PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message for Tony Pulis
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Message for Tony Pulis  (Read 5121 times)

taxi Phil

Message for Tony Pulis
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:15:52 PM »

Stoke City in the Europa League : unbeaten and heading for the next phase, Ryan Shotton ever present (1 goal, and a Man of the Match award).

Stoke City in the Premier League on the Sundays following Europa League : four straight defeats, and a goal difference of minus 13, Ryan Shotton hasn't set foot on the pitch.

Now, with respect, I think I can see the problem here Mr.Pulis....................................

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Message for Tony Pulis
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »

Stoke City in the Europa League : unbeaten and heading for the next phase, Ryan Shotton ever present (1 goal, and a Man of the Match award).

Stoke City in the Premier League on the Sundays following Europa League : four straight defeats, and a goal difference of minus 13, Ryan Shotton hasn't set foot on the pitch.

Now, with respect, I think I can see the problem here Mr.Pulis....................................

Having been at yesterday's game working you could see Stoke were there for the taking from the kick off it was nice to see the Reebok rocking, As for goals after music Bolton play Just can't get enough
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a84L1hVVEls not normally a fan of music after goals but this works as the whole stadium joins in
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »

Having been at yesterday's game working you could see Stoke were there for the taking from the kick off it was nice to see the Reebok rocking, As for goals after music Bolton play Just can't get enough
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a84L1hVVEls not normally a fan of music after goals but this works as the whole stadium joins in

Without getting the whole music debate started again, I'd rather scoop out my eyes with a rusty spoon than play music after a goal.

But on the Shotton front, wholeheartedly agree.

whopper

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:50:02 AM »

it really is a huge part of the entertainment at most sporting venues,  music should be embraced not stubbornly frowned opon, its happening at most clubs, we will wake up one day and smell the coffee, people view it as anti-traditional or something, truth is its just a bit of fun

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:55:18 AM »

It works when there are 20,000 there and they all (or most of them) join in ... but not when there are 700 odd and on a tinny PA (Just my opinion)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:18:03 AM »

it really is a huge part of the entertainment at most sporting venues frequented by under-10s, Americans and social inadequates,  music should be embraced not stubbornly frowned opon, its happening at most clubs, we will wake up one day and smell the coffee, people view it as anti-traditional or something, truth is its just a bit of fun

Corrected for you.
In addition, I'd expect that the majority of people who currently create atmosphere after a goal would stand in silence if we played some cr4p music, while a handful of kids would sing along - sorry, but not my idea of fun.

If you want to hear music after a goal, take along your iPod and press the play button when Reevesy knocks in a goal - everyone's happy then.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

markecky

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 10:11:36 AM »

The notion that the whole crowd would sing along at Alty is a nonsense.

Only 50% of the crowd bother to clap the team onto the pitch, this reduced to 10% for the second half and  if you watch the videos some people don't even move when we score.

And on Saturday over 70% of the people who do sometimes sing were talking about their weekends etc and not even watching the match.

Yes its harder to get an atmosphere going when there are no away fans but we need to step it up a bit in my opinion.

whopper

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »

it really is a huge part of the entertainment at most sporting venues frequented by under-10s, Americans and social inadequates,  music should be embraced not stubbornly frowned opon, its happening at most clubs, we will wake up one day and smell the coffee, people view it as anti-traditional or something, truth is its just a bit of fun

Corrected for you.
In addition, I'd expect that the majority of people who currently create atmosphere after a goal would stand in silence if we played some cr4p music, while a handful of kids would sing along - sorry, but not my idea of fun.

If you want to hear music after a goal, take along your iPod and press the play button when Reevesy knocks in a goal - everyone's happy then.

What a bollox generalization that is and a complete myth again, so were at the level of correcting peoples posts to try and influence a debate, pathetic.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »

Actions speak louder than words

When would we be able to sing 'do you practice that all week'  :) Music, no thanks

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

Corrected for you.

What a bollox generalization that is and a complete myth again, so were at the level of correcting peoples posts to try and influence a debate, pathetic.

As if posts don't get edited by people to make a point all the time. Calm down Jacko. You have your point of view, others have theirs. Its a forum where it all gets aired. Just because somebody disagrees with you no need to start calling them pathetic.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 02:27:48 PM »

I can't believe this is being debated still. It's just so tinpot to have music after a goal and I'm actually embarrassed for other clubs when they do it. It's football not High School bloody musical.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:57:29 PM by GolfRoader »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 04:35:58 PM »

They also have a drum.

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 04:36:02 PM »

I can't believe this is being debated still. It's just so tinpot to have music after a goal and I'm actually embarrassed for other clubs when they do it. It's football not High School bloody musical.

or Glee! (C'mon! Catch up with the times!)

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »

Actions speak louder than words

When would we be able to sing 'do you practice that all week'  :) Music, no thanks

Spot on Goodwinness!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »

Corrected for you.

What Jacko is forgetting is that football can only be played in triangles.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message for Tony Pulis