News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Don't tell us fans are important

Author Topic: Don't tell us fans are important  (Read 2931 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 23, 2022, 11:13:01 AM »

In interviews from the manage and surrender home advantage by giving Oldham a roof.

We can talk about being a soft touch on the pitch but yesterday the crowd behind Torquay (on all 4 sides og the ground) got them that point.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Don't tell us fans are important
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 11:47:48 AM »

Forecast for Tuesday is dry - ridiculous decision by the club.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 12:47:27 PM »

I would disagree on 3 main fronts.

1. Safety. Like Stockport before them Oldham are a huge club at this level. If we don’t give them a larger allocation then lots of them will just try and buy in our end which would lead to ugly scenes guaranteed. This is now far less likely than if they’d just got the Chequers end. They’ve sold 2500 for their game at ‘Fax next Saturday which is on the telly I see as an example.
2. Revenue. We all know the current financial climate is very hard & equally so for football clubs. We are not in a position to turn down an extra 8-10k of gate money & on a night where the club will have a lot of added costs to a normal game around staffing & security.
3. Home support levels. Our last Tuesday night home league game vs Scunny we had about 1150 home fans in. I’ve no doubt that will be a lot more on Tuesday but when we are nowhere near filling our own sections of the ground we can’t begrudge a large away support getting a few hundred extra. That corner of the ground would have been completely empty for half the game.

The atmosphere point is important I agree but I think Tuesday night the vocal home support staying in the Golf Road throughout is the way forward. Watching our defence at close quarters, god knows they need some support.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 01:14:44 PM »

I see both sides of this the revenue and atmosphere. If revenue is so important you would have thought the continued issues at the bar that were pointed out on numerous times would have been resolved immediately and not left to drag on

For me the atmosphere tips the balance give them the chequers end and family stand as the truth is if we don't have the atmosphere advantage we may not have the additional revenue conundrum to worry about
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 01:16:21 PM by alty.fc »
Come on you red and white........

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 01:52:36 PM »

1. Safety. Like Stockport before them Oldham are a huge club at this level. If we don’t give them a larger allocation then lots of them will just try and buy in our end which would lead to ugly scenes guaranteed. This is now far less likely than if they’d just got the Chequers end. They’ve sold 2500 for their game at ‘Fax next Saturday which is on the telly I see as an example.
2. Revenue. We all know the current financial climate is very hard & equally so for football clubs. We are not in a position to turn down an extra 8-10k of gate money & on a night where the club will have a lot of added costs to a normal game around staffing & security.
3. Home support levels. Our last Tuesday night home league game vs Scunny we had about 1150 home fans in. I’ve no doubt that will be a lot more on Tuesday but when we are nowhere near filling our own sections of the ground we can’t begrudge a large away support getting a few hundred extra. That corner of the ground would have been completely empty for half the game.

The atmosphere point is important I agree but I think Tuesday night the vocal home support staying in the Golf Road throughout is the way forward. Watching our defence at close quarters, god knows they need some support.

I suspect that the revenue element is the paramount issue here, particularly in light of the fact that we currently have three scheduled Tuesday evening home fixtures during the next two months (versus Wealdstone, Barnet and Maidenhead United respectively) which are only likely to attract relatively low attendances.

The home turnout for that recent SC**thorpe United game really was bewilderingly poor.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 05:57:45 PM »

I suspect that the revenue element is the paramount issue here, particularly in light of the fact that we currently have three scheduled Tuesday evening home fixtures during the next two months (versus Wealdstone, Barnet and Maidenhead United respectively) which are only likely to attract relatively low attendances.

The home turnout for that recent SC**thorpe United game really was bewilderingly poor.

One additional important factor on the revenue front is that this week is half term week so am hoping we can push the attendance towards and north of 3000. And, of course, the fanzone is also due to open which adds to the mix.

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 06:43:54 PM »

Fans are important.So if Oldham have 1500 who want to come to Moss Lane then to restrict them to 1000 would be outrageous.
 And an extra 500 Alty fans would not turn up to equalise.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 07:15:28 PM »

Have to agree this time with Sarf London Alty.  Oldham will nigh on fill the away end. We need the money to entice some players ..

Also. As we travel around the away grounds and see what they have, It would be nice if we could invest in a decent Scoreboard. I’m sure it wouldn’t cost a fortune.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 07:40:55 PM »

Decent toilets around the ground would be my preference!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 07:57:54 PM »

Fans are important.So if Oldham have 1500 who want to come to Moss Lane then to restrict them to 1000 would be outrageous.

So be it, we need to take every advantage we can. York fans were capped af Brackley for playoffs.
It's all my fault.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 10:09:38 AM »

So be it, we need to take every advantage we can. York fans were capped af Brackley for playoffs.

Only capped due to crowd trouble though, nothing else!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 02:14:25 PM »

Perhaps you would have more success running a campaign to have the roof taken off the end of the popside.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 06:52:30 AM »

Beat me to it.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 11:40:35 AM »

Beat me to it.

Was capped betore the trouble. They doubled down the cap when York fans couldnt get tickets.
It's all my fault.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team