PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Situation Arising
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Situation Arising  (Read 4798 times)

Jezza

Situation Arising
« on: February 28, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »

Does anyone else get the distinct feeling that the last match at Weymnouth could be very significant?

I've got a feeling we will go there with either us safe and Weymouth needing a win..... or us both just needing a point to send Farsley down?

I guess if Farsley go down they'll have to do some serious maths to decide ifthey go full time on gates of 300 in the BSN as opposed to fulll time on gates of 500 in the BSP?....mayhbe the Histonm chairman can lend them his calculator?

Although Weym,outh is one of our longer trips away it says everything about my feelings about farsley that I'd rather see them go down despite being more local.

Longman

Re: Situation Arising
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »

Yeah I have been thinking this match is going to be incredibly important for a long time, could be a very tense day down on the south coast!

Would be amazing if we went down there needing something to stay up and we did though!

chris_faz

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »

As i am a droylsden fan i should prefer yous to go down (so that little well never see you again chant can come back to bight you on the ass) yet weymouth going down would be much better as it would result in only 3 northern clubs going down, us, vics and stafford and would make our promotion chances a little easier next year.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »

We'll have a "farsley home crowd" travlling down to weymouth for the last day of the season.I know loads that are doing the full weekender

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »

Does anyone else get the distinct feeling that the last match at Weymnouth could be very significant?

I've got a feeling we will go there with either us safe and Weymouth needing a win..... or us both just needing a point to send Farsley down?

I guess if Farsley go down they'll have to do some serious maths to decide ifthey go full time on gates of 300 in the BSN as opposed to fulll time on gates of 500 in the BSP?....mayhbe the Histonm chairman can lend them his calculator?

Although Weym,outh is one of our longer trips away it says everything about my feelings about farsley that I'd rather see them go down despite being more local.

Farsley won't go full time if they get relegated. Only a complete pillock would contemplate that on their support.
I can see Farsley being the sort of team that could drop further down the non league ladder if they do get relegated.

I can appreciate what Chris_faz says bout the chant. I don't believe it will come back to bite us on the bum, but it would be very embarrassing if it did.
It would also increase the depth of the north/south divide if 4 northern clubs gt relegated (3 is bad enough). I can see the BSP coming a virtually totally southern & midlands league - making it even more expensive & difficult for any northern team to thrive.

Is there a good call to regionalise the BSP and not just those leagues below? Personally I would regionalise leagues 1 & 2 too. Discuss!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:54:57 AM »

Farsley won't go full time if they get relegated. Only a complete pillock would contemplate that on their support.
I can see Farsley being the sort of team that could drop further down the non league ladder if they do get relegated.

I can appreciate what Chris_faz says bout the chant. I don't believe it will come back to bite us on the bum, but it would be very embarrassing if it did.
It would also increase the depth of the north/south divide if 4 northern clubs gt relegated (3 is bad enough). I can see the BSP coming a virtually totally southern & midlands league - making it even more expensive & difficult for any northern team to thrive.

Is there a good call to regionalise the BSP and not just those leagues below? Personally I would regionalise leagues 1 & 2 too. Discuss!

They used to be Div 3 north & south, but transport is (theoretically) easier now.

However, regionalising the BSP  would prob mean a much stronger south division than north.
BUT, it would reduce expenses for northern clubs & their fans and reinvigorate more local rivalries.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

How would you go about regionalising leagues 1 and 2??  The teams in those leagues are there because they are good enough to be there!  I personally don't agree and think the conference should be national, it's about the best non league teams in the country, however that has become a little bit hazy with the amount of full time giants now in the league - Exeter, Torquay, Cambridge, York, Oxford, etc etc!

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 12:02:39 PM »

It is far too sensible an idea to regionalise non league at national level. It just won't happen, which is a big, big shame.

Longman

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 12:20:59 PM »

It is far too sensible an idea to regionalise non league at national level. It just won't happen, which is a big, big shame.

But then it wouldn't be National level would it?  As you could have and probably would have one division stronger than the other!  Which at the moment would be the Southern division.  At the moment we are playing at the highest level of non league football we can play at, if it were to be regionalised we wouldn't be.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »

Years ago we were all saying why cant the Alliance Premier league become the 5th league, why do we need to be voted into the league etc.

Now in effect it is a 5th league.

Can you really call BSN non league football anymore? Yes i know technically it is but with the fall of many previous league teams into the BSN and with two up to the 2nd division and the majority of teams being full time it has become in all intents and purposes a league 5 (or 3 if you prefer that).

I for one would not wish to regionalise it and take the glory away from being in this league.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »

I disagree. We need the BSP nationalised. Look at the quality of non-league football in the north of England compared to the south. Regionalising wouldnt improve the standard. Perhaps the league need to look at balancing the divide in other ways, using the setanta money. And limit midweek travel.

Is it not a more attractive prospect to people to play in a National league?

chris_faz

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 01:09:59 PM »

And limit midweek travel.
The league have started looking into this, they have so far limited the travel on boxing day and new years day and im sure midweek games will follow.
Hell yes!! Id rather struggle in this league than cost in bsn!! Plus its great to overlook your teams playing in a stadium like the kassam, rather than getting wet and watching a mood bath at the likes of vauxhall motors (no offence)

Longman

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »

I disagree. We need the BSP nationalised. Look at the quality of non-league football in the north of England compared to the south. Regionalising wouldnt improve the standard. Perhaps the league need to look at balancing the divide in other ways, using the setanta money. And limit midweek travel.

It's a much more attractive prospect!!  We are currently in the best tier of non league football we can be in, regionalising it would mean we aren't!  Lets fight to stay in this division and continue to strive to be at the best level we can compete at!

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »

I'm afraid we have to keep it as it is nationalised.....if northern clubs can't cut it then they don't deserve to be in the top flight.

Although in recent season we have lost northern clubs through the top end as well (accy, macc, morecambe, carlisle).

The southern drop out from the league which has unblanaced the BSP presumably means a more Northern based league one and two?....with maybe the southern clubs calling for regionalisation?

I'd be very sorry to miss playing the bloods, vics and stafford next year but wouldn't lose any sleep over losing the farsley neanderthals.

Mind you we have to stay up this year...and then next year...and the year after that so i think most Alty fans are realsitic enough to realise the never play you again song lyrics should be changed to "we'll not play for a few years until we get relegated or you get promoted"

I feel somewhat confident we have not seen the last of the alty droylsden fixtures.

chris_faz

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »

I'd be very sorry to miss playing the bloods,
Why thank you!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Situation Arising