PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More kerfuffle at Vics!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: More kerfuffle at Vics!  (Read 11217 times)

samba

Re: More kerfuffle at Vics!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »

I have to admit I was thinking about this last night, as it could be a good way to get a few more through the gates.  I think it would be sensible to let vics season ticket holders in for £5 or somethin?

Either way, glad they get to play their last game.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 03:59:15 PM »

I've got to be honest, if ever the situation was reversed and I touch wood   ;) and pray to God it would never hapen, but if ALty when titis up like that I can't think of anything more depressing than then going to watch Vics in the conferefnce for the rest of the season, even if it was in a relegation fight.

Do you not think so?  :P

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »

I've got to be honest, if ever the situation was reversed and I touch wood   ;) and pray to God it would never hapen, but if ALty when titis up like that I can't think of anything more depressing than then going to watch Vics in the conferefnce for the rest of the season, even if it was in a relegation fight.

Do you not think so?  :P

Ballers,

Have to concur with you on this one.

I have spent far too many afternoons and evenings loathing Vics to consider ever even watching them as a 'neutral'.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »

I mean, us gone, out of the conference, just watch Northwich enjoying themselves, bloody hell!

Alty365

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »

Latest news from the Northwich Guardian:

"MIKE Connett says he has done all he can to save Northwich Victoria.

The Vics chairman issued a statement this afternoon, Thursday, pleading for any potential saviour to come forward now.

It read: "I have tried everything possible to keep this football club running over the last three years but every club needs supporters and, at present, Northwich simply does not have enough.

advertisement"In this division we need home attendances of 1,500 just to break even and we are well short of that.

"If Northwich wants a football club the local community needs to support it - and so do local businesses.

"It is easy for people to criticise and over the last three years some of the personal abuse I have received has been sickening.

"Over the past few months I have been in discussions with various parties who have expressed an interest in buying the football club.

"You cannot run a business on fresh air and no one, to date, has been prepared to enter into a serious negotiation.

"I am told that the Supporters Trust is trying to work out a rescue package. Let me state on the record that I would be more than willing to let the Supporters Trust run the football club.

"The club's finances are in a desperate state. There is no disputing that. There are not enough people coming through the turnstiles. But if the Supporters Trust - or anyone else - is serious about saving this football club the time for talking is over.

"It is time for action."
"

Just a thought Mike but did you ever consider that as you were fighting a losing battle trying to double home attendances it might have been wise to reduce your outgoings just a little?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:11:45 PM by Alty365 »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 04:14:01 PM »

I'm led to believe that outgoings were reduced to a bare minimum.

Re-arrange the following words into an order *alledgedly*

half single not in a  has the past invoice and two  a years  paid

teasybeaver

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 04:53:27 PM »

Thats far too complicated for me but I heard that they haven't been paying their bills for a while if thats any help.

Its too late for connett to sound sincere now. He still manages to throw the business thing in there. He doesn't mention his egotistical attitude that caused everyone involved in the club to quit and best of all he acts as if its the fans fault that the club has been allowed to be run into the ground.

Honestly, he's clearly played this game before with his various 'failed' companies. He seems to avoid talking about the ground he owns and will sell for a ridiculous ammount in the near future, surely that could save the club?

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »

Alty have been in exactly the same position with a similar debt to the same people.

Alty's reaction was to pay something off to the IR and make a payment plan..then drastically reduce the wage bill to a level that meant we struggled to finish 13th in the old Unibond...but we stayed alive.

The walrus could have sold his Bentley and set a wage budget based on realistic gates of 600....anything extra would then be a bonus that paid the debt of quicker and the Vics would have sunk to their right level, paid off the debt  and be in a position to then use the money that had been spent on the debt to rise again...but that sounds like a business plan and obviously too pie in the sky for connett.

altyf

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 05:07:44 PM »

If I were a Vics fans I couldnt be anything but furious with those comments from the Walrus...to have the cheek to say there arent any fans coming through the turnstiles when hes the reason is just ridiculous!

And to make a plea for people to come and put their money in to save Vics and say "they deserve a club in the local community"...well they still f*cking would have a club if it wasnt for his discraceful ways....sorry but that man is a joke!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 08:40:05 PM »

This should had been a memo MC should had recieved when he took over

Mike - Please call 0161 928 1045.Speak to Graham Heathcote or Grahame Rowley....they will tell you how to run a self sufficient football club.

To blame the fans for the mess they are in is unbelievable. Makes him look a bit of a prat saying the club needs 1500 to break even, yet a team only 10 miles up the road and above them in the table only gets 1100 at home and makes a profit.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 10:03:22 PM »

My Dad Has just been to the northwich crisis meeting and there may be hope yet. Apparently near the end of the meeting a bloke stood up and said he is an ex director of woodley football club and he and his board are going to take over northwich from tomorow!
The club is half a million in debt and they dont own anything. The idea is that these people will take over the club and rent the ground of connett himself!

penfold

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 10:17:33 PM »

Suppose thats abit of good news, this season wouldnt have been the same without the local derby. However, its a bit riskey taking over that much debt in a club really

altyf

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 10:26:42 PM »

It will be really interesting to see what happens there, if it is a serious investor

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 12:22:14 AM »

My Dad Has just been to the northwich crisis meeting.

:o

Worst quote from a father to a son since

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 09:20:09 AM »

LMAO!  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More kerfuffle at Vics!