PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Staying Up Anyway We Can?

Poll

If we go down on Saturday...and was your choice, would you accept a reprieve?

Yes, we must stay in the Conference National
No, we should take our relegation if it comes
Unsure

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Staying Up Anyway We Can?  (Read 5616 times)

markecky

« on: April 25, 2008, 12:25:19 PM »

My view.  As long as the club don't campaign for others to go (which they never have), I would take a reprieve in any circumstances. 

The loss of income and stature is massive

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Staying Up Anyway We Can?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:27:24 PM »

maybe in future relegation could be decided by a five a side tourney at the JJB between the accountants of the bottom five clubs.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »

I woudl accept a reprieve but I wouldn't want one (I know that doesn't make sense!)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »

Agree with unemployed and markecky
Harold

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »

the loss of income would be matched by lower costs. the loss of prestige less so as the conference is off most people's radar anyway. being at the bottom of the conference even more so.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »

the loss of income would be matched by lower costs. the loss of prestige less so as the conference is off most people's radar anyway. being at the bottom of the conference even more so.

At the risk of disagreeing with every post you make, I'll have to do it again on the prestige bit.

Conference National means that you are on the BBC football pages, my father in law follows closely with the scorers on 309 of teletext, he won't be able to in the North
Live radio commentaries
Live Matches..goals on Setanta.
Alty will be on in some pubs in the town tomorrow, unheard of against Redditch
Tables on Sky Sports News....reports on signings on newsfeeds

Going to the Conference North removes all these and takes the name of the club away from people who may see it in passing.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »

if i said altrincham played in red and white you'd day it was white and red (and black).

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 01:53:51 PM »

if i said altrincham played in red and white you'd day it was white and red (and black).

Never mind, at least you'll be able to make yet another tedious "movie" about it to post on Confguide.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 01:58:18 PM »

Are you going to disregard my points then?

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 02:19:52 PM »

At the risk of agreeing with ecky (pseudo) yet again and disagreeing with you coalminer (real name?) can I just say that you are possibly incorrect on this one.

We wont get any decent coverage on sky sports news, i.e. goal updates on time, we wont get a bbc page and our costs will only be lower if we decide not to try and get promoted. If we want to get promoted we'll need a better playing staff than we have now. I think your radar is broken too coalminer.

Its nothing personal, but you are surely wrong here?

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »

At the risk of agreeing with ecky (pseudo) yet again and disagreeing with you coalminer (real name?) can I just say that you are possibly incorrect on this one.

We wont get any decent coverage on sky sports news, i.e. goal updates on time, we wont get a bbc page and our costs will only be lower if we decide not to try and get promoted. If we want to get promoted we'll need a better playing staff than we have now. I think your radar is broken too coalminer.

Its nothing personal, but you are surely wrong here?

You idiot Jeremy..you've blown my cover!!

Narcissist

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »

I forgot to say:

Bring on the reprieve, its 2 men and a dog with their arms folded behind the goal or 400 York Ultras giving us banter for being stuffy sods. Take your f*cking pick, its not rocket science.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »

Mark, it doesn't really matter whether you and i agree on anything. The club will either stay up and do the best it can in the lower reaches of the Conference, or will get relegated and finish somewhere in the top half of conference North. Either way the greater public will barely notice.

Ian

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »

The 'greater public' yes. They no doubt will still have a limited interest, only to entertain the alty fruitcakes like us who go on about non-league football constantly.

However the public of Altrincham and surrounding areas are different. It may only be 500 people who decide that the BSN is a rung too low on the ladder to bother turning up, but that difference is massive to alty fc (the club not the pseudo).

If you think that is nothing then fair play, to me its the difference between pride and a fall. As in, I will still be proud and so will you but the town as a whole will not.

Plus, if you think we will finish in the top half of BSN next season then you are twice as confident as me.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »

If I didn't actually know you were an Alty fan, I'd think you were a Vics fan on a windup.

My points as to why its better to be in the National are there for all to see.  The fact we have put on about 250 home fans despite being sh*te also bear them out.

They will disappear if we go down as they won't hear about us as much.

"I'm just watching Sky Sports news, It says on here that Alty are playing Wrexham tommorrow night love, I might take our Jonny to that"

Blue Square North Fixtures
Altrincham v Solihull Moors (19:45)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team