PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheshire senior cup match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Cheshire senior cup match thread  (Read 10395 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Cheshire senior cup match thread
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2023, 10:03:15 AM »

Far far  too many loans this season . Yes they certainly improved the team but it isn’t the way ahead if we are serious about progressing up the National league table on a consistent basis. We have to do it under our own steam, and be able to sustain it, otherwise we have to be brutally realistic and lower our ambitions, I’m tired of hearing that we have one of the lowest budgets etc like it’s a badge of honour. We need some serious investment, this is a dog eats dog league, then there is the stadium improvements to find funding for. IMHO we are a long long way off league football.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2023, 10:13:35 AM »

The reality is without the loans we would be back in the national north come September.

We need a stable team but how we fund one of the right quality remains to be seen.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2023, 10:28:24 AM »

Far far  too many loans this season . Yes they certainly improved the team but it isn’t the way ahead if we are serious about progressing up the National league table on a consistent basis. We have to do it under our own steam, and be able to sustain it, otherwise we have to be brutally realistic and lower our ambitions, I’m tired of hearing that we have one of the lowest budgets etc like it’s a badge of honour. We need some serious investment, this is a dog eats dog league, then there is the stadium improvements to find funding for. IMHO we are a long long way off league football.

In fairness we've had new directors and their investment coming in which has enabled us to go full time in the first place. If you look at some of the very highest wage bills in this league you'd need proper sugar daddy money to compete so in that case it's a reasonable point comparing ours.

Totally agree with you re the ground. A pound spent on that is a pound less spent on the team and we badly need to spend on it. Rock and hard place springs to mind
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 10:35:26 AM by Bob »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2023, 10:34:54 AM »

Got far too many players wrong in the summer
It's all my fault.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2023, 10:56:09 AM »

How embarrassing was that? What a slap in the face for the fans at the end of a bitterly disappointing season. It’s hard to see how going full time is a positive when we’ve not improved our league position and bottled 2 cups. At least we stayed up this year but next year is not gonna be easy. We seriously need to address our keeper situation and Gould needs to go ASAP. Him coaching Byrne is the blind leading the blind. Step it up lads

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2023, 11:17:29 AM »

Phil, "I can't put my finger on what it was .."

I don't know Phil, maybe we have relied too heavily on loanees and our own players are just not good enough?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2023, 11:43:06 AM »

How embarrassing was that? What a slap in the face for the fans at the end of a bitterly disappointing season. It’s hard to see how going full time is a positive when we’ve not improved our league position and bottled 2 cups. At least we stayed up this year but next year is not gonna be easy. We seriously need to address our keeper situation and Gould needs to go ASAP. Him coaching Byrne is the blind leading the blind. Step it up lads

We seriously need to address our keeper situation and Gould needs to go ASAP. Him coaching Byrne is the blind leading the blind.

Totally agree and said this last night.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2023, 11:45:33 AM »

A lot to do in the close season, the truth is we're just not doing the basics in either penalty box - we don't take our chances and concede far too easily. Whilst playing as badly as I can remember a Parkinson side doing (Shildon included) we still had enough genuine chances to have won.     

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2023, 12:12:41 PM »

As disappointing as last night was, we need to be realistic here about what we are up against. Totally agree that we have had too many loans throughout the season, but as said earlier, without them we would have been relegated. The goalkeeping situation is tricky. Byrne will hopefully improve those aspects of his game that are currently a weakness and develop but an experienced polished keeper at this level would probably cost three times what we are paying Ollie. Gould is absolutely not good enough to be relied upon as a backup keeper at this level though. A younger keeper on loan a few levels below unless we need him would be a better option i think.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2023, 12:27:03 PM »

I am utterly speechless. I can't believe Parky doesn't see what we all can see so I do have hope that the situation is addressed in the summer.
It's as clear as day that without the loanees and the departed wingers we're just not good enough to survive in this league next season.
We need to sign, as lots on here (including me) have said, a dominant experienced keeper, a centre back to partner Baines and guide the back four, a number ten (whether or not Kosylo returns) and two goal scoring wide men.
Also, is there any chance of some finishing coaching at Egerton from Colin Little?
We must get our targets in the doors as soon as possible and not leave it to seeing if we fancy trialists three quarters through the pre season friendlies. We need the players to have bonded well before the new season kicks off so we don't have a mountain to climb after ten games like this year.
Still can't talk about last night. Mrs S was madder than I've seen her at an Alty game and she's usually very calm and positive.
A very depressing end to the season for us when we were hoping for a positive to cheer us over the summer.
Still glad we got our season tickets early doors though.

PS. We're likely to get walloped at Aldershot aren't we? But we'd better get used to it because without the signings we have outlined and all know are essential, it's going to be happening a lot next year.

Having said all that, come on you Super Robins!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2023, 05:46:49 PM »

Due to a prior booking couldn't make last night but sounds like  I dodged one! What was the crowd please?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2023, 05:48:49 PM »

Due to a prior booking couldn't make last night but sounds like  I dodged one! What was the crowd please?

1153 (435 away) 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2023, 05:57:40 PM »

Thanks SR😁

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2023, 06:05:34 PM »

Thanks SR😁

Very welcome. Wish I'd had a pressing other engagement too. Something more pleasant like a visit to the dentist! 😂😂
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheshire senior cup match thread