grass!

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »

Funnily enough I just read a newspaper piece sasying that illegal drugs trading is worth 5.3 billion pounds a year

the global drugs trade is worth 5 trillion USD, which is higher than USA's GDP and the global oil trade

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 07:01:56 PM »

Round Brook Av, Brook Lane last night, me and my brother saw someone on a bicycle behaving very suspiciously.

Around 3.50am in the garden after the night shift, as I was going outside, I saw a young man    (or old boy, white, on a (mountain?)bike, with dark clothes and possibly a lighter coloured baseball cap) who seemed to be coming out of our drive. He went off down Brook Avenue, cycling slowly on the pavement, seeming not to take much notice of me. I saw him looking in another house down the road, and he eventually went round the corner towards Londis. My brother went looking for him in his car and saw him looking at a house aswell, before losing sight of him on a road off the further up part of Brook Lane. Be aware! Especially during the school holidays.

Funnily enough I just read a newspaper piece sasying that illegal drugs trading is worth 5.3 billion pounds a year and accounts for 60 per cent of crime.

To force a football connection - this sort of thing is more likely to go on with rising costs. I think it could work in Alty's favour though - United have to charge high prices because of debt, people are less able to afford them so local people may opt for Alty more, especially if we play like at Stalybridge!

And i get slated for wishing someone a happy birthday. This country's on its arse
@AltyDaz

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »

Btw happy unbirthday Darren!  ;)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 07:15:26 PM »

Btw happy unbirthday Darren!  ;)
8 months to late but thanks
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »

Just been on the forum at www.burglar.net and there is a post from a burglar in Timperley saying he can't even ride his bike now without people interfering

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »

Just been on the forum at www.burglar.net and there is a post from a burglar in Timperley saying he can't even ride his bike now without people interfering

And noisey cnuts should be in bed at 3.50 in the morning
@AltyDaz

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 08:37:58 AM »

I can't help thinking that the best place to report this might be to the police rather than to this forum.

However, I do remember someone behaving suspiciously on a bike in this very same area in 1979, which seems too much of a coincidence to be unrelated. This was reported to the police and I believe the matter was investigated by them in 1988.

As for Man Utd fans coming down to watch Alty: I think we've had enough of that already this season....

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 10:09:32 AM »

It's been reported in this week's Messenger that:

"A frightened cyclist on his way home from work on Wednesday night reported being followed by two scary looking men in a car. At around 3.50 am the gentleman (not named) was pursued up and down Brook Lane and despite several attempts to hide down people's drives he could not shake his "predators" off. Finally, at around 04:10 am he managed to escape by riding his bike into the Bridgewater Canal and treading water until the coast was clear."

Longman

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 10:16:36 AM »

It's been reported in this week's Messenger that:

"A frightened cyclist on his way home from work on Wednesday night reported being followed by two scary looking men in a car. At around 3.50 am the gentleman (not named) was pursued up and down Brook Lane and despite several attempts to hide down people's drives he could not shake his "predators" off. Finally, at around 04:10 am he managed to escape by riding his bike into the Bridgewater Canal and treading water until the coast was clear."

HA!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »

Quite frankly......make poverty history, cheaper drugs now.....I wouldn't even be interested if it was Buggery in South Timperley, a commotion with some lotion and an attack of furtive shrubbery.

Quite possibly the most bizarre case of tenuous linkage in a football forum ever. Hats off Hugh.

Drug War, what it is good for?
Absolutely nothing........or more strictly speaking, rising levels of usage, greater availability, the creation of ever increasingly violent international gangs, a rising prison population, a marketplace brimming with dangerously adulterated goods. I know, it's failing spectacularly, let's throw some more money at it and have more of the same.

See what you've started now Hugh? My little political rant monkey has escaped from his tree. Did nobody ever tell you to keep politics out of sport?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team