News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why is Logan not committed?

Author Topic: Why is Logan not committed?  (Read 2890 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »

Can the one's who state that Logan is not committed please explain to me why he isn't ??? really don't know where you get this from ???

He turns up and sits on the bench when he is twice the player of Peyton, who for me has been poor for a lot of the season. When he comes on he always wants the ball even though no-one passes to him or helps him when he gets the ball. You never see him moaning at other players. When he played against Vics at home, he didn't light up the world but he did nothing wrong and tracked back well. He still played a lot better than half the team that day.

He should have least been on the nench yeaterday. Logan is a player who will always drag two players towards him. There has not been one team who have just gone for one man markig on him and when they went down to 8 players yesterday he would have been the best player to bring on.

When they went down to 8 players I must have lost about 5 years of my life, we played with a flat back 4 for a further 10 mins and lets face it we just about nicked it. The first sub we did was bring Scotty on a defender, talk about pulling my hair out. We should have taken off Peyton or Tinson for Pat. Logan has never been given the time to bed into the team. I remember saying Ian Craney was average and that Hawesy was a lot better centre mid but after about ten games in an alty shirt Craney turned into one of the best players I have seen at Moss Lane, same with Ellison. For me Logan has always given everything when he is on the pitch. He is not a Paul Robinson or Bowler who just jog around the pitch and don't look bothered. I think people need to wake up.

I would like to say that the first half yesterday was quality, great passing. Well done to the new lads. I still feel with Logan instead of the ineffective Peyton, who looks like he needs a rest, that we would have won that a lot easier. Anyway just happy with the three points. how good is Shotton, hero !!!!

Alty365

Re: Why is Logan not committed?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »

I'm sorry mate but I disagree with your comments about Warren Peyton. I don't regard Logan as a Bowler-type character but I think he's been very disappointing. Peyton gives 100% every single week and what he lacks in skill he more than makes up for with effort.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:02:49 PM »

oneedham, do you still hate Joe O'Neill?   ;)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »

Who has said he is not committed? But Peyton is a different player

They cannot be compared?

Perhaps Logan would have done well yesterday, but he was not picked and GH did not know they would loose players.

Previously when he has played when ha she done anything  special?

Reading Robin

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:34:19 AM »

It is well known that Logan came here hoping to earn a return to league football, this along with the fact he doesn't close down as much as other players is why his commitment is questioned i think.

Leaving him out of the 16 against Northwich was mystifying, i would have started him, but even if you don't he is still a great player to bring on.  I really hope this doesn't go down the same route as Bowler, who i thought got a harsh rep, i remember one game at ML last season when the lack of passing to him made it clear there was a rift between him and the other players.

Its hard for Logan to produce something 'special' often when he hasn't played much, especially recently, ask the question about other attacking players, bar Senior they haven't produced that much special, which is why we are struggling.  Logan has always looked a threat in the games i have seen, he was easily our best player against Aldershot i remember.

seasonticket

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:05:53 AM »

Reading Robin you say Logan looked a threat. Perhaps there is a bigger difference between "looking" and "being" than you think. Looking good is one thing being good is much different

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »

O'Neil - yeah still think he's rubbish, won't change my opinion just because he tapped a goal in. But hands up to him against Stevenage at home, he was just about average !!!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 03:15:40 PM »

Logan could be a decent player, he just needs to learn how to cross and pass the ball, though he can run at defenders and scare the crap out of them. However, our squad needs players to track back and help the defence out, let's face it our defence needs all the help in the world. This is where peyton is good, peyton can defend well, and pass the ball, and he can cross the ball too.

Logan is a handy player to have, maybe as results get better, he could be used more.

starjammer

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:04:24 PM »

Reading Robin you say Logan looked a threat. Perhaps there is a bigger difference between "looking" and "being" than you think. Looking good is one thing being good is much different

to say someone "looks a threat" is common football parlance, and understood by most people!  ::)

Probably the last time I post on this subject, so for the last time..
The biggest problem for me is how certain players in particular and the team as a whole don't find space and make themselves available (often called 'playing good football') For a winger to be effective he needs team mates to be able to lose their markers. Time after time, when Logan gets in a position to cross our forwards are the wrong side of their markers and our midfielders - instead of running into the penalty area are nowhere to be seen. I may be overstating the case, but this is the rule rather than the exception.

I said previously that I thought Logan would be made a scapegoat and it seems to be happening.

The scary thing is that even the manager seems to think Logan's final ball is the problem and fails to see that if a players is the wrong side of their marker the best winger in the world won't be able to find the pass

It seems that it's easier to blame the precocious newbie than look at the bigger problem with the team as a whole.  ::)

Watch MOTD and look at the movement of other players when a winger is a position to cross the ball. Then go to an Alty game and compare. It's the same game folks!
In fact watch the movement off the ball of players from teams we play week in week out. Shame GH can't see it either!  >:(

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 07:09:36 PM »

to say someone "looks a threat" is common football parlance, and understood by most people!  ::)

Probably the last time I post on this subject, so for the last time..
The biggest problem for me is how certain players in particular and the team as a whole don't find space and make themselves available (often called 'playing good football') For a winger to be effective he needs team mates to be able to lose their markers. Time after time, when Logan gets in a position to cross our forwards are the wrong side of their markers and our midfielders - instead of running into the penalty area are nowhere to be seen. I may be overstating the case, but this is the rule rather than the exception.

I said previously that I thought Logan would be made a scapegoat and it seems to be happening.

The scary thing is that even the manager seems to think Logan's final ball is the problem and fails to see that if a players is the wrong side of their marker the best winger in the world won't be able to find the pass

It seems that it's easier to blame the precocious newbie than look at the bigger problem with the team as a whole.  ::)

Watch MOTD and look at the movement of other players when a winger is a position to cross the ball. Then go to an Alty game and compare. It's the same game folks!
In fact watch the movement off the ball of players from teams we play week in week out. Shame GH can't see it either!  >:(

Great post

Longman

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 07:27:53 PM »

Starjammer - I agree, firstly we have a problem with our general movement as a team, that is very evident, we very rarely knock around little triangles and move into space like decent teams do.  Also I know this point has been raised hundreds of times but I feel Logan has not been given a proper shot, apart from Senior (and possibly Cahill from what I saw of him on NYD) he is our only player who really gets you going when he gets the ball at his feet, he causes things to happen, even if it's just a deflection for a corner!!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »

I know for fact that GH has commented to a friend in the club that no tries harder at training than Carlos, and he puts in some excellennt crosses.

BUT it is not replicated on matchday.

Very frustrating for all!!

I have nothing against Carlos, lets hope he can turn it around if given a chance.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team