PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More kerfuffle at Vics!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: More kerfuffle at Vics!  (Read 11220 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
More kerfuffle at Vics!
« on: October 10, 2007, 09:32:58 PM »

I was going to say more fun and games but it's not fun and there might not be any more games.

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=1376.msg12108;topicseen#new

That said, a thursday night train journey for a few beers in 'leafy' cheshire to watch Utd v liverpool reserves whilst making a point sounds fun if anyone fancies it?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: More kerfuffle at Vics!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »

I do wonder if Vics will survive long enough to be included in next Monday's draw for the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round.

A bye awaiting one team, possibly?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 09:41:45 PM »

Whats the betting Connetts men don't allow vics fans in?

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 04:11:20 AM »

bet he does if its a big game ith a chance of asset stripping the 1 st round proper

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:54:13 AM »

By the end of today we will know if Vics will ever play a game again. I have a feeling that won't happen. Its a real shame.

This isn't a rallying call by any means but I'd hope that a couple of Alty fans will go tonight to show some support, or at least e-mail man utd r sky sports news as suggested in the link below:

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=1381.0

Another truly perplexing day for non-league football. And still the FA sit around and let this happen over and over again. I bet good money that another non-league club will lose its local rivals for the long-term before the seasons out, just as we have.

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 09:44:13 AM »

I know it seems a strange thing to say, but (god forbid) if the worst should happen tonight I would like to think Northwich fans will be made very welcome at Moss Lane should they wish to attend any of our home games between now and the end of the season. You can never replace the team you support or change your allegiance under any circumstances but replacing the "footy fix" is something which is entirely necessary. At this sad time we should demonstrate clearly why we are widely regarded as such a friendly and pleasant club.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 09:50:23 AM »

Northwich season ticket gets discounted/free entry to Moss Lane perhaps?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »

That's something I hadn't thought about. Bad enough losing your club but to have paid for the non existent games up front too!

I'm sure that nice Mr C will issue refunds. ::)
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

louise1925

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 01:21:04 PM »

I think that free entry for Vics season ticket holders is something we should seriously be considering, if it's feasible.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »

We would need to take legal advice as we wouldn't want to incur liability for any tax or Vat on them, no doubt currently unpaid.

I think if and I mean if, we followed this route a discount scheme would be more appropriate rather like the England game idea on a match by match basis.

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 03:01:20 PM »

if vics fans came t our games would we have to have three lots of segregation,

no wonder phil has resigned he saw this coming

altyf

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 03:02:42 PM »

The Northwich v Exeter game has been confirmed as on and will be televised by Setanta...I thought there was some doubt about this last night, though I heard some Vics fans saying they've already played their last game?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »

if vics fans came t our games would we have to have three lots of segregation,

no wonder phil has resigned he saw this coming

Excellent  ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 03:33:15 PM »

There seems to be a lot of well intended comments on here towards the Vics and there is maybe nothing wrong with that, but let's try and keep this to sensible proportions.

By all means let's make welcome any Vics supporter who may still need their footy fix and could not stomach the short trip to Witton, but letting season ticket holders in for free ? What next, buy their beer before the game and a free programme.

Maybe a discount would be appropriate to Vics ST holders something like the England suggestion (think this has been said earlier). Even if Vics fans came and stood with the away supporters, then they would be made welcome in the bar etc because they would be increasing attendances and revenue (soemthing our club needs as well).

Remember also that if Boxing Day is off, then our season ticket holders have also lost a game this season that they have theoretically paid for 
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

teasybeaver

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 03:37:47 PM »

The Northwich v Exeter game has been confirmed as on and will be televised by Setanta...I thought there was some doubt about this last night, though I heard some Vics fans saying they've already played their last game?

The players pay cheque's bounced. There was a players meeting today and now the game is apparently on. I imagine they have decided to play on for the fans farewell, as a pose to connett actually paying them. Who knows with this farce, I still think it will be the last game they play though.

Letting them in for free would be a bit over the top. A discount maybe better. Its not fair on the paying fans to watch vics fans just pop in for free.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More kerfuffle at Vics!