PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Boston
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty v Boston  (Read 3957 times)

Jimmy

Alty v Boston
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »

Would it not be a good idea to switch this game to Wednesday just like the Bradford game the crowd will be 100 shy because of the united European cup game

GB Alty

Re: Alty v Boston
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »

Would it not be a good idea to switch this game to Wednesday just like the Bradford game the crowd will be 100 shy because of the united European cup game
why don't we give totally?

Play all games in the middle of the night to avoid clashing with any other possible game in the country

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »

Play all games in the middle of the night to avoid clashing with any other possible game in the country

To be fair, what Jimmy suggests is a decnt idea. Every penny helps
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:45:15 PM by distancetraveller »

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »

problem is uday we only took 100 to droylesden last season when a European game was on normally we would've took 200 plus see you saturday

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 04:48:12 PM »

I would be happy with the wednesday

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »

How many times do you want to move games?

We were discussing this in the bar yesterday, moving to Wednesdays is an inconvenience to many regular supporters

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »

You maybe right it is probably best to respect the true supporters even if it takes 100 of the gate

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »

You maybe right it is probably best to respect the true supporters even if it takes 100 of the gate
see you on Wednesday Jimmy

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 05:14:24 PM »

I'm in favour of keeping to advertised dates unless the circumstances are really exceptional. The logic for moving this week's game seems sound to me - Stalybridge seem to have adopted the same approach for their game v Guiseley, by the way - even though it means I can't be there, but in the past we've gone ahead with games on the same night as Stretford Rovers' European games - I seem to remember Alty v Leigh RMI as a counter-attraction to Juventus at Cold Trafford some years ago - and would no doubt do the same if the clash were with the mob from the Wastelands. (If you detect a lack of any great respect for either of the Manchester Premier League clubs on my part you might just be right, by the way!)   

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »

see you on Wednesday Jimmy
I'm working nights mate

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 05:58:24 PM »

Thursday would be good for me....say about 19.15 coz I've got an early start Friday......

seriously a decent suggestion as long as the oppo agree as it was at short notice (ioe no-one expected man u to get this far).... ;D

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 12:27:44 PM »

100 through the gate = £1000 or more. Moving games to avoid the neighbours clash tomorrow is correct.  Moving games to avoid other big games that will hit our gates is equally correct.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »

100 through the gate = £1000 or more. Moving games to avoid the neighbours clash tomorrow is correct.  Moving games to avoid other big games that will hit our gates is equally correct.

I agree

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »

The Manchester Derby has been postponed until Wednesday as they fear a reduction in attendance due to the Alty game on the Tuesday!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »

The Manchester Derby has been postponed until Wednesday as they fear a reduction in attendance due to the Alty game on the Tuesday!
I expect after tonights result- their will be plenty of Utd fans who would prefer to watch Alty just now  ;)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Boston